VivaStPauli
Die Borussen
Pedram
StevieRayVaughan
Madvillain
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Copycat Mourinho "did not understand football" Empty Copycat Mourinho "did not understand football"

Post by Madvillain Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:22 am

Translated from Dutch:

Van der Lem: "Mourinho did not understand football"

21/12/2012 20:22

Although Jose Mourinho is regarded worldwide as one of the best coaches, if not the best, Gerard van der Lem (60) has his reservations. The Dutchman worked between 1997 and 1999 as assistant to Louis van Gaal closely with Jose Mourinho.

"Initially, Louis did not know what to do with Mourinho," recounts the Dutchman in the Christmas issue of Voetbal International, about the Portuguese who before his coaching career was interpreter.

"Jose was intelligent, he spoke perfect English, Spanish and Portuguese," continues Van der Lem. "You understood that he had studied at the university. But he had no understanding of football. Also, he did not know how to build up a training. We could not leave him."

Van der Lem: "He followed us closely. Everything we did, he noted diligently. He kept a diary. Henk ten Cate called me in 2007 surprised when he was an assistant at Chelsea: Gerard, I do not know what I see, he said. That Portuguese has copied your method in detail. That Mourinho has done a fantastic job. He has all the information absorbed and translated into its own method. If all you have is a smooth talk, you will not make it to the top. Footballers look through that sort of thing."

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/233194/Van-der-Lem-Mourinho-had-geen-verstand-van-voetbal.htm
Too lazy to translate the whole thing myself, but looked for big mistakes in the translation and fixed those.

I always knew Mourinho had pretty much learned the trait from Van Gaal, but it's interesting to see that Van Gaal's methods for training etc. were (and probably are) still visible in Mourinho's work. A little insight into Mourinho as a padawan.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Copycat Mourinho "did not understand football" Empty Re: Copycat Mourinho "did not understand football"

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:36 am

Van der Lem never made it big as a manager, so glad to see him trying to get some attention. Go back to coaching Saudi Arabia or Qatar or what ever you used to do.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Copycat Mourinho "did not understand football" Empty Re: Copycat Mourinho "did not understand football"

Post by Pedram Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:26 am

Who's Van der Lem ? lol

Barca fans desperately trying to belittle Mourinho. Laughing i understand you hate him but you have to deal with his success.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:52 am

Where do I exactly belittle Mourinho? You are pathetically searching for things that aren't there. Get Mourinho's dick out of your ass and open your eyes. The article starts off very positive about Mourinho and ends like that as well. The middle only provides insight into how he got there. My two sentences at the end are not belittling either. You are apparently so set on hating everything Barça yourself that you cannot even see clearly what my post is about solely due to the Barça crest under my name. Again, pathetic. For the record, I do not like Mourinho, but I have a lot of respect for his achievements. This is just a little insight into Mounrinho's history and how it has influenced him to become to coach he is now.

Van der Lem and Van Gaal are apparently the ones who taught Mourinho everything he knows about football, it made him the coach he is today.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:39 am

another dutchman referring to mou hmm
its like everyone takes advantage of the situation to put him down.

so mou is like pep, he took something and perfected it Very Happy
expressing it in his own way leading teams after teams to success
which is what lured van der lem in to publishing these statements in the first place, he just wants some part of the glory to be justified as his.

anyway mou is young, started off later from these guys, he had to start from somewhere, everyone has to be teached by someone and apparently these two teached mourinho, thats not bad unless they are jealous of his success..
this is when the student becomes better than the teacher Proud

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Read the damn post before hating, FFS.
It's outright positive, the attention-grabbing thread title asside, van der Lem is obviously impressed by how fast Mou learned, and he even says that he integrated the info into "his own method", so they aren't even calling him a copycat anymore in the end. They just say that he learned basically everything from van Gaal, which isn't a shame when you're a couple decades younger, and then adapted it, he "translated" it, he didn't just copy it, that's a pretty stern endorsement of Mous methods.

So stop crying FFS.
It's also an interesting read.

Too bad Mou got almost as crazy as van Gaal in the process Razz
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Madvillain wrote:
Van der Lem and Van Gaal are apparently the ones who taught Mourinho everything he knows about football, it made him the coach he is today.
Did mou say this? lol

''they taught him everything he know about football '' rofl
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Well they probably taught him everything they knew about football, but recent events suggests, he knows a bit more by now... :p
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:52 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Read the damn post before hating, FFS.
It's outright positive, the attention-grabbing thread title asside, van der Lem is obviously impressed by how fast Mou learned, and he even says that he integrated the info into "his own method", so they aren't even calling him a copycat anymore in the end. They just say that he learned basically everything from van Gaal, which isn't a shame when you're a couple decades younger, and then adapted it, he "translated" it, he didn't just copy it, that's a pretty stern endorsement of Mous methods.

So stop crying FFS.
It's also an interesting read.

Too bad Mou got almost as crazy as van Gaal in the process Razz

Thank you, finally someone who's vision isn't blocked by RM glasses.

