DeletedUser#1
Abramovich
Gil
56 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

FIFA FiFPro World XI - Page 6 Empty Re: FIFA FiFPro World XI

Post by S Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 am

And how did Cahill and Ivanovic perform in this year's Champions League ? Please tell me lol, i'd like to hear.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:56 am

futbol wrote:
free_cat wrote:oh, yes, Casillas definitely has not been the best gk of 2012, but he is there because of the euro. I think cech deseves it more.

What did he do during the Euros? Portugal managed 0 shots on target in the semis. Such is the dominance of the outfield players infront of him, he barely has anything to do. And if he does, he never grabs the ball. He always punches shots away and infront of himself where he has to rely on pure luck that the ball drops infront of his own defender's feet and not the striker's. Positioning at freekicks is also not one of his strengths. Messi beat him twice in a row from like 30 yards out. Madrid concede from set pieces because Casillas, like most Spanish goalkeepers, has no clue how to dominate in the air. Most of the time he doesn't even come out for corner kicks. His foot work is non-existent. Good shot stopper who gets hyped up beyond ridiculous levels for being the only proper Madrid youth product by the Madrid press (which at the same time are the biggest general sports media outlets of the country: Marca and AS). Marca's Ballon d'Or campaign for Casillas was the LOL-worthiest moment of 2012. He should try to win the Zamora trophy before Valdes first. Should be easy enough with the best centrebacks in the world infront of him: Ramos and Pepe. :coffee:

You are completely right, I agree with you. Casillas was the spectator with the best seat all along the Euros. I meant he was there because his team won the euros. His year has not been good.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:58 am

Surag wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Surag wrote:

You mean Lulz,Cahill or Terry ? rofl

Cahill or Ivanovic. They had tremendous Champions League.

Dude this is for the whole year.Not defending for your lives with 10 men behind the ball for like 2 games.

Its hilarious to see some people even mentioning them.Only Chelsea defender who has a legitimate shout to be there is Ashley Cole as he was their only consistent defender in their Entire CL campaign.And btw Ivanovic played RB for pretty much the entire competition bar the game against Barca.

Once again you continue basing off your opinions on players purely from a Barca's perspective.Not surprising coming from you as you diss Bundesliga teams for the same reason.

You are right in all your points, but surely Pique shouldn't be there. He wasn't good enough this 2012 to be considered one of the best CB in the world. Who do you think should be his substitute then?
I know Cahill wasn't that great, but he was spectacular in the Champions League and Chelsea deserves some recognition. Ivanovic is a right back, granted, but he did very good as CB when needed too.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:14 am

free_cat wrote: Who do you think should be his substitute then?

Barzagli.If you take into account the whole year ,he has been the most consistent defender in whole of Europe.I actually believe he's been the best defender of 2012 but i guess its debatable.To be really honest i dont have a problem with Ramos being there since its a EURO year and his defending was generally good in the second half of last season.

And yes you are right about Chelsea deserving recognition.Like i said if there's any Chelsea player that needs to be included in FIFA X1's back 4 its definitely Cole for me.I think Cech deserves a shout too.I can agree on that.

Cahill had a torrid game against Napoli if i remember correctly.His most impressive game was in the Camp Nou but i guess you could say the whole back 4 functioned brilliantly in that particular game.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 am

peerIess wrote:Some of the votes were pretty funny.

Captain of Georgia: 1st place - Wayne Rooney
Captain of Honduras: 1st place - Didier Drogba
Captain of Cyprus: No Messi.
Captain of Cuba: 1st place - Xabi Alonso
Captain of Algeria: 1st place - Karim Benzema
Captain of Cambodia: No Messi.
Captain of Montenegro [Mirko Vucinic]: 1st place - Gianluigi Buffon, 2nd place - Andrea Pirlo
Captain of Myanmar: 1st place - Iker Casillas
Coach of Cambodia: 2nd place - Neymar
Coach of Germany [Löw]: 1st place - Mesut Özil, 2nd place - Manuel Neuer
Coach of Somalia: 2nd place - Neymar
Coach of Thailand: 1st place - Sergio Busquets
Media of Finland: No Ronaldo
Media of Wales: 3rd place - Gerard Piqué
Media of Suriname: No Messi, No Ronaldo

There are some other funny ones, but I've just left them out.

Not sure how one person picking Busquets is such a big deal,last season he was better than Pique,Casillas,Neymar,Drogba,Balotelli and Rooney yet nobody laughs at people picking them as a winner. scratch
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 am

The Sanchez wrote:Wtf Ozil/Silva better than Xavi?

Each of them had a case to be there ahead of Xavi as far as 2012 is concerned.

First half of 2012 Ozil was playing in top form and arguably not less crucial than Ronaldo in winning Madrid the league. While for Barcelona Messi was basically the only bright spot during that period as the rest including Xavi were in a slump. Twice head to head at Camp Nou Ozil was top performer for both sides, cannot even remember Xavi playing or not.
In this period Silva wasn't as good as he was in 2011, but IMO still better than Xavi, one of key players to City's winning title too.

Don't think the Euro gave Xavi much advantage either. Sure Spain won, but Silva in that team too and his contribution throughout the tournament was just as much as Xavi's if not more as Xavi barely shone bar the final.
Ozil's German NT was beat by Italy in the semi, but he performed well in that match and in overall individually his Euro was not as disappointing as many made it out to be, he got 2 MOTM award ffs, only Iniesta had more iirc.

