Jay29
RealGunner
Sina
SamuelJayC
Raptorgunner
57 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Adrian or Insigne pls
Although RG became his fan because of 90+ sprint and acceleration The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 123n7r

not Nani/Zaha

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Huntelaar isn't a player I "like," but he's definitely quality and if he can slot into the team without too many hitches it may go a long way toward fixing the gap left by Judas. To be honest I didn't expect the signing to happen, for whatever reason (maybe my aforementioned, basis-free apathy toward KJH) but if more reputable sources are printing this perhaps it's a very distinct possibility.

The question is ... will a dynamic 4-4-2 return? We will see.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:22 pm

I remember the days when Matias Suarez and Yann M'Vila had countless medicals at London Colney and was all packed and ready to join us.

Nuff said... Refering to KJH btw
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:30 pm

El_Gunner wrote:I remember the days when Matias Suarez and Yann M'Vila had countless medicals at London Colney and was all packed and ready to join us.

M'Vila is already an Arsenal player, signed last summer, didn't you follow the ITKs? Thing is, he was loaned back to Rennes for the season and he'll be a boss when he finally comes to London in 7-8 months. Like a new signing.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:43 pm

I would not mind Nani for many reasons.
1. Proper winger
2. Frees up Podolski AND Gervinho
3. Fits into the counter striking style which we have adopted

Podolski/Gervinho----Hunter/Giroud
Nani-------------------------------------------------------Cazorla
------------Wilshere-----------------Arteta

why not? When Nani is in form, he is quite the player. Look at how many times he has ripped up apart.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Nani's good, but he'd be so expensive it doesn't make any sense to me that homegrown Walcott wouldn't just be offered the contract he wants. Nani in for Walcott - marginal improvement for a lot of money - is the kind of transfer business Chelsea might make; not Arsenal. (For better & for worse.)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 pm

lol Nani, thats outta the blue.

Nani would only work on the right side of our lineup cause Bac is probably the only RB who can compensate for Nani's laziness
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Well he partners with Evra at United- not someone you think is defensively astute himself. I think Gibbs and Nani combo could work.
Btw he is said to cost 20 million... not bad given that he has not even hit his prime yet.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:51 pm

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:------------------------szczesny
sagna ----------mert---------verm----------baines
zaha---------wanyama----------Jack------------cazorla
-----------------------hunter-------Podolski

Do it Wenger, go all out. :bow: Thumbs up

Whatcha smokin' brah? I want some of it Proud

Thumbs up drinking
No more day dreaming for me. :brickwall:

Arsene wants to buy Nani?Let's make this happen Wenger.

If Walcott wants to go he can leave Nani can do the job. How much is Nani making a week?

I would pay 12-15m for Nani nothing more. Or a trade Walcott for Nani no cash. hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 pm

I have a feeling Zaha has turned us down and is going to United and we could sign Nani, I hope this is true.

If Walcott leaving and Gervinho gone we need a good winger and I never liked Nani facing us, he would always cus trouble for us and I think under Wenger he could become better player.

Arshavin is gone.
Walcott who knows? I strongly belive he is gone.
Gervinho is gone to African cup and I really don't believe in him.
Oxlade is too young.
Podolski is not a winger.
I really dont want to see Ramsey on the wings anymore.

Nani. cheers
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Chumlum wrote:
El_Gunner wrote:I remember the days when Matias Suarez and Yann M'Vila had countless medicals at London Colney and was all packed and ready to join us.

M'Vila is already an Arsenal player, signed last summer, didn't you follow the ITKs? Thing is, he was loaned back to Rennes for the season and he'll be a boss when he finally comes to London in 7-8 months. Like a new signing.

