Ligue 1 situation: The closest league by far

+3
REWB
McAgger
OLpower
7 posters

Go down

Ligue 1 situation:  The closest league by far Empty Ligue 1 situation: The closest league by far

Post by OLpower Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:03 pm

In Liga, Barcelona is already champion. In Bundesliga , Bayern is already champion. In Serie A, Juventus is already champion. In Premier league, the two Manchester clubs will fight together for the title.

In Ligue 1, there are at the winter break, 3 clubs tied for the first place with the same number of points.

Paris, Lyon and Marseille have all 38 points and will fplay for the title deep in the season. That's a very uncommon situation.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Ligue 1 situation:  The closest league by far Empty Re: Ligue 1 situation: The closest league by far

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:08 pm

In the last 5 seasons LIgue 1 has had 5 different champions

07/08 - Lyon
08/09 - Bordeaux
09/10 - Marseille
10/11 - Lille
11/12 - Montpellier

I hope PSG win it this year so that amazing stat continues
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Ligue 1 situation:  The closest league by far Empty Re: Ligue 1 situation: The closest league by far

Post by REWB Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:11 pm

tbh chelase could easily still win the epl if they put a run together. man city and man utd drop points quite regularly for title challengers.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:57 pm

Ligue 1 situation:  The closest league by far 6883ee0b2c4c6502f6a79bb8413543ed
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:11 am

I remember when Lyon won the the title like every year. Ligue 1 has certainly become more competitive

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:01 pm

peerIess wrote:Ligue 1 situation:  The closest league by far 6883ee0b2c4c6502f6a79bb8413543ed

Vitesse are 5th now? They were 1st, like 2 or 3 weeks ago smfh
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:05 pm

I honestly don't think the title is going to be played too deep down the season if PSG are healthy. Silva and Ibra joined late, which led to 4 straight draws to start the season. Lavezzi was injured until end of November. Motta got back about 2 weeks after Veratti's form dropped. Since the team has been finally healthy, they have started to torch. Started with Porto where Motta started for the first time this year and through now... Lyon and Marseille overachieved based on expectations to get to their record. PSG has underachieved. That's the big difference.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:20 pm

PSG hasn't impressed me so far this season. They have actually less point than last year. They started to look better recently, but their adversaries were only small teams.

I don't forget they barely beat us 1-0 at home with their full team when we were missing important players (Grenier, Gourcuff, Lacazette, Dabo) and had players just coming back from injuries (Lisandro). Had Lisandro not hit the post, the story would have been different.

I feel like Marseille overachieved due to their great start of the season and their razor thins victories but we are the best team at home, the team that plays the most entertaining and collective football so far.

I strongly believe we can get Paris like Montpellier did last year.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Come on... it wasn't a "barely beat Lyon 1-0". It was a "Lyon was lucky it wasn't 3-0". PSG completely dominated that game as Lyon never even had a dangerous chance as i can recall. On the other hand, PSG had plenty of opportunities to open it up and wasn't efficient.

I'm a OM fan and a I hope that management actually spends a little and gets OM to have even a little depth. But truth be said, Andre Ayew is leaving to play for Ghana and i think that kills it right there for us. They should keep Remy and have him play next to Gignac with Ayew gone... i don't trust Jordan Ayew. But knowing OM management, they'll sell Remy and buy a couple of scrubs.

Anyhow, i just don't see Ligue 1 staying close unless PSG gets injury problems in areas where they lack proper depth.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:43 pm

We did not have an opportunity? What? Did you see the match? Lisandro hit the post and Sirigu was totally beaten. You forget that we dominated the game in the first half, even without our best team. The goal on the counter killed our legs in the IT of the first half.

At Gerland I am confident we will beat them if we can have our full team.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down