Amar
timzink
SamuelJayC
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arsenal v West Brom Preview Empty Arsenal v West Brom Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Arsenal v West Brom, Saturday 8th December 3pm, Emirates Stadium, Premier League

Arsenal v West Brom Preview 1965556_full-lnd
Tomas Rosicky was outstanding in mid-week against Olympiacos & scored Arsenal's goal

Premier League

1. Man Utd 36pts
2. Man City 33pts
3. Chelsea 26pts
4. Spurs 26pts
- - - - - - - - -
5. WBA 26pts
6. Everton 23pts
- - - - - - - - -
10. Arsenal 21pts

Gunners must turn season around

As everyone knows by now, Arsenal have made their worst ever start to a season under Arsene Wenger. 21 points from 15 games represents the Gunners' worst opening to a campaign since 1994/95, when the club finished in 12th place. Quite simply, Wenger must ensure his team turn the season around, and quickly. Though, the Frenchman is not as worried as fans or media it seems.

"We still have 23 games to play," the manager said on Friday, "The points are counted at the end of the season." Arsenal welcome West Bromich Albion to the Emirates on Saturday afternoon, a game in which two out-of-form sides will meet. Despite an impressive beginning to the season, Steve Clarke's West Brom have hit a brick wall. Consecutive defeats to Swansea and Stoke ended a four-game winning streak, and Wenger's men must take advantage, even if they themselves have only tasted victory once in the last six league games.

Home & Away wins for Arsenal last year

Arsenal 3-0 WBA (5/11/11) - Robin van Persie, Thomas Vermaelen & Mikel Arteta were on the score sheet as Wenger's side thumped the Baggies.
XI: Szczesny; Jenkinson Koscielny Vermaelen Santos; Arteta Song; Walcott Ramsey Gervinho; Van Persie

WBA 2-3 Arsenal (13/5/12) - A second-half winner from Laurent Koscielny saw Arsenal confirm Champions League qualification.
XI: Szczesny; Jenkinson Koscielny Vermaelen Santos; Song Coquelin; Benayoun Rosicky Gervinho; Van Persie

Match Facts

* Peter Odemwingie has scored in 2 of his 3 Premier League appearances against Arsenal.

* West Brom have never kept a clean sheet in their 12 Premier League games against Arsenal, conceding 28 goals in total.

* In the last 6 league meetings between the Gunners and West Brom, there have been 5 goals scored in the opening 10 minutes.

* 63% (10 of 16) of the goals Arsenal have conceded this season have been down to unforced errors, a higher proportion than any other side.

* West Brom have kept only one clean sheet in their last 24 Premier League away games.

* Arsenal have scored 5+ goals in four Premier League home games in 2012, more than any other side.

Team news

Arsenal

Walcott (Calf), Koscielny (thigh), Santos (muscle), Diaby (thigh) & Fabianski (ankle) are all unavailable, however Podolski (hamstring) has recovered quicker than expected & is in the squad. Sagna (foot) is a major doubt, but will have a fitness test on Friday.

West Brom

Foster (groin) is the only absentee.

Arsenal v West Brom Preview AbDRhDpaio

Arsenal subs - Mannone, Squillaci, Coquelin, Ramsey, Arshavin, Gervinho, Podolski

Manager's views

Arsene Wenger

“It is a very important match. But even when the game is very important, it’s still down to the same basics - defend well, attack well and have faith in our game. No matter how big the game is, you want to focus on that. At home I feel there is a little bit a lack of freedom to play right now. That was always our strength. We are a creative team who wants to go forward. It is important that we have that."

“West Brom have been very efficient going forward and they have good players in every position. You see that when you see them play. Steve Clarke had a good reputation as an assistant coach, and he did that for many years. He made the step up to bigger responsibility. It doesn't mean it’s a higher job, but it’s a difficult job, one where you have to face more responsibilities publicly. Until now he has done well.”

Steve Clarke

"I'm not looking for a response, I'm expecting it because that's what they've done before. We've had two defeats before this season, then we lost two games in the space of four days last week. It is not a disaster in terms of the whole picture and what we are trying to do this season."

"I think Arsenal are a good team, they've got good players and an excellent manager. No team has got a god-given right to win matches. Arsenal have had a tricky run of late. I watched quite a lot of their recent performances because I need to know what they are about. Their performances have been okay but they haven't had the results."