You fecking with me?.....
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 am

He's being sarcastic.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 am

The purpose of January signings should be to add to the team what we lack and to do it immediately.. So even average players with premier league experience should get the nod over talented foreign league players..
Really happy seeing the news that Diame could be back soon.. He is someone who interests me because of his price and what he can do for us if we sign him..
I wont reject Huntelaar at a low price.. I would like more technical strikers for the long verm.. But knowing our club, something is better than nothing..
I hate Nani badly.. I hate his attitude, selfish play, and he dives and moans too much.. He is more of an individual talent than useful to the team player.. He can create and score goals by himself but as inconsistent as Walcott or Arshavin.. I would trade him for Walcott any day.. But wont spend anything more than 6-8 million for him.. We could get better players than him if we are ready to spend above 10-15 million..
And we dont need a Zaha for anything more than 8 million.. We signed Ox for something 12 million.. He looked spectacular in the initial few matches but has been average after that.. He got so many chances only because he signed for us.. He would have not played a fraction of his minutes in any other big club.. Players like Zaha and their agents should not get carried by the media hype and interest from clubs like Chelsea and City and demand high money.. Neither should we get desperate.. Our club offers the best for them.. so they should understand that and dont milk us.. Not like we are desperate after a 17year old to save us.. So dont sign him for anything more than he is worth just to avoid City or Chelsea getting his hands on him.. Same could be said about Hazard and we made the right choice irrespective of how good he turns out to be...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:21 am

In principle, in an ideal world, I would agree with your POV. But not in this case.

Ox seemed an expensive buy and many questioned the splash. And then there were some stellar performances and Arsene seemed vindicated. But now the investment is questioned again, not just here and not just by Wilson, because he is having a mediocre season. HE IS NOT EVEN 20! Fans seriously need to reconsider where they place their hate.

Ramsey is at the receiving end of a worse hate. He's 22. Nowhere near his peak. And yet he is counted among the experienced heads around.

If Jack wasn't a youth product, people would bring out their torches and pitchforks when he has a bad game as well. One can clearly see a relative soft spot for him.

There is a reason why English talent is expensive - because it is not as abundant as Spanish or German talent today. There is a reason why we need to spend that money on those players despite the seeming lack of logic in the decision.

It is now accepted that English players tend to show more loyalty to the club where they grow up. It was also quoted in the FFT article last week. The number of Cescs, Songs, Pursies, Clichys and Ca$hris is still greater than the number of Ca$hleys - it is known now.

Zaha will not be a messiah for our season. But he represents an investment which must be made. In times when we have not been the most attractive option for young English players (the Manchesters offer greener pastures), in times when loyalty demands a premium, in times when the lack of 'English grit & steel' is evident at Arsenal - it is probably well a necessity.

At the end of the day, Arsene knows much more than what you or I will know by sitting at home at reading media articles and watching youtube video compliations. Half of us were probably still wearing diapers when Arsene's football journey started. So trust the man's decision and get behind the team - we still have more important targets on our radar than possible transfers next month.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:23 am

Not questioning Oxs talent or Wengers judgement.. Never..
But it is a fact that we dont experience problems or issues when signing youth players unlike senior players.. This is because the player is willing to join Arsenal because he knows that at Arsenal he will get more chances to play 1st team football, relatively high wages (for their age) and the chance to develop under Wenger.. So i mean our club offers so much for the youngsters.. So we should be in a better position to bargain with them unlike the case with signing senior players...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:35 am

Wilson37 wrote:Not questioning Oxs talent or Wengers judgement.. Never..
But it is a fact that we dont experience problems or issues when signing youth players unlike senior players.. This is because the player is willing to join Arsenal because he knows that at Arsenal he will get more chances to play 1st team football, relatively high wages (for their age) and the chance to develop under Wenger.. So i mean our club offers so much for the youngsters.. So we should be in a better position to bargain with them unlike the case with signing senior players...

I see what you mean, but we did miss out on some good talents in the recent couple of seasons. Chris Smalling and Phil Jones both went to Yanited, for example.

It is not a given anymore that Arsenal youth set-up is a way to success.
We are already aware of the wage structure problem and are (I think) looking to correct it. At the same time, other clubs are also investing in their youth set-ups - citeh and chavs are strong examples of this.

