Cruijf
arabprince
Giancarlo
dostoevsky
Brigate Rossonere
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Best RB in [strike]Italy[/strike] the World Gets a Payrise Empty The Best RB in [strike]Italy[/strike] the World Gets a Payrise

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:32 pm

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2011/07/02/abate-gets-a-pay-rise-from-milan/

IGNAZIO ABATE’S wages have been increased.

The Italian played an excellent season under Coach Massimiliano Allegri in the right-back role, becoming one of the best players in Milan and perhaps the best fullback in Italy, even if the Italy call never arrived.

Abate won the Scudetto but also earned a pay rise as according to Milannews.it, Milan have decided to increase his wages to encourage him to do well in the future as he will be making €1.9m per season now.

Ignazio, who turns 25 next November, used to earn €1.2 million annually and despite the pay rise he still earns very little compared to other key players in the squad like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alexandre Pato.

Many people were shocked when Italy coach Cesare Prandelli snubbed Abate from Italy squad and along with Christian Abbiati, he is not part of the project of the former Fiorentina Boss, at least not at the moment.

Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

The Best RB in [strike]Italy[/strike] the World Gets a Payrise Empty Re: The Best RB in [strike]Italy[/strike] the World Gets a Payrise

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:38 pm

:coffee:

Wage increases are always an issue, however it's good to see that he's happy with what is still a relatively modest wage and that he has been rewarded for his season's work.

Expect Manchester City to come around offering 400k/week soon in response :coffee:

Last edited by dostoevsky on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The Best RB in [strike]Italy[/strike] the World Gets a Payrise Empty Re: The Best RB in [strike]Italy[/strike] the World Gets a Payrise

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:53 pm

Damnn the title was meant to look like:

The Best RB in Italy the World Gets a Payrise

Anyways, I am happy that Milan are spending their money wisely as keeping him on 1.2 would unsettle him IMO.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:15 pm

A substantially, significantly better RB than any Italian RB out there, putting both Maggio and Cassani to shame. It seems like a wise decision. And Prandelli can't even figure out what formation to play...
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:19 pm

This is great news. Glad to see we are rewarding hard work Smile
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Good news. This is a step in the right direction IMO.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:29 pm

It's a crime that Abate has not been called up yet
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Agreed
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Maggio is a very good player, and probably deserves to be starting at RB, but to not even have Abate apart of the team is just something I don't agree with. Maggio will be 30 by the Euro, and still in top shape and condition. Abate (25 at the Euro) can be his first choice back up, and eventually take his place for the world cup. Maggio would be 32 by the next world cup, and I don't know where he will be in terms of Fitness then. Abate will 27, and in his footballing prime. Abate and Criscito/De Ceglie (depending on who develops better) can be the new Zmabrotta/Grosso full backs for us!
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:37 pm

In before Sciacca
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:48 pm

He pretty shit, he can't cross or score, so according to certain users, that makes him awful!

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:41 am

His crossing actually did improve significantly throughout the season. It seemed to get better and better each game. Certain users don't know their head from the ground.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:25 am

milanista99 wrote:In before Sciacca

Very Happy

elmickio wrote:He pretty shit, he can't cross or score, so according to certain users, that makes him awful!

No, no, you don't get it. It's all in the stats. Maggio (who played as a winger all season) has a higher assist count so that makes him better than Abate (a RB all season).
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:11 am

elmickio wrote:He pretty shit, he can't cross or score, so according to certain users, that makes him awful!

No, no, you don't get it. It's all in the stats. Maggio (who played as a winger all season) has a higher assist count so that makes him better than Abate (a RB all season).[/quote]

That also means Maicon (who got destroyed by Bale)>>>>>>>>>Abate (who owned Bale) The Best RB in [strike]Italy[/strike] the World Gets a Payrise 2859867778
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 pm

milanista99 wrote:

No, no, you don't get it. It's all in the stats. Maggio (who played as a winger all season) has a higher assist count so that makes him better than Abate (a RB all season).

That also means Maicon (who got destroyed by Bale)>>>>>>>>>Abate (who owned Bale) The Best RB in [strike]Italy[/strike] the World Gets a Payrise 2859867778[/quote]

Yes, yes it does :coffee:
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:45 pm

In all honesty i'm very glad for Abate, i really do hope he continues his progress and plays witht he same confidence that he had last season.

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Anytime a Milan youth product makes it to the first team and does well it's a victory for the organization as a whole
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:14 pm

You know, apart of me says I should start something, but another part of me says I will be looked as a troll once again. Milanisti what should I do? Should I begin, or forget about it.

By the MTD, it was a crime when Cassano wasn't getting a call up. Abate is a complete diverse situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:16 pm

No. This is a crime that he's not getting called up, and Prandelli is suffering from a mental disconnect.

I'm sorry but he's way better than Maggio who didn't even play as a RB.

This is a thread about the best RB in Italy getting a pay raise. Simple as that.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:30 pm

Giancarlo wrote:No. This is a crime that he's not getting called up, and Prandelli is suffering from a mental disconnect.

I'm sorry but he's way better than Maggio who didn't even play as a RB.

This is a thread about the best RB in Italy getting a pay raise. Simple as that.

Well for those who kept denying my statements about Abate, here you go I guess.

