Nishankly
donttreadonred
fatman123
Arquitecto
Red Alert
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

#1 signing of the winter transfer window - Daniel Sturridge - Page 2 Empty Re: #1 signing of the winter transfer window - Daniel Sturridge

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:59 pm

Optimistic and excited about the signing. Hoping he hits the ground running and not let the scape-goat artists get on his back undeservedly.

Daniel certainly has a lot of talent but he can be a frustrating player too at times. Imo he needs to play on a regular basis to get the best out of him.

It will be interesting to see what his normal position will be. I put normal in italics because I expect to see him change positions regularly during a game. I can see a lot of interchange in the front positions.

Last edited by Irish_Catalan_Scouser on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

#1 signing of the winter transfer window - Daniel Sturridge - Page 2 Empty Re: #1 signing of the winter transfer window - Daniel Sturridge

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:26 am

FIRST TRAINING :bow:

#1 signing of the winter transfer window - Daniel Sturridge - Page 2 734810_507866965902081_1027591537_n
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:33 am

Sterling-Suarez-Sturridge = 'S'-traordinary Attack

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:48 am

Fully expecting Sturridge and Suarez to be mainstays in the front 3. Those two will man the CF and most tucked-in wide-forward positions. The question will be the third spot. I personally think that this spot will be used as the needs require. Should we need another striker, we'll go with Borini. Should we need an out-and-out winger for width, we'll go with Downing. Should we need another creative player or more pace in attack, we'll go with Sterling. We have options! Chaka Proud cheers

The big question is where will Sturridge and Suarez line up. Who will be the wide forward and who will be the CF. I'm sure we've all seen the quotes circulating around Twitter about how Rodgers sees Sturridge as a CF. While that may be true, I doubt this will be a static front-line. Suarez will end up in the middle of things no matter where he lines up. Sturridge will hopefully adapt to his play and learn to exploit the space Suarez creates. A fluid, interchanging front-line of Sterling-Suarez-Borini could cause nightmares for defenses and be the stuff of dreams for supporters.

Let's just hope the partnership develops as we all hope it will (and preferably quickly). However, as we've experienced, that strike partnership doesn't always come naturally.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:FIRST TRAINING :bow:

#1 signing of the winter transfer window - Daniel Sturridge - Page 2 734810_507866965902081_1027591537_n

Was is it about a new striker that always make you happy.

Come on Danny Boy!!!!! Please fit in well!!!!!
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2