@Adit: Stop twisting my words.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:11 pm

i disagree viva
i perceive this statement as beneficial for the declarer and negative for the referent person
cause at the end of the day van der lem & van gaal earn more recognition by saying that they teached the probably current best coach in the world
whereas by saying 'mou had no understanding of football' i can only see it as a disclaimer to his originality as a coach. even if its the truth, publishing it seems invective to me.
of course he prised him too otherwise they would sound arrogant and stupid considering mou's achievements till now.
and lol at his first sentence mentioning the 3 languages mou was speaking to point out his intelligence. worths a lot... not.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:25 pm

You still don't get it, do you? This is not about Van der Lem. VI approached Van der Lem to tell them about Mourinho. About the person Mourinho is and about his methods. That is what this piece is about (and there is a far more extensive article regarding this available in the VI magazine). Van der Lem is someone who has worked closely with the guy and who is also Dutch (which makes communicating with one another obviously easier). Why would you assume that someone would go to a paper/news site/whatever to brag about this? That's not what happens most of the time and there was no reason to believe it is the case here. Goddamn negative bullshit and baseless assumptions.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:43 pm

Selective reading from the good old GL mehdrid contingent, it was a pretty good article and interesting read.

But as per usual the mehdrid plastics who have posted in this thread, have to ruin a perfectly good thread due to it having some involvement with the club they glory support.

Am sure I love Mourinho more than any of them and I sure don't get all defensive when an article like this is posted in a thread, they don't even read the damn article. Classic GL mehdrid failistas, bravo for runining a perfectly fine thread yet again.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Pedram wrote:Who's Van der Lem ? lol

Barca fans desperately trying to belittle Mourinho. Laughing i understand you hate him but you have to deal with his success.

Why Do you have Madrid ultras in you sig?
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:55 pm

Hes one of those mehdrid "ultras" like adit who speak more English than Spanish rofl
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Abramovich wrote:Selective reading from the good old GL mehdrid contingent, it was a pretty good article and interesting read.

But as per usual the mehdrid plastics who have posted in this thread, have to ruin a perfectly good thread due to it having some involvement with the club they glory support.

Am sure I love Mourinho more than any of them and I sure don't get all defensive when an article like this is posted in a thread, they don't even read the damn article. Classic GL mehdrid failistas, bravo for runining a perfectly fine thread yet again.

+1 and one of the best posters in GL!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Abramovich wrote:Hes one of those mehdrid "ultras" like adit who speak more English than Spanish rofl

Hahaha Pedram a Mehdrid ultra, I don't know how he does it from the middle east must fly to every game hmm
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:01 pm

white_star wrote:

Erm, it's my signature, isn't it ? you don't tell me what i should put there.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:04 pm

So now you can't have a sig without being labeled as a glory hunter rofl

Why don't you and Abramovich marry each other and preach your gloryhunting crap to the world Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:06 pm

LeDNA wrote:
Why don't you and Abramovich marry each other and preach your gloryhunting crap to the world Laughing

Would make a great couple. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Pedram wrote:
white_star wrote:

No you can't WTF is wrong with you people. The glory supporting I am going to have to deal with but now this? Do you actually think you are part of them because if you do then i am done with this forum. This shit is dumber then the end of the world BS yesterday!!!

Anyways on topic but that had to be addressees. Mou had to learn from somewhere just like everyone else does.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:10 pm

white_star wrote:
Pedram wrote:
white_star wrote:

No you can't WTF is wrong with you people. The glory supporting I am going to have to deal with but now this? Do you actually think you are part of them because if you do then i am done with this forum. This shit is dumber then the end of the world BS yesterday!!!

Anyways on topic but that had to be addressees. Mou had to learn from somewhere just like everyone else does.
HALA MADRID

#ULTRASUR4LIFE
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:10 pm

You see, another mehdrid fan with selective reading.

My views on glory hunting aint the same as whitestars and I barely know him, but in the end its all mission completed for GL mehdrid fans and mods wont do anything about it.

OMGZ THREAD ABOUT MOU POSTED BY A BARCA FAN, WITH A HEADLINE I DONT LIKE! MUST DERAIL THREAD AND NOT READ THE ACTUAL ARTICLE.

Repeat and rinse as per

Bravo.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:15 pm

barca fan creates a thread mentioning mou as a copycat, disclaiming his originality with a thread on a dutchman's statement to mou's no understanding of football in his early years and his transcription of his method, all that when madrid is trailing in the league and mou is being attacked from everywhere.

sorry for failing to see that as a good thing. sorry for ruining this perfectly fine thread with that perfectly fine title from a perfectly fine rival

and i for one dont believe any of these statements, at least not the way he is describing them to be. flawed considering the participant in it hasnt made his notification and all i hear is that fraud's henk ten kate's counsel, that joke of manager.

magnified theory of a dutchman gtfo

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:16 pm

I like it when people get so worked up in a goddamn forum. :brickwall:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Pedram wrote:I like it when people get so worked up in a goddamn forum. :brickwall:

I like it when people pretend to be something they are not smoking
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next