Lex
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
McAgger
Nishankly
34 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Liverpool complete Sturridge signing. Empty Liverpool complete Sturridge signing.

Post by Nishankly Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 16:11

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/liverpool-complete-sturridge-signing

Glad we got someone who can take the burden off Suarez.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Liverpool complete Sturridge signing. Empty Re: Liverpool complete Sturridge signing.

Post by McAgger Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 16:40

Let's hope he succeeds. We really do need something to go our way already. I'm so excited, even though I wasn't even for this signing. cheers Surridge :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Liverpool complete Sturridge signing. Empty Re: Liverpool complete Sturridge signing.

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:17

I understand it's help because Liverool has got no striking power, but cant you just buy a real CF? because you are gonna be looking for one again in the summer...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:19

Brendan Rodgers said he sees me here for a long time - and I also see myself here for a long time. I've not signed here to play for a couple of years and then move on.

"I've signed to be here for as long as possible.

That settles that then.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:28

well Mole, things can only go downhill from here. Might as well hang on to the top for as long as he can

Chelsea>Liverpool>West Ham>Stoke>QPR
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:34

Is he really what Liverpool are looking for? I don't really rate him that highly.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:35

Lex wrote:Is he really what Liverpool are looking for? I don't really rate him that highly.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:37

Lex wrote:Is he really what Liverpool are looking for? I don't really rate him that highly.

He has talent if his bad attitude and extreme selfishness can be resolved.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:37

I say this constantly and people think i'm hating but maybe just maybe Liverpool are buying Sturridge because he fits the sort of inside forward they want to compliment Suarez and until they are consistently challenging for CL they can't attract any better?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:38

they cant attract Llorente?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:40

Mr Nick09 wrote:they cant attract Llorente?

Bilbao are not going to sell him whatever may be the case..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:40

Don't know if he'll be a success, but he has the qualities that liverpool require of someone playing in the forward line, someone who makes those runs behind the defense from the wider positions, which allows Suarez to dictate play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:41

Mr Nick09 wrote:they cant attract Llorente?

CL teams with more money will be of more interest to Llorente.....

Besides i don't think thats the type of forward they are looking to get.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:42

Liverpool can do much better imo. He's average. Maybe he'll surprise me.

12 mill for Sturridge, then 7 mill for Ba. Chelsea have done great business.

Last edited by RED on Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:15; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:45

RED wrote:Liverpool can do much better imo. He's sh*t. Maybe he'll surprise me.

Tell me a betetr IF that is available for that price? Ba? as an IF? RED come on brah!

If he keeps his head down, shuts his mouth up and works hard this could be a shrewd business deal tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:51

The Ostracised One wrote:
RED wrote:Liverpool can do much better imo. He's sh*t. Maybe he'll surprise me.

Tell me a betetr IF that is available for that price? Ba? as an IF? RED come on brah!

If he keeps his head down, shuts his mouth up and works hard this could be a shrewd business deal tbh.

Maybe. Like I said, he may perform better at LFc and surprise me. I'm just judging him by what I've seen of him at Chelsea.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:53

If you guys read through the Pool transfer thread in our section, it's very plain to see that most of us were also feeling a little jaded by the signing of Stug. Our system requires three forwards as we do not play with out and out wingers. It's two inside forwards and one false nine. Basically this signing pins down Suarez as our center forward, so there is not point in signing an out-and-out center forward like Llorente or Ba or whoever else.

We obviously still need cover for the three spots or better yet more quality than Borini/Sturridge but it's not bad methinks.

Borini-Suarez-Sturridge
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 17:56

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I say this constantly and people think i'm hating but maybe just maybe Liverpool are buying Sturridge because he fits the sort of inside forward they want to compliment Suarez and until they are consistently challenging for CL they can't attract any better?

What's an inside forward? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:01

Liverpool fans are unbelievable. They've been calling this lad a scrub for ages. He joins them and their opinions suddenly change overnight.

Anyway this is one sale this club will live to regret. Was never given a proper go at CF at Chelsea. He has terrific talent and athletic ability. Just needs proper mentoring and some heart as well.

When he's banging in 20 goals a season,Torres will undoubtedly get the blame despite 80% of the fans wanting him out. :facepalm:

Last edited by Gil on Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:46; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:06

Gil wrote: Was never given a proper go at CF at Chelsea. :

He won't at Liverpool either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:12

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

We'll see.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:15

Laughing Gil, there is nothing unbelievable about what we did. Sturridge was a cocky player playing for one of our rivals. We hated his guts.

there is one huge difference that sets apart a pool fanboy a chelsea fanboy, When a player wears our jersey we support him no matter what. Can't say the same about you lot.

So to answer the most important question of this thread, YES I f*cking love Daniel Sturridge :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:16

Gil wrote:

We'll see.

He won't, unless Suarez is suspended or injured. Even then I see Borini moving to the center ahead of Stug.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:26

The Ostracised One wrote:Liverpool complete Sturridge signing. 320159_342888169137669_1819857746_n

Thank you.

Anyways, this transfer will not help. Daniel Sturridge is not an influential player, and an influential player is what is needed at Liverpool Football Club. He's in the same class as Fabio Borini skill-wise, yet Daniel Sturridge is an egotistical footballer that attempts to play way above his footballing limits.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed 2 Jan 2013 - 18:49

peerIess wrote:
The Ostracised One wrote:Liverpool complete Sturridge signing. 320159_342888169137669_1819857746_n

Thank you.

Anyways, this transfer will not help. Daniel Sturridge is not an influential player, and an influential player is what is needed at Liverpool Football Club. He's in the same class as Fabio Borini skill-wise, yet Daniel Sturridge is an egotistical footballer that attempts to play way above his footballing limits.

You've obviously never seen him play. "Footballing limits", please....

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Gil wrote:

We'll see.

He won't, unless Suarez is suspended or injured. Even then I see Borini moving to the center ahead of Stug.

Doubt he would move to Liverpool if there wasn't chance he'd play his natural position. Like I said we'll see.

Besides despite his goalscoring record this year I'm still convinced wide right/left is still Suarez's best position.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next