Thumbs up

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v West Brom Preview Empty Re: Arsenal v West Brom Preview

Post by timzink Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:36 pm

what do you think about hulk in the january transfer window ? perhaps a swap deal for arshavin ?
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Would be a huge boost to see Rosicky starting, really adds some fizz to our attack. I'm excited to see how he links up with Cazorla and how they interchange positions.

Its getting to that point where its do or die in regards to every home game, we cannot afford to drop anymore points.

Gonna be extremely tough though especially with WBA at full strength, but I think we can nick it 2-1.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:18 am

great work Sam

It will be a difficult game, especially with Walcott out and Podolski not 100% fit. I don't know if Rosicky will start however he is the best option we have because Gervais is poor and Oxlade isn't doing much to demand a starting place.

I would personally start with Arshavin and Rosicky/Oxlade. Maybe Cazorla on the RW and Rosicky CAM with Jack n Arteta midfield.

Will be interesting to see who starts.

Hoping for a massive response.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:33 am

Great preview as always

with west brom playing narrow and making middle congested we will miss theo badly
we need to stretch the play
our full backs should get protection

so it will depend what kinda game Gervi and Ox will have

Yacob has been one of outstand performers this season but he can make some rash challenges
clever cazorla now fresh should make his mark and can get him in to booking early imo
i can see Long working left of center channel more against less mobile of our center halves hope Merte will do the job with his positioning and reading
huge game can be start of positive run
lets do this Thumbs up
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:35 am

I'm sacrificing 2 hours of prime studying time to watch this game right before I leave for my exam. Better be worth it Clubber
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:55 am

don't think Merte should be playing this game, Long is gonna run circles around him. If Merte does play, i hope we don't play the high line because both Long and odemwinge will roast him with their speed and agility.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:27 am

Great job Sam.

We must take our chances, if Gervinho starts up front and Giroud on the bench Wenger should retire.

I like the line up and we should get the win we really need but WB are a tough team and will come at us and score goals.

No excuses we must win.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:50 am

Nice thread OP.

Well, we are playing a team in poor form. We are at home. Our team is worth more than theirs (in theory).

Not sure what to think anymore. No Theo so Ox will probably play. The Ox has been really poor this season. He's still a kid but he needs to step his game up. Same could be said of almost everyone. Podolski, Wilshere, Arteta, Jenkinson, Cazorla, Ramsey and Giroud have not pulled up any trees lately.

It's ok if one or two have an off day, that can be handled at times but if 7 or 8 of them don't turn up...we'll lose.

The result all depends on which Arsenal turn up. The one that cares or the one thinking about their nice relaxing evening/Sunday ahead.

I think the scales have been tipped now. Arteta's interview has convinced me that the players are angry and have been putting in extra work on the training pitch and asking for more training and video/tactical sessions. This is a good sign.

I'm going for:

Arsenal 3 West Brom 1
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:22 am

this is the most important game from the fans perspetive..
everyone is frustrated and is looking for a RESPONSE... we thought the NLD was the one.. it didnt.. the later matches showed that it was a lucky result against 10 men.. this match will define our season.. the main players were rested for this match.. team had enough rest and time to fix their tactics and make their minds as to what we need to do.. and if we drop points here, it will be harder for Wenger and co to make the fans believe that we will come back...

any team which applies pressure on Cazorla nullifies him.. he is forced out from his position and the result is we have no play centrally in the final third.. so i want us to play Cazorla at the right where he will be less marked.. Rosicky who definitely is quicker with his passing and turns will be a better CAM.. but Wenger will play Cazorla as CAM and Rosicky wide.. exactly opposite.. Smile
and if Podolski doesnt make his fitness on the left.. then who? no to Gervinho for sure.. Ox has been poor..and sadly it will be Ramsey again, this time at left wing.. i want to give Arshavin a start.. or even gamble with some kid like Gnabry...
Giroud should start upfront.. and @Legend, since Kos is injured, we have no other options other than Verm-Mert..
i am slightly worried about Jenko for Sagna.. he is not mentally strong or confident.. he should forget his mistake against Michu and play confidently to put a good show...
i wont be surprised if WBA take a defensive approach and frustrate us.. i hope for a 2-0 win... and more than that i am waiting to watch THE RESPONSE which Wenger and the players promised..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 am

This wouldn't surprise me:

Szczesney

Jenks Merty TV Gibbs

Arteta Wilshere

Gervinho Cazorla Ramsey

Giroud

Wenger has a nasty habit of playing guys out of form. If the above XI starts I think we may lose the game and the fans will go absolutely nuts at the end.

