Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

+49
Doc
Helmer
nasir6371
DeletedUser#1
Grooverider
Highburied
Vlad the Impaler
VivaStPauli
RedOranje
donttreadonred
stevieg8
iftikhar
bloodless
Amar
DavidVilla92
Blue
RealGunner
Lord Hades
cyberman
Iceman
Mr Nick09
Babun
Onyx
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Abramovich
Nishankly
M99
McAgger
S
TheRedStag
EarlyPrototype
RED
Arquitecto
aunshi
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Red Alert
gkamtu
dostoevsky
che
poolsupporter
BeautifulGame
Swanhends
punkfusion1992
Gil
RedFlag
lenear1030
nj
53 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? Empty Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

Post by nj Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 pm

apparently deal agreed for the 20yr CM from Sunderland.

its a deal worth 20 mil (or 13mil+ Ngog), it will be more clear after i guess.

this would be the 1st from many others to come: players such as Phil Jones, Juan Mata, Connor Wickham,....are supposedly very close.

Last edited by nj on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? Empty Re: Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

Post by lenear1030 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:38 am

omg that's outrageous. henderson's a nice young player, but come on! 20 mil?

sunderland made off great getting another striker to back up gyan
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? Empty Re: Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

Post by RedFlag Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:18 am

13mil plus Ngog so pretty much 7mil for Ngog...hmm if i was sunderland i would rather have 20mil straight. Liverpool wins this one
RedFlag
RedFlag
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:07 am

He's shit.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:15 am

Gil wrote:He's shit.

Bossed Chelsea's midfield.

but again, your midfield is shit

13M + Ngog is an okay deal...would have preferred 10M + Ngog

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:19 am

He didn't "boss" our midfield. He was extremely average in that game. Did his job well but he did nothing out of the ordinary that game.

Oh and Lampard & Essien weren't playing that day either.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:24 am

I see what you say Gil and I knew you don't rate him from beginning of the other forum. Why is that though ?

I mean, yes he had an absolute stinker in his England debut vs France where the whole team was shocking, but he's created 4th most goal scoring opportunities in the league (82), as opposed to for example Modric's (62). From the 7-8 Sunderland games I've seen this season, looks 2 footed, with decent technique and an eye for a through ball. and is only turning 21 in 10 days.

What exactly don't you like about him that for example you rave about McEachren or Rodwell ? Just curious

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:47 am

Sepi wrote:I see what you say Gil and I knew you don't rate him from beginning of the other forum. Why is that though ?

I mean, yes he had an absolute stinker in his England debut vs France where the whole team was shocking, but he's created 4th most goal scoring opportunities in the league (82), as opposed to for example Modric's (62). From the 7-8 Sunderland games I've seen this season, looks 2 footed, with decent technique and an eye for a through ball. and is only turning 21 in 10 days.

What exactly don't you like about him that for example you rave about McEachren or Rodwell ? Just curious

Well he has shit hair for one and a very punchable face but it's the OTT hype around him after the 0-3 that really annoyed me. Don't get me wrong he has a decent engine, decent shot on him and a decent range albeit inconsistent range of passing as well as the other qualities you mentioned but is all that really worth the £20m+ price tag on him? No chance. Mark Noble was putting in the same level of performances a few years ago at a similar age for example but didn't get anywhere near the amount of hype Hendo has gotten in the past few months.

I rate McEachran and Wilshere much higher as they have a better touch, superior close control and dribbling ability, both are miles better at creating chances despite what the statistics say (Malouda created the most chances in the League for ex) and they don't crumble to pieces whenever they're pressured.

He'll improve your depth no doubt but there's not much difference between him and Shelvey for example.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:57 am

i think Sunderland get the better
if you didnt notice but Ngog scored quite a number of goals last year.... and he is the kind of player who would florish with a team like sunderland
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:57 am

i think Sunderland get the better
if you didnt notice but Ngog scored quite a number of goals last year.... and he is the kind of player who would florish with a team like sunderland
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:13 am

Gil wrote:
Sepi wrote:I see what you say Gil and I knew you don't rate him from beginning of the other forum. Why is that though ?

Well he has shit hair for one and a very punchable face but it's the OTT hype around him after the 0-3 that really annoyed me. Don't get me wrong he has a decent engine, decent shot on him and a decent range albeit inconsistent range of passing as well as the other qualities you mentioned but is all that really worth the £20m+ price tag on him? No chance. Mark Noble was putting in the same level of performances a few years ago at a similar age for example but didn't get anywhere near the amount of hype Hendo has gotten in the past few months.

I rate McEachran and Wilshere much higher as they have a better touch, superior close control and dribbling ability, both are miles better at creating chances despite what the statistics say (Malouda created the most chances in the League for ex) and they don't crumble to pieces whenever they're pressured.

He'll improve your depth no doubt but there's not much difference between him and Shelvey for example.

Agree with some points and disagree with some. Definitely not as flashy as Wilshere (I haven't seen enough of McEachren to comment), but he seems too footed, with good off the ball movement (reminds me of Meireles) and have played 2 full seasons in Premier Leauge (as opposed to Shelvey who's played 10 odd games).

He has most of the basics (eye for a pass, off the ball movement, engine, shot) and if we developed correctly could become a top player. He is only 20 and I think it's unfair to label him as average/shit already considering he used to play under someone like Fat Head.

