Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
Ganso
RealGunner
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 pm

[quote="Blue Barrett"]
[..]
Lol at this guy mentioning the CWC, lettuce be cereal no one gave two fugs about that game mate. rofl
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 3 David-luiz
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 3 QaFww
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 3 118560814_Torres_366189c
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 3 N_36198_4
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 3 44707.2
Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 3 Outofstep-pi_20121218135143456_660_320

Yeah they didn't care.

[...]

rofl

Ba is a good one, not world-class but good.

BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea complete Demba Ba signing

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Reckon Ba's career might pan out like Anelka's.

I'll have a good 6 months to a year at Chelsea( Arsenal being Anelka in this equivalent) and then he'll be hawked to around to who ever pays the money.

I find him to have similar attitude and have similar people surrounding him as well, even if Anelka was infinitely more talented.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Arquitecto wrote:So apparently Chelsea fans didn't care about the Club World Cup loss. Laughing Are we in denial? Or is this the Twilight zone.

We all did. Dunno what Gil is on about.

I personally didn't care at all for the SuperCup final earlier in the summer but I wanted this one.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:08 am

We're up there with United, Madrid and Barca Barett. We should not be content with Ba, those clubs wouldn't even give him a second glance.

Gotta be honest, I actually never bothered watching that CWC game and didn't know we lost until about 2 days later.

Those pics rofl

This team has some serious issues & needs to get their priorities straight. Guess that explains the logic behind resting our best players for the Fa Cup when we have a local derby in the PL that same week. :facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:11 am

Gil wrote:We're up there with United, Madrid and Barca Barett. We should not be content with Ba, those clubs wouldn't even give him a second glance.

Gotta be honest, I actually never bothered watching that CWC game and didn't know we lost until about 2 days later.

Those pics rofl

This team has some serious issues & needs to get their priorities straight. Guess that explains the logic behind resting our best players for the Fa Cup when we have a local derby in the PL that same week. :facepalm:
I get your point. But I think the logic behind the Ba signing was just to get an immediate replacement for Sturridge and also someone capabl of doing the job when Torres was being rested(afterall he can't play all the matches) and I'm happy they went for Ba as he's more than capable of benching Torres.

I don't think this signing stops us from buying anoher marquee striker though. United & City both go 4 deep at CF while we had just Torres(until we signed Ba). Signing one more CF won't hurt.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:14 am

Level of Barca, Madrid and Yanited rofl

You need a reality check brah Laughing anyway stop moaning you got a good striker or will score and make sure you qualify for CL and then you're buy a big name to keep the plastics like you happy Thumbs up

You can't buy the likes of Falcao or Cavani in January.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:18 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Haha exactly what i wanted to say after reading his post but you nailed it.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 am

^ If you offer stupid stupid money I'm sure you could.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:30 am

I don't think any club who are going well would sell their prized assets in January.

Knowing full well they can get similar amounts in the summer, both Atleti and Napoli are still going very well in their respective leagues there is no way they would risk that and unsettle their momentum by selling key players.

It would have to be well above what they can get in the summer for them to consider it, considering the market value of both them you would have to think something in the region of 65-70m would have to suffice.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:35 am

Gil wrote:

This is why its not a WE, so kindly piss off.

Am more than happy we got Ba anyways, proven quality striker. I liked him during his West Ham days, always felt he was a top player never did quite expect him to reach the heights of a CL club but then again he's been awesome first few months of last season and this season.

Last edited by Abramovich on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:35 am

I think De Laurentiis would refuse even if an 100m offer arrived for Cavani in January.He cares about the project more than the money tbh.

I cant speak for Atleti and Falcao though.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:37 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Level of Barca, Madrid and Yanited rofl

You need a reality check brah Laughing anyway stop moaning you got a good striker or will score and make sure you qualify for CL and then you're buy a big name to keep the plastics like you happy Thumbs up

Exactly.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't think any club who are going well would sell their prized assets in January.

Knowing full well they can get similar amounts in the summer, both Atleti and Napoli are still going very well in their respective leagues there is no way they would risk that and unsettle their momentum by selling key players.

It would have to be well above what they can get in the summer for them to consider it, considering the market value of both them you would have to think something in the region of 65-70m would have to suffice.