I would like to see a 4-4-1-1: We could try rotating Arshavin and Rosicky in the 'hole'. However, Wenger will not abandon his formation no matter how bad we are playing it. West Brom play a 4-4-2 so why have two deep lying midfield players anyway? West Brom have done well this season, but this is West Brom...not Barca FFS. Surely we can still get decent possession at home with just Arteta and Wilshere in CM? With this we'll also have some width and we'll still have good ball players who can feed each other and Giroud.

Szczesney
Jenks Merty TV Gibbs
Arshavin Arteta Wilshere Cazorla
Rosicky
Giroud
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:18 am

I think West Brom's bubble is bursting and you'll get a rather easy win here.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 am

Great work Sam cheers

We desperately need the win so let's count on that.

If Rosicky starts and either him or Cazorla play on the wing it'll mean there's not a lot of width and the game will be played in the middle of the park. I hope we actually look like the home side this time around :facepalm:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:57 am

Art Morte wrote:I think West Brom's bubble is bursting and you'll get a rather easy win here.
Nah Art, WBA is our bogey team. At least this time round, there's no Almunia to fck things up
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:58 am

Szczesny
Sagna(?) Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Arteta Wilshere
Cazorla Rosicky Arshavin
Giroud

Outscore the opponent :coffee:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinking.. Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:42 am

urbaNRoots wrote:

Arteta Wilshere
Cazorla Rosicky Arshavin
Arsenal v West Brom Preview 14e4cb0f40a0930b99651abfa21039dc

Wouldn't mind it. Isn't too far fetched, as we did play once with Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky and Arshavin against Stoke, albeit due to injuries.
Both Cazorla and Arshavin can cross. Just need them to track back efficiently. But we'll probably see Ramsey/Gerv/Ox.
Thinking..
Thinking..
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:53 am

Legend wrote:don't think Merte should be playing this game, Long is gonna run circles around him. If Merte does play, i hope we don't play the high line because both Long and odemwinge will roast him with their speed and agility.

Nah mertesacker rarely gets beaten, even if the opposition is tricky. Plus with koscielny out, It would be Squillaci next to Vermaelen
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Off to the emirates today and I have never watched Arsenal lose a game a run which stretches for the best part of 13-14 odd years, 15-20 games.

Lets hope my run continues COYG...
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Rumors Sagna and Podolski may both start hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:18 pm

I'd rather see Rosicky instead of Podolski tbh.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Hey hey heyyy ! no matter who will play or !...it's a must win ,that's the point.

btw Great pre.Sam as always of course.

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:13 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Szczesny
Arteta Wilshere
Cazorla Rosicky Arshavin
Giroud

Outscore the opponent :coffee:
Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

Thinking.. wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Arteta Wilshere
Cazorla Rosicky Arshavin
Arsenal v West Brom Preview 14e4cb0f40a0930b99651abfa21039dc

Wouldn't mind it. Isn't too far fetched, as we did play once with Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky and Arshavin against Stoke, albeit due to injuries.
Both Cazorla and Arshavin can cross. Just need them to track back efficiently. But we'll probably see Ramsey/Gerv/Ox.
these days we think more about defense only to spoil our attack.. we are an attacking side and we must do what we know best.. as said, possess, pass and outscore to win games... we used to win more games with a poor defense than this with our attack...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:22 pm

As ever, Thanks for the comments guys.

MUST win today.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:44 pm

julias wrote:Off to the emirates today and I have never watched Arsenal lose a game a run which stretches for the best part of 13-14 odd years, 15-20 games.

Lets hope my run continues COYG...

I am a lot more positive of a win and three points now.

I have said this before. I say this again.

We should all be contributing to buy julias tickets for every home game in every competition. Not kidding one bit.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:58 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Szczesny
Arteta Wilshere
Cazorla Rosicky Arshavin
Giroud