Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

2013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I

Post by barca 2011 Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:49 pm

RedOranje wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:
Any word on the fire?

Chicago Fire released brought out new home and away kits last season, and all MLS teams are on a 2-year cycle so the Fire won't be getting new versions of either of those this year. There is talk of a potential third kit to be designed/voted on by the fans, but the club want some type of fan-investment before actually ordering the kits, like a deposit even before they even go ahead with the production.
I see. And is that 2-year cycle beneficial to MLS or what's actually the reason behind it? I'm guessing it's directly related to their sponsorship deals?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:58 pm

RedOranje wrote:Regarding Adidas: I have kits from 07/08 that are still holding up better than the 10/11 away I got.

When I refer to a drop in quality I'm talking more about resilience than fit.

I bought all 07-08 jerseys by Adidas (even that beautiful orange Reina one). Absolutely brilliant. Probably my favorite season kit wise thus far.

The red and black ones were majestic and the white one was top notch as well.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Regarding Adidas: I have kits from 07/08 that are still holding up better than the 10/11 away I got.

I bought all 07-08 jerseys by Adidas (even that beautiful orange Reina one). Absolutely brilliant. Probably my favorite season kit wise thus far.

I didn't particularly like the white one and it's annoying to wear due to all of the seams. The black Euro/third kit is one of my all time favourites though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:07 am

RedOranje wrote:Chicago's away is, IMO, brilliant. The home is a bit disappointing in that it's left behind the traditional white for the blue (though I do think the sits better). I'd honestly recommend waiting and seeing how the third develops though. Section 8 are really pushing for a Chicago flag style kit which, if done well, could be the best of the lot in both look and lore.

2013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I - Page 3 Caballero
Wow I hadn't seen this. A Chicago flag-themed kit could honestly be the coolest kit the city of Chicago might ever don, for any sport. :bow:
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:05 am

RedOranje wrote:Chicago's away is, IMO, brilliant. The home is a bit disappointing in that it's left behind the traditional white for the blue (though I do think the sits better). I'd honestly recommend waiting and seeing how the third develops though. Section 8 are really pushing for a Chicago flag style kit which, if done well, could be the best of the lot in both look and lore.

Just bought it. My first Fire jersey in a few years actually.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:13 am

RedOranje wrote:

I didn't particularly like the white one and it's annoying to wear due to all of the seams. The black Euro/third kit is one of my all time favourites though.

Agreed, one of my favs as well. :bow:
2013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I - Page 3 20130124140042-a365ea2d-me
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:54 am

RedOranje wrote:

You wear GK kits with Reina on the back? Laughing Is this socially acceptable in Denmark?
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:05 am

7amood11 wrote:Possible Juventus kits for next season:

2013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I - Page 3 1st20132013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I - Page 3 2nd2013

The away shirt :bow:

I like the away kit.Very original and classy.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:36 am

worms wrote:
RedOranje wrote:

You wear GK kits with Reina on the back? Laughing Is this socially acceptable in Denmark?

I collect football kits Thumbs up That orange GK jerseys was stupendous. I also have many Iker kits. And I don't live in Denmark.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:36 am

McLewis wrote:

It's a bit unrelated but I feel that this kit may even rival the Bulls' St. Patrick's Day green kit. I ask, would any Fire fans fancy seeing the men in red rock a green kit around st patty's day the way the Bulls do? I think it'd be cool given Chicago's massive Irish influence.

Just bought it. My first Fire jersey in a few years actually.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:38 pm

This is my favorite Liverpool kit,I still have this one too:

2013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I - Page 3 2972894969_5806b6f271

I also have this top which is nice :

2013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I - Page 3 Liverpool-away-shirt-2009-10

And one of our most classic and original kits of recent years is this:

2013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I - Page 3 Liverpool-adidas-08-09-liverpool-away

2013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I - Page 3 (8)kit2008

At first I thought it was quite ugly but it grew on me.

I seen someone the other day wearing the shirt in the gym and I got some nice flashbacks of raping the scum 4 - 1 Thumbs up That's what I always think of when I see that kit,it reminds me of the best team we had in the last 20 years.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:00 pm

This was always my favorite third jersey for Liverpool:
2013/14 Kit Thread Mk. I - Page 3 Liverpool3rd-jersey-420x554
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:13 pm

I don't really like the Warrior kits tbh,I also don't like the new Liverpool badge.I miss the old one.Also Carlsberg looks better as a sponsor than Standard Charted.Carlsberg have a better looking logo which takes up less space.

Adidas have always made classy football shirts,Warrior don't have any experience making football shirts.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:57 pm

worms wrote:I don't really like the Warrior kits tbh,I also don't like the new Liverpool badge.I miss the old one.Also Carlsberg looks better as a sponsor than Standard Charted.Carlsberg have a better looking logo which takes up less space.

Adidas have always made classy football shirts,Warrior don't have any experience making football shirts.

Impressive... that's basically every clichƩ I've heard brought out against LFC's kits in recent years.

The badge isn't new, it's old. The club opted to bring back an older, simpler version.

Standard Chartered and Warrior both come down to the money offered, and how far behind the rest of the footballing world we were on the financial side of things. We went from having sponsorships that were probably around the second tier in England (and dropping, in Adidas's case) to deal that quite literally rival the best in the world. And look at the post above yours for the claim that Adidas ALWAYS made "classy" or good kits.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:36 pm

I love the new badge. It's a far simpler and cleaner look that the crest. I still think there's a place for the crest as the clubs symbol, but it's too much for the shirt, IMO.