Afterall, Zaha may be a big smokescreen. Or Arsene may have seen enough to find some potential. But Arsene is not a man to pay more than the justified value and Arsenal aren't a club who fall for inflated valuation by clubs and/or agents.

So if at all we do sign Zaha, and we do splash 10 million quid or more, then I am certain that it will not be an investment devoid of logic. Thats my only point of contention here.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:19 am

Where is Fellaini rumour??? Sad
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 am

So the reason we aren't signing Theo is because he wants 100k but we don't wanna give it to him despite how fantastic he has been this season and him being our leading goal scorer and assister this season.

Yet we are looking into spending 20 million for a transfer for a guy who has barely played this season, and hasn't because he is holding out for 130k.

What.....There is no way this rumor is true. If it is, then I guess nothing in this world makes sense. If we are going to spend that kind of money, do it on a player who will actually greatly improve our team, or be a huge improvement over a player we already have. Not on someone who at the very best will give us slightly better production than theo. Which is the best case scenario. He could come here and not be as effective as theo has been for us.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:So the reason we aren't signing Theo is because he wants 100k but we don't wanna give it to him despite how fantastic he has been this season and him being our leading goal scorer and assister this season.

Yet we are looking into spending 20 million for a transfer for a guy who has barely played this season, and hasn't because he is holding out for 130k.

What.....There is no way this rumor is true. If it is, then I guess nothing in this world makes sense. If we are going to spend that kind of money, do it on a player who will actually greatly improve our team, or be a huge improvement over a player we already have. Not on someone who at the very best will give us slightly better production than theo. Which is the best case scenario. He could come here and not be as effective as theo has been for us.

No way we would pay over 10m for Nani and who said Nani is on 130k a week?

Nani is worth around 65-75k a week.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:13 am

All I want for Christmas is Luis Gustavo and the Hunter. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 am

Sam Allardyce confesses West Ham could be 'powerless' to keeping Arsenal target Mohamed Diame if his release clause is met.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2245221/Mohamed-Diame-leave-West-Ham-says-Sam-Allardyce.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:28 am

I guess this should kill all the rumours Nani coming to Arsenal. :coffee:
Its from Sept 8 2012.
------------------------
Zenit were considered to be “over spending” on the “over rated” Hulk from Porto. However it is said that Nani was asking for ever more money that the Brazilian striker.

“If Hulk had demanded €8 million to €10 million a year, these conditions would have been unacceptable for Zenit,” Mitrofanov said. “The transfer of Nani failed mostly due to this reason, as he asked for an enormous salary and we would not pay him.”

The talks between Zenit and Manchester United over Luis Nani have failed according to our sources as Nani had asked for “unreal” wages.

The officials at Manchester United wanted to sell Nani as he lost his place in the first team with the arrival of Robin van Persie and Shinji Kagawa. However, Zenit’s director general, Maxim Mitrofanov, said that they failed to agree on personal terms with the 25-year old winger.

The collapse of this deal means that Luis Nani will stay in Manchester United and struggle to become a part of the first team. It is being reported that his agent is asking for a wage of £130,000 per-week to keep Nani in Manchester United.

On the other hand, Zenit have also failed to sign Arsenal’s Andrei Arshavin just hours before the transfer window closed on Thursday. Arshavin was reportedly being released by Arsenal before Thursday but that did not happen.

http://mixturesport.com/nanis-contract-expensive-for-zenit/
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:36 am

Gunners fan has tweeted an image of the winger at London Colney on the day of the Manchester derby - what could it mean?

Is this for real?

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 Nani

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-winger-nani-pictured-1484670
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:06 am

Think I might take Nani. Only 26 too. Inconsistent, but maybe needs first-team guarantee, new challenge, some loving.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:07 am

Report: Arsenal have £60m to spend in January. - http://bit.ly/UwVWRi
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 am

A fully motivated Nani is an excellent player. When he's in the mood, he can produce some quality stuff and even tracks back.

On the flip side, he can be a difficult player to motivate and he's inconsistent, but who knows, maybe the different motivating style of Wenger will help him.

Still think it's a very unlikely transfer, though.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next