I just don't know whether he'll be RM option or CM. I think Shelvey will go on loan, so it'll be a headache. I will be watching U-21 for that reason alone much more closely, especially to see how he'll fair against Spain's amazing midfield. His pass for Sturridge's goal the other day was quite decent Razz . 13M + Ngog look much less riskier than 20 Odd, so I feel much more comfortable now.

@ Punkfusion, I think Ngog will do well at Sunderland. like 8-9 goals a season probably, though they really need to toughen up. 13M cash and a player who had no future here and manager didn't trust in (And we valued him at 7M) sound a decent deal too for a player who could turn out to be a top player and of course is very young.

Time will tell who got the best deal....but it kind of makes sense to me. Off to Jones and Wickham now, let's hope Henderson put a good word into their ears in the U-21 camp Very Happy . Hopefully he doesn't end up injurying Mata though !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:21 am

The next James Milner
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:50 am

Only deluded chelsea fans will say McEachran is better than Henderson . If he is so good why isnt he starting ahead of Henderson in U-21s ? .

How desperate are chelsea fans to hype their academy players ? When was the last time they had a first teamer from academy ? McEachran is overhyped chelsea youngster who has done nothing at either u21s or PL . Saying him is better is Henderson who is regular for U-21s , already won a NT cap and has played regularly for a PL for 2 seasons is comical to say the least .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:58 am

punkfusion1992 wrote:i think Sunderland get the better

Most of his goals were against the smaller EL teams. IIRC, he scored 2 in the PL.

That said, I'm not calling him a shit player just because he is leaving. I honestly feel if he gets a good run of games, he can score a minimum of 10 goals a season.

Hard to say who got the better deal. I'm still not convinced Henderson is as good as he's made out to be, but his stats seem to suggest he has some level of consistency.

I hope he proves me wrong and turns out to be a great signing, but we'll just have to wait and see.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:18 am

dear god... who was the last english player who transferred at a sensible fee? i honestly don't remember...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:27 am

che wrote:dear god... who was the last english player who transferred at a sensible fee? i honestly don't remember...

Joe Cole to Liverpool for free. bounce
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:30 am

che wrote:dear god... who was the last english player who transferred at a sensible fee? i honestly don't remember...

Not wishing to go off-topic but Adam Johnson was an undisclosed fee but I heard it was around 8 million which would be a great transfer for City.

Back on topic, I'd take the striker over an extra 7 million if I were Sunderland. An area where they've lacked depth and N'Gog is still a good prospect, whilst they're still interested in a few other strikers so they're not reliant on him as the primary back-up if he doesn't perform.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:38 am

omg what hell with this...
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:39 am

poolsupporter wrote:

that was still too much for him Very Happy
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:45 am

che wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

that was still too much for him Very Happy

Bastard ripped us off good. Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:50 am

People need to realize it's fact of English football.

Players are at least 5M of their worth, it's part of the market that English club live with.

Fergie didn't hesitate to pay 18M for Carrick 5 years ago (which would translate to something around 25M now), but that signing inspired 4 PLs in 5 years for his team and 1 CL and 2 other CL finals.

You take a risk on young players...Nani, Anderson, Rooney, etc...some work out some don't.

That's part of the business in football.

Of course some fans just kill themselves over the fee as they don't watch football for football, but I couldn't give a damn to be honest.

We've been naive for 20 years letting our rivals beat us to signing players we're both interested too and haven't won the trophy which matters first. Now it's time for us to be ruthless and glad to be beating Mancs to this signing. 13M is nothing in English market (Championship strikers trade for 4M, see Norwich buys)...13M plus a reserve player sound very reasonable to me anyways.

I hate bargains, don't even remind me of the days we had to sign cheap foreign players on bosman, and wheel and deal. The days of being linked to likes of Poulsen, Konchesky and 10M rated Carlton Cole. The days where Joe Fuking Cole was seen as Marquee signing of summer.

Hope the trend to beat Rivals to a signing continues....Phil Jones next please. Would love to beat his signing against Mancs and Arsenal.

Every club spends differently. Chelsea have habit of buying top cash for established foreign players, Arsenal have habit of buying only French players for under 10M, United have a habit of buying a lot of British players with a lot of scouts in Portugal....Milan are bosman masters at the moment, Barca and Real we all know.....This is our model now...buy the player the manager wants at any cost, we're dog's bollocks...deal with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:31 am

It's on Sunderland's official site now. Henderson is a medical away from being a LFC player ^^

Apparently worth £ 20m this deal, I'm hoping it's true that a part of that value is N'Gog and we're not actually paying £ 20m in cash.

Great to have Hendy as a LFC player in any case though!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:50 am

nj wrote:apparently deal agreed for the 20yr CM from Sunderland.

its a deal worth 20 mil

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? 79-310880e9

Seriously though he's an average player like Gil says, Also it seems Kenny only can buy Newcastle players or players Newcastle want and the only time he doesnt he pays 5 times the amount he's worth. Maybe you should hire Graham Carr as your chief scout?

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? Trollf
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:55 am

20 million = far too much
13 million + N'Gog = not bad, a bit much but a good transfer

IMO
Very Happy
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aunshi Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:24 am

This could be an interesting transfer window for Liverpool, I wonder if this means they'll have to keep up the large figures for players?

aunshi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next