goonbrain
RedOranje
CBarca
RealGunner
Lupi
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Dark Knight Rises Vs The Amazing Spider-Man  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Vs The Amazing Spider-Man

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 08 Dec 2012, 00:41

No i'm completely serious i never got into it the way Batman Begins and TDKR grabbed me.

It was a decent action flick with Batman ( well more or less) in the name but really not much more.

I also think Heath Ledger's performance was nowhere near as good as made out and people went nuts because of his untimely death.

I preferred Jack Nicholas performance as Joker.

I don't think it transcended the genre not even close another example of why it's overrated.

Another example of hype distorting people's opinion of what they see.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Dark Knight Rises Vs The Amazing Spider-Man  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises Vs The Amazing Spider-Man

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 08 Dec 2012, 01:12

Hype distorting people's opinion? I watched the movie about 3 or 4 times, I loved it every time. I think Ledger delivers a fantastic performance. I don't think this because I've been told it was great, I genuinely liked it every time. Just because you don't agree with that - and you're in the large minority there - doesn't mean that everyone who disagrees has his opinion distorted by hype.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 08 Dec 2012, 01:26

And hype didn't effect your thinking at any point?

I find that hard to believe it effects anyone's opinion on any walk of life.

Whether you realise it or not it does... i'm not going to drum my opinion down any ones throat you asked why i feel the way i do and i gave it.

But you can't honestly sit there and say that at any stage hype has not effected the way you think about the film....

Basically every film i have ever watched hype has effected my opinion of it one way or another its unavoidable in any walk of life not just films.

Also my post was about the general view of the film by the public and i feel that the film itself was overrated compared to the other batman films which i enjoyed more..... i also still don't understand the hype behind Heath Ledgers performance and still to this day think it wouldn't have got half the hype if he didn't die.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat 08 Dec 2012, 02:09

Of course hype has an effect on the films, absolutely. Denying that fact would be silly, especially with films like the TDKR and TDK... It's all the pre-film publicity that builds it up.

Honestly, I think with you Mole, that you had unrealistic expectations for the Dark Knight. I personally thought it was fantastic but I didn't build it up prior to watching it at all and it blew me away. I've never seen such a take on a superhero type film. It cut all the bubbly bullshit from other films and gave it that dark grungy feel, which suited Batman.

I agree it's overrated though, absolutely. Some of the things people say about it are quite absurd but it is quite a masterpiece at the same time. And I think I enjoyed TDKR more honestly. I've never seen a trilogy put together so well before, it blends the first two films perfectly.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat 08 Dec 2012, 03:01

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think i'm the only one in the whole world who thinks TDKR >>>>> TDK

Thought TDK horrifically overrated especially Heath Ledger's performance.

I actually think it's the worst of the trilogy.

Okay mole I know we have the same opinions on a lot of things but this is getting ridiculous. 100% agree with this. Mole, you are jibers multi ffs
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat 08 Dec 2012, 03:04

Again Agreed MOle, my favourite movie is still BB. followed by rises. TDK was just so tedious to watch by the end i wanted to leave the cinema. I didn't realy rate Heath Ledgers performance and all this hype is because he died. Jack Nicholson was a much betetr joker.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat 08 Dec 2012, 04:45

Dante wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:I found Amazing Spiderman to be quite average while TDKR was easily one of the best movies this year for me.

Maybe its because I like Tobey McGuire as Spiderman. The new guy just doesn't fit the picture in my head. Spiderman 1 & 2 of the early 00's were great movies. Classic movies in fact. Not sure Amazing Spiderman is EVER going to be considered a classic by anyone.

Just my opinion.

McGuire , really ? He was like , the exact opposite of Spiderman in my eyes . Didn't look as young , didn't look explored , he wasn't funny at all and on top of it , his Spiderman in general looked , lamed down for the audiences . The 3 was like a parody-Spiderman , lol .

The new movie was exciting to watch , a breath of fresh air around Spiderman as it went on . They put to much emphasis on science , which i really liked and Spiderman looked a lot like he would have been in his begginings , clumsy and silly looking , whilst his arsenal of moves and skills were gradualy improving , thus making the real Spiderman with time.

Better than any of the 3 previous ones , at least better made. Few cliches here and there , but with regards to Spiderman and his start , they did as best they could , not much Webb could change. anyway ,

This against the TDKR , i think it's not far from a draw , but i must admit that even though i didn't enjoy the TDKR as much as i wanted it to , it was better made as far as movie criteria . The A.S may have been better than any of the previous spiderman , but it never reached the detail and acting the TDKR had .

Having said that , i enjoyed this more than the TDKR , and it was the first of the Spiderman movies that nailed P.P , an akward but hilarious high school teenager who finds his goal in life by becoming Spiderman . TDKR was a good movie , highly recommended , but it let me down in some important things personaly , but that's just me.
Well not me. I loved McGuire. But one thing you must notice is that the comic series "Spiderman"(Ultimate Spiderman) is different from "The Amazing Spiderman". I think that's what makes both actors' roles almost completely different.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue 11 Dec 2012, 20:50

I ve enjoyed rises more than the dark knight, but i do know i am in the minority seat.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue 11 Dec 2012, 21:21

Lol @ Mole & jibers saying Nicholson was better.

Was Nicholson a lot like the traditional joker from the Batman comics & cartoons? Absolutely! A carbon copy, if I may. But that's what makes Ledger's performance remarkable and what made TDK a classic imo. They made sure to drift away from some of the traditional aspects of the Batman comics and still pulled it off in brilliant fashion.

Ledger's joker is the kind of movie villain you remember 10 years from now. Not sure many will be referencing Nicholson's joker. In fact, the only instances Nicholson's joker has been mentioned in the past few years are in arguments like these when talking about Ledger.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2