As a fact, you can not be considered the best RB in Italy, if you are not called up. Nevertheless he does deserve a call up. Say it as you wish, but he's not the best RB, and that is simple as that. One good season does not cut he's one of the best. This can go on and on, however Abate has some weaknesses. One of them being pushing forward, not with speed, but with the ball. He lacks at keeping the ball and usually loses it, in addition he just can't simply supply as well. Were talking about a fullback who has played 1 good season and yet only has one assist? In which of course was meant for be a shot, completely off target. Then you look at the likes of Oddo who only had 5 apps, and yet managed to get more assists? If your not able to supply, then your not the best, and when your not the best, you are not on the national team.

Your denial of Maggio is pretty dull, Maggio is a player who isn't known a lot and obviously being underrated by some of you here including Giancarlo and overrating Abate of course... Maggio is like Zambrotta who can do both the RB role or the RW role. Zambrotta the exact same way back in his prime. He was all over the flanks. Your conclusions of claiming Maggio isn't the best is funny. If look at the Slovenia game he was man of the match for example and for a reason. We don't even have to talk about stats because Maggio already is much better at pushing forward, and defending is almost equal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:43 pm

sciacca wrote:
As a fact, you can not be considered the best RB in Italy, if you are not called up. Nevertheless he does deserve a call up. Say it as you wish, but he's not the best RB, and that is simple as that. One good season does not cut he's one of the best. This can go on and on, however Abate has some weaknesses. One of them being pushing forward, not with speed, but with the ball. He lacks at keeping the ball and usually loses it, in addition he just can't simply supply as well. Were talking about a fullback who has played 1 good season and yet only has one assist? In which of course was meant for be a shot, completely off target. Then you look at the likes of Oddo who only had 5 apps, and yet managed to get more assists? If your not able to supply, then your not the best, and when your not the best, you are not on the national team.

Your denial of Maggio is pretty dull, Maggio is a player who isn't known a lot and obviously being underrated by some of you here including Giancarlo and overrating Abate of course... Maggio is like Zambrotta who can do both the RB role or the RW role. Zambrotta the exact same way back in his prime. He was all over the flanks. Your conclusions of claiming Maggio isn't the best is funny. If look at the Slovenia game he was man of the match for example and for a reason. We don't even have to talk about stats because Maggio already is much better at pushing forward, and defending is almost equal.

Here we go with the lies and misconceptions once again... he is the best RB in Italy. It's not his fault that Prandelli has a mental issue and cannot recognize talent, and rather centers his team around mediocrity. Abate has very few weaknesses, and even the one he was weak in... say crossing... he's improved quite well in. But then again for someone like you it's all about assists... *yawn* Heard that terrible argument before... it's weak... at best. Abate is the best... simply put... in Italy. The Italian National Team is a pile of rubbish right now... and it's represented by rubbish. Balzaretti and Cassani are both very mediocre players.

Abate pushes foward to very good effect, and has contributed to build-up play in attacks. And he's also very good at keeping the ball because of his sheer physical frame and drive. All your reasons are either erroneous or downright completely FALSE at best.

Maggio has been nothing special in seasons past. He's nothing like what Zambrotta used to be. Maggio isn't that great of a player. He doesn't even play as a right back. Oh yes, the Slovenia game... yeah, Slovenia is such a powerhouse aren't they? Maggio isn't that great defensively, and Abate is still the better player.

But hey, I guess Italian national teams are fine with mediocrity... I guess that's how low standards have fallen. Italy really isn't what it used to be, and by not calling up Abate, Prandelli has a screw loose. Comparing Maggio to in-form, younger Zambrotta is a crime in every respect. Not even I would make such a ridiculous comparison.

I think you really need to troll somewhere else. Sleep Sleep Sleep

Last edited by Giancarlo on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:46 pm

abate isnt that good at going forward imo,most of his game is built around speed.He needs to learn how to cross,dribble and pass
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:47 pm

I think he does very well in those fields. Certainly better than the way sciacca is trying to bring him down and insult him... saying he's nothing more than an average player.

But then again all players that get called up to the national team are world class aren't they lmao? I think I'm going to laugh at that one.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:49 pm

Giancarlo wrote:I think he does very well in those fields. Certainly better than the way sciacca is trying to bring him down and insult him... saying he's nothing more than an average player.

But then again all players that get called up to the national team are world class aren't they lmao? I think I'm going to laugh at that one.

Woh what? When have I ever insulted Abate lol? By the way Abate is among the best RB's in Italy. I've never denied that. He's in the top 5 for sure as I always mentioned in the past. And he deserves a call up like I said before. The whole point is, he's not the best.

Ganso wrote:abate isnt that good at going forward imo,most of his game is built around speed.He needs to learn how to cross,dribble and pass

So even when Ganso says he can't push forward and well Giancarlo says I'm lying... I see... :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:57 pm

sciacca wrote:
Woh what? When have I ever insulted Abate lol? By the way Abate is among the best RB's in Italy. I've never denied that. He's in the top 5 for sure as I always mentioned in the past. And he deserves a call up like I said before. The whole point is, he's not the best.

You are perfectly fine with the Italian National Team being mediocre. THat's why you are trying to bring down Abate. He is the best, and he plays for the best team in Italy. Do I need to say anything more about this? You want to degrade his talent because of the team he plays for. I get it.

So even when Ganso says he can't push forward and well Giancarlo says I'm lying... I see... :coffee:

I simply disagree with him.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next