As for the new kits themselves, how many of you that dislike the kit have actually closely inspected one in person? (It's a real question, not criticism. I'm curious.) It's certainly a conceptual divergence from recent kits. Adidas had been trending towards more compression, more shine/plastic, more embellishments and frills (more white/gold piping), etc. Essentially, Adidas had gone for more and more "flash", which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Warrior has taken the opposite approach and actually reduced the kits to a far more traditional and simpler look. They've changed the fabric to a softer, more cloth-like material, removed any piping/frills, pared down the color palette to the dominant red with yellow accents, reintroduced the polo collar, and relaxed the fit. I'm actually quite fond of the look.

The kits themselves, while different than adidas, are not necessarily lower quality. They are lighter (something Adidas usually prides itself on), but the stitching is still reinforced and sturdy. The fabric, while soft to the touch on the exterior, is actually honey-combed on the back side, presumably for moisture-wicking and strength. There's even strategic venting much akin to those stupid holes that Nike has punched into its most recent designs.

While personal preference inherently comes down to the individual, we should be wary of equating the flash of Adidas with quality. Simplicity, in this case ,was a conscious choice.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:22 am

By the way, here's a site for anyone interested in past English/Scottish club kits.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:39 am

RedOranje wrote:
worms wrote:I don't really like the Warrior kits tbh,I also don't like the new Liverpool badge.I miss the old one.Also Carlsberg looks better as a sponsor than Standard Charted.Carlsberg have a better looking logo which takes up less space.

Impressive... that's basically every clichƩ I've heard brought out against LFC's kits in recent years.

The badge isn't new, it's old. The club opted to bring back an older, simpler version.

Standard Chartered and Warrior both come down to the money offered, and how far behind the rest of the footballing world we were on the financial side of things. We went from having sponsorships that were probably around the second tier in England (and dropping, in Adidas's case) to deal that quite literally rival the best in the world. And look at the post above yours for the claim that Adidas ALWAYS made "classy" or good kits.

Not cliches,just my opinion.Adidas is a much better brand than Warrior and have a lot of experience making classy football kits,unlike Warrior.And I liked the last badge we had better than the current one.Also I think Carlsberg looked better than Standard Charted.I don't care about how much money we are getting paid,it's not my money so I don't care,I care how our kits look though.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:47 am

Right, because money isn't at all important to a club attempting to finance the expansion of its stadium and climb back into the CL. Of course your opinion on the subject is all that the club should be concerned with. Rolling Eyes
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:02 am

I didn't say my opinion on the subject is all the club should be concerned with did I?
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:05 am

RedOranje wrote:Right, because money isn't at all important to a club attempting to finance the expansion of its stadium and climb back into the CL. Of course your opinion on the subject is all that the club should be concerned with. Rolling Eyes

God no, Suarez would be subjected to slave wages until he's sold in the summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 am

donttreadonred wrote:I love the new badge. It's a far simpler and cleaner look that the crest. I still think there's a place for the crest as the clubs symbol, but it's too much for the shirt, IMO.

As for the new kits themselves, how many of you that dislike the kit have actually closely inspected one in person? (It's a real question, not criticism. I'm curious.) It's certainly a conceptual divergence from recent kits. Adidas had been trending towards more compression, more shine/plastic, more embellishments and frills (more white/gold piping), etc. Essentially, Adidas had gone for more and more "flash", which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Warrior has taken the opposite approach and actually reduced the kits to a far more traditional and simpler look. They've changed the fabric to a softer, more cloth-like material, removed any piping/frills, pared down the color palette to the dominant red with yellow accents, reintroduced the polo collar, and relaxed the fit. I'm actually quite fond of the look.

The kits themselves, while different than adidas, are not necessarily lower quality. They are lighter (something Adidas usually prides itself on), but the stitching is still reinforced and sturdy. The fabric, while soft to the touch on the exterior, is actually honey-combed on the back side, presumably for moisture-wicking and strength. There's even strategic venting much akin to those stupid holes that Nike has punched into its most recent designs.

While personal preference inherently comes down to the individual, we should be wary of equating the flash of Adidas with quality. Simplicity, in this case ,was a conscious choice.

Have you actually sat down and studied Liverpool's kits? Laughing
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:12 am

donttreadonred wrote:I love the new badge. It's a far simpler and cleaner look that the crest. I still think there's a place for the crest as the clubs symbol, but it's too much for the shirt, IMO.

I totally agree. I love the cloth design on the new liverpool kits. I really hate the look of the form fitting shiny, plasticy look of a lot of new Nike Kits. It just seems to me like players just never quite look right in them. Its like they were designed to be worn by manikin or something.. They aren't flexible and don't quite look right on people with varying body types.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:18 pm

worms wrote:

Have you actually sat down and studied Liverpool's kits? Laughing

No, but I can hold the two in front of my face and tell the difference...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:35 pm

The worst thing about Warrior is their slogan "We come NOT to play" Laughing

Sure I understand the meaning, but it's worded very poorly. Some people with lesser IQs have already questioned it Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Lyon has the best jersies almost every season.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next