Raul Meireles banned for 11 games.

4 posters

Go down

Raul Meireles banned for 11 games. Empty Raul Meireles banned for 11 games.

Post by Nishankly Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:06 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2012/12/20/3617933/meireles-incurs-11-match-ban-for-spitting-at-referee?source=breakingnews

Got a second yellow and then allegedly spat on the referee's face.
Shocked

Different article -
Raul Meireles hit back at claims that he spat at referee Halis Özkahya and called him gay after being shown the red card in the Intercontinental derby against Galatasaray last weekend.

The Portugese international is facing an extended ban however, denies all accusations made by the referee.

Meireles said, "I'm really annoyed at being accused of spitting at the referee. I have an eight year old kid, can you imagine if kids at school start saying your father spat at a ref, this could ruin my reputation in the eyes of my child.

"I have many gay friends who I deeply respects. The hand gesture I made is directed at the referee caving in to the pressure of the home fans.

"That hand gesture was to tell him he was scared. Look at my hairstyle, what I wear, I'm not a prejudice person, my hand gesture was in no way, shape or form a homophobic one.

"I don't know what the hand gesture for calling somebody gay is in Turkey but what I did was entirely based around the referee being a coward and bowing to the pressure.

"The referee's accusations are outrageous and are defamation, I will be taking legal action against him to prove my innocence."

Meireles was sent off for a second yellow card in Fenerbahçe's 2-1 defeat against rivals Galatasaray.

Fenerbahçe completed the signing of Chelsea midfielder Raul Meireles for €10 million on a four-year contract this summer. Meireles has two goals and an assist to his name in 18 appearances for the Yellow Canaries this season.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Raul Meireles banned for 11 games. Empty Re: Raul Meireles banned for 11 games.

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Poor man's Totti and Diouf :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:29 pm

What reputation? scratch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:07 am

Lex wrote:What reputation? scratch

This. :coffee: Already had a bad reputation at Liverpool then when he got transferred to Chelsea, it got worse. Then this. :coffee: Feel sorry for the kid.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down