Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
Ganso
RealGunner
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:His quotes not just on Chelsea TV but everywhere since he was leaving have been nothing but disrespectful.....

I'm not looking for a reason to hate him, i have said a few times on here if he left it would be a blessing in disguise because we can play 4-3-3 again and Papiss can back to doing what he does best.

But his comments and not just on Chelsea TV have been nothing but disrespectful to say the least.

Looking back at all his quotes in last 18 months and his intentions all become clear.

I'm sure he will do well but the things he has said has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Again, Mole, what exactly has he said that has been disrespectful? Laughing

As a matter of fact, I can point out a point where he gave Newcastle some credit(albeit indirectly).

Similar to what Sturridge said actually and kept going on about how he's " made it"

"Yes I've done it" "This club is at another level - it isn't West Ham or Newcastle." "They are both clubs with a strong history, but Chelsea is Chelsea and you cannot compare." "Yesterday, I was looking back and smiling to myself, saying, 'Yes, I've done it'.

The irony of course being Chelsea before Abra came along was no bigger than West Ham or Newcastle....

But yeah i'm suppose to be happy with these disrespectful comments.
Tbh, I only just saw those comments Laughing Yeah he's a karnt Laughing

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 Empty Re: Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing

Post by Gil Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Why do fans still take what players say seriously? Stop looking for reasons to hate players you morons.

Every single player always throws out generic comments/answers like Sturridge, Ba etc did when they join a new club.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm not looking for a reason to hate him.....

I said yesterday that i'm grateful for what he's done while at the club and good luck in the future.

I had no plans to feel this way but he has forced my hand.

Anyway what ever it's done now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:-----------Luiz---Oscar
---Mata----------------Hazard
-----------Torres---Ba

hmm

My abdominal muscles Laughing

Rebs :bow:

OT: When I said I didn't rate Ba I meant I just wouldn't prefer him nor am I a fan of his playing style in any form.

I think this is a fantastic and shrewd signing from Chelsea as he will face little pressure from his price tag along with having Torres as his reference point. Ba for all his deficiencies is capable of scoring important and clutch goals along with being near perfect as the focal point for Chelsea's midfield under Rafa.

It'll be interesting to see how he adapts.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:40 pm

He's a Hernandez, Lewandowski, Falcao ( poorer version fanbois) level player, really don't get the hype.

He'll rape the poor sides but he'll get exposed against the elite teams. Good stop-gap signing, nothing more, nothing less.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Gil wrote:
He'll rape the poor sides but he'll get exposed against the elite teams.

Aye because he never scored against City, United, Spurs and Arsenal etc etc while at Newcastle Laughing

Put the drink down mate you're talking utter waffle.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Gil wrote:He's a Hernandez, Lewandowski, Falcao ( poorer version fanbois) level player, really don't get the hype.

He'll rape the poor sides but he'll get exposed against the elite teams. Good stop-gap signing, nothing more, nothing less.

Gil its almost amusing to see you underestimate Ba as for some of his deficiencies, it doesn't rule out him being exposed vs the top teams as aside with Cabaye, Santon and Taylor, Ba usually was among the best performers in Newcastle's games vs the top teams.

Saying he will be exposed vs them is quite harsh as numerous times he has come through for them.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:46 pm

Gil wrote:He's a Hernandez, Lewandowski, Falcao ( poorer version fanbois) level player, really don't get the hype.

This is coming from someone who hypes up Torres ridiculously? Shocked rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:50 pm

Has anyone mentioned the bullet hole on Demba Ba's forehead?
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Looking at this season, this signing changes nothing, imo.
Chelsea are not and were not going to win the title. It's a good value-for-money signing, but it hasn't changed my expectations about Chelsea's finishing positions (2-4).

If they, however, win the FA Cup thanks to Ba's goals, I will take my hat off for this signing Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Art Morte wrote:Looking at this season, this signing changes nothing, imo.
Chelsea are not and were not going to win the title. It's a good value-for-money signing, but it hasn't changed my expectations about Chelsea's finishing positions (2-4).

If they, however, win the FA Cup thanks to Ba's goals, I will take my hat off for this signing Thumbs up
Could have changed a lot. For one, we might have won the CWC(see Torres, miss from 5 yards in the dying minutes).

Certain games we've drawn/lost this season because of Torres' lack of finishing could have gone in our favour. RDM might still be in a job. All this if we had someone like Ba all along.

Better to let go off Sturridge and sign Ba, no matter how you look at it
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:08 pm

peerIess wrote:Has anyone mentioned the bullet hole on Demba Ba's forehead?

He's a practicing Muslim. So he got it from praying a lot. And it usually comes from prostration. Seems like he takes his time in that position of prayer, many do. It's normal tbh, I know a lot of people with a mark like that on their forehead. That could be the reason or there's a different reason, but the one I mentioned is most likely.