If a club was crazy enough to approach Madrid and say 100m for Falcao, take it or we're going after Cavani. I'm sure they'd be willing to negotiate at the very least.

I'm not saying this would happen per say but my point is you could get a player like Cavani or Falcao in Jan if you had loads of money and were willing to go mad.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:40 am

Surag wrote:I think De Laurentiis would refuse even if an 100m offer arrived for Cavani in January.He cares about the project more than the money tbh.

I cant speak for Atleti and Falcao though.
Spot on. There's absolutely no reason to sell your prized possession when you're doing well and risk unsettling the team. I don't see why we're even disputing this. Ba is probably the best option we could get this window(and a very good one, at that). If he didn't have a release clause you think Mike Ashley would have let him go for less than 40M? Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:44 am

He probably would have done Barrett, because he only has 18 months to run and the fact due to his problems of never passing a medical ( also didn't pass his medical at Chelsea either apparently ) i'm sure he's not stupid enough to realise teams won't risk that.

I think around 20m would have twisted his arm, especially when you consider we have been scouting replacements for a while because Cisse and Ba don't work.

For this reason i'm confident it will turn out well for us, but for most of our players he will still ask for a ridiculous money.

Ba was a special circumstance for many different reasons.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:04 am

I have to agree with you there.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 am

when Drogba came at the bridge , his level was almost the same than demba's. Not saying that he is going to have Drogba's success but who knows ?

lukaku, sturridge,anelka,torres,Drogba are the most recents chelsea's strikers and he is at least better than 3 of them.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:24 am

Drogba raped the whole of Europe in his season at Marseille before joining Chelsea....

Ba's good but he's not going to be anywhere near Drogba.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:41 am

All in all he is better than Torres atm. Then when the time is right hopefully Lukaku will take over. It might be one year, or two years. I'm pretty sure Ba knows this. He is already 27.

We have a very promising young squad and everyone keeps forgetting that this is still a team in transition. Majority of our key players are still young or over 30. Give it some time. I think all of us Chelsea fans accepted the fact that this season is not a season that we are going to excel, as in like top 2 in the league or CL achievements. Steady the ship for now, blast the cannons later.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:07 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Drogba raped the whole of Europe in his season at Marseille before joining Chelsea....

Ba's good but he's not going to be anywhere near Drogba.

'' The whole of europe '' is a bit 2 much : 11goals in 16 games ( 5/8 in CL and 6/8 in C3 ) and 19/35 in Ligue 1 . That's excellent but many players have had a one season-wonder and then fade away. we should ask Chelsea's fans about his transfer ? Have they imagined how great he was going to be.

i'm not saying that Demba is going to reach DD's level though.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 am

I think Ba's more of a short term option for Chelsea until they get Cavani, Falcao etc. However if he impresses, then there's no need for Chelsea to really buy Falcao, Cavani etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:14 am

Abramovich wrote:
Gil wrote:

This is why its not a WE, so kindly piss off.

Am more than happy we got Ba anyways, proven quality striker. I liked him during his West Ham days, always felt he was a top player never did quite expect him to reach the heights of a CL club but then again he's been awesome first few months of last season and this season.

Give it a rest already you clown. The whole Schtick got old 6 months ago.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:21 am

Good signing in my opinion.

Your not going to sign some super striker in January and all Ba has to do is not be as bad as Torres. Easy enough.

Its a good chance for Ba and a good move by Chelsea.

I think Ba can bring his current level to Chelsea, his game isnt complcated and I dont see why it wouldnt translate.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Was beast today, felt so weird watching us this season with a proper striker :bow:

Gil wrote:

Give it a rest already you clown. The whole Schtick got old 6 months ago.

It continues as it will do because of how you are which is an embarrassment to be associated with the club. You almost make the mehdrid plastics here look like proper supporters, I almost feel insulted when people link you with Chelsea. We don't need fake supporters like you danke. banana
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:45 pm

and of course he will bang goals after goals for the rest of this season

playing in a same club with this torres would relief any striker's pressure and tension in a match
even if he ends up goalless for the next 5 games or so none will even bother questioning him given also the money spend for buying him
having that in mind im sure ba will perform his best yet it will be wrong to compare him with torres whatsoever

good goal tonight, his first one was meh

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3