OT, solid signing, will displace Torres eventually. And comes for a great price as well.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Casciavit wrote:

He's a practicing Muslim. So he got it from praying a lot. And it usually comes from prostration. Seems like he takes his time in that position of prayer, many do. It's normal tbh, I know a lot of people with a mark like that on their forehead. That could be the reason or there's a different reason, but the one I mentioned is most likely.

OT, solid signing, will displace Torres eventually. And comes for a great price as well.

I'm interested to hear further on the Muslim practice and how the mark is acquired over time. I'm not understanding how forgive me.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Looking at this season, this signing changes nothing, imo.

Could have changed a lot. For one, we might have won the CWC(see Torres, miss from 5 yards in the dying minutes).

Certain games we've drawn/lost this season because of Torres' lack of finishing could have gone in our favour. RDM might still be in a job. All this if we had someone like Ba all along.

Better to let go off Sturridge and sign Ba, no matter how you look at it

But you didn't sign him last summer but now, right?
I don't mean to be negative here, it's a fine signing, but at this point it changes very little. Next season, we'll see.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

I'm interested to hear further on the Muslim practice and how the mark is acquired over time. I'm not understanding how forgive me.

Well this is a thread about Ba completing his signing with Chelsea, not the mark on his forehead. Pm if you want to know more, will gladly tell you.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 pm

PM him the answer Cas. Let's not derail the thread
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Laughing yeah.. to me it just looks like a widow's peak exposed because of a massively receding hairline
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13 pm

uh..i mean..good signing yea
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote: Laughing yeah.. to me it just looks like a widow's peak exposed because of a massively receding hairline

Could be that, lol. As I said I might be wrong. I probably am, who knows. Smile
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:

I was probably the only Chelsea fan in the universe that didn't agree with the signing at the time.

I don't think he's a great player anymore but I refuse to accept he never was and I'm not going to blame a player who was past it at the time we bought him for the xlub's failures. That's about it.

I don't see why people are comparing him with Torres by the way. We're Chelsea we should be aiming for the Neymar's, Cavani's of this world. Elite level talent, not settling for mediocre footballers.

Lol at this guy mentioning the CWC, lettuce be cereal no one gave two fugs about that game mate. rofl

We still would have gotten knocked out of the CL with Ba and maybe he would have gotten us 3-6 more points in the PL.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Gil wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

I was probably the only Chelsea fan in the universe that didn't agree with the signing at the time.

I don't think he's a great player anymore but I refuse to accept he never was and I'm not going to blame a player who was past it at the time we bought him for the xlub's failures. That's about it.
I've never said he wasn't a great player at some point. But the way you defend every little mistake he makes just baffles me. Its like he can do no harm in your eyes.

I don't see why people are comparing him with Torres by the way. We're Chelsea we should be aiming for the Neymar's, Cavani's of this world. Elite level talent, not settling for mediocre footballers.
Demba Ba is NOT a mediocre footballer. How can anyone even say that? We're NOT buying Neymar. I don't know why Chelsea fans won't keep Neymar out of their wet dreams. He's NOT going to be a Chelsea player. Its just not going to happen. The earlier everyone forgets him, the better(for your own sakes). Besides, you actually expected us to pull a HUGE transfer in this window? Really? Also, do you think about FFP at all? No? Spend away? Okay.

Lol at this guy mentioning the CWC, lettuce be cereal no one gave two fugs about that game mate. rofl
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 David-luiz
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 QaFww
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 118560814_Torres_366189c
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 N_36198_4
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 44707.2
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 Outofstep-pi_20121218135143456_660_320

Yeah they didn't care.

We still would have gotten knocked out of the CL with Ba and maybe he would have gotten us 3-6 more points in the PL.
FYI, 6 more points puts us 1 point behind City and 8 behind United.....with a game in hand. And that is not to say it could have only been 6 points. Could have very well been more.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Gil wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

whatever makes you sleep at night brah
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Gil wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Every Chelsea supporter on this forum wanted Aguero at the time, so you were definitely not alone.

I do agree with you we should be aiming higher then Ba, but we will be signing a better striker Falcao/Cavani in the summer in the meantime Ba will do the job. Next season Ba will be a formidable no.2 striker for us.

Don't think we will sign that marque striker until Blondie leaves.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Probably will do well. Its good to see Chelsea sign another CF. I would be worried if they were relying on Torres for the whole season with the goals...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:27 pm

So apparently Chelsea fans didn't care about the Club World Cup loss. Laughing Are we in denial? Or is this the Twilight zone.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 pm

[quote="Blue Barrett"]
[..]
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 David-luiz
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 QaFww
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 118560814_Torres_366189c
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 N_36198_4
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 44707.2
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 2 Outofstep-pi_20121218135143456_660_320

Yeah they didn't care.

[...]

rofl

Ba is a good one, not world-class but good.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next