Second half of 2012 Xavi improved his form to his normal level while both Ozil and Silva didn't start the season as good as they can be, but they improved toward the end of the year. I wouldn't put that much emphasize to this period though as second half of the season is when it really matters.

Pirlo should definitely ahead of Xavi too, or ahead of Xabi.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:44 am

harhar11 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nah Yaya isn't lol worthy at all, he was outstanding last season and quite frankly as big a reason as any why City won the league coming up with clutch performances again and again.

Yaya was better than both Alonso and Busquets IMO.

I remember him being quite inconsistent in the first half of the season, then he came back from an injury an "won" the league for Man City where as Busquets was quite consistently brilliant from the get-go.

but the only reason why I lol'd was because I thought that this world XI was supposed to be a balanced team, not a "dream team" where you only put in the best offensive players. And I know that as an overall player Yaya>>Busquets but as a DM Busquets >> Yaya..

Maybe I was wrong, I dont know if this teams are suppose to be a balanced team or just a "dream team"..

I think Busquets is the superior player to Yaya Toure.People think Toure is one of the best midfielder because he goes on those runs with the ball which are admittedly good to watch but he will spend the next 5 minutes getting his breath back.He also scores some goals and gets a few assists which is good to watch.But he is a lazy and unfit player and when he comes up against teams like Dortmund who's midfield is more mobile and energetic he is ineffective and gets dominated in midfield.Not just against Dortmund,against Ajax,Real Madrid etc and in the PL he is inconsistent,as somebody said on here the other day he drifts in and out of games and that isn't the sign of one of the best midfielders in the world.Midfields the position were you can't get away with drifting in and out of games if you are playing against the best midfields/teams because you will get dominated.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:22 pm

juveman17 wrote:
white_star wrote:
juveman17 wrote:And the corruption award for year goes to Fifa............

This post shows your intelligence, people voted this team it has nothing to do with Fifa. Please tell me what they would gain out of picking a world 11? Do you know what corruption is? Don't just throw words around because you saw it on tv or something. Last I remember Juventus was found guilty of corruption and Fifa has not!

FYI "innocent until proven guilty"

Clearly, if you don't include Pirlo, then there is something really wrong with you. This is obvious. Since when were you a grammar nazi? And this has nothing to do with 06 btw.

Im Just saying its obvious to everyone how biased this is considering there isn't one player outside of La Liga. Pirlo had more of a reason than Xabi Alonso to be there. Besides this was chosen by 40,000 selected people. We don't know where they are from, who they support, or what bias they have. And Barzagli was part of the team the let up the least amount of goals in Europe, so why does a player like Pique or Ramos ahead of him? They both made it to the Coppa final, won Serie A, and the Euro Final. Just because Spain won, it does not make Xabi or Pique better than Pirlo and Barzagli respectively.

I don't give a shit. You were throwing around the word corruption so I stopped you. I never said I agree or disagree with the players listed. I was telling you how it was chosen.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Pepe craps all over pique.... any day last year.. any single day....
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Pepe is inconsistent and mistake prone and very very ugly ( type of play wise ).

He is great but for example this season he handed Messi and easy goal at Camp Nou with an stupid mistake or made a deadly mistake against Dortmund in CL. he makes very bad mistakes and very bad fouls sometimes.

i have nothing against Pepe and i believe he is our best CB but there is some bad aspects in his game that may never let him be the best or top 2-3.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:29 pm

worms wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nah Yaya isn't lol worthy at all, he was outstanding last season and quite frankly as big a reason as any why City won the league coming up with clutch performances again and again.

I remember him being quite inconsistent in the first half of the season, then he came back from an injury an "won" the league for Man City where as Busquets was quite consistently brilliant from the get-go.

but the only reason why I lol'd was because I thought that this world XI was supposed to be a balanced team, not a "dream team" where you only put in the best offensive players. And I know that as an overall player Yaya>>Busquets but as a DM Busquets >> Yaya..

Maybe I was wrong, I dont know if this teams are suppose to be a balanced team or just a "dream team"..

I think Busquets is the superior player to Yaya Toure.People think Toure is one of the best midfielder because he goes on those runs with the ball which are admittedly good to watch but he will spend the next 5 minutes getting his breath back.He also scores some goals and gets a few assists which is good to watch.But he is a lazy and unfit player and when he comes up against teams like Dortmund who's midfield is more mobile and energetic he is ineffective and gets dominated in midfield.Not just against Dortmund,against Ajax,Real Madrid etc and in the PL he is inconsistent,as somebody said on here the other day he drifts in and out of games and that isn't the sign of one of the best midfielders in the world.Midfields the position were you can't get away with drifting in and out of games if you are playing against the best midfields/teams because you will get dominated.

Couldn't have said it better myself
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:34 pm

worms wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

I agree with you, all i was saying Yaya had a fantastic season is all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:56 pm

TomJuve wrote:I'm not sure if you believe half of what you write but i'll humour you anyway.

For starters Pirlo had a fantastic tournament where in the first game Vs spain he created Di Natales goal and had a grip on the match. In the final (Where Italy, a day less rested were hit by injuries to the point they had to play with 10 men) spain deserved the victory but in no way was Pirlo himself outclassed in and way, shape or form. What do you expect him to pick up the slack for 8 other exhausted men or something?

Not even most Barca fans would say Xavi is leagues ahead of Pirlo that's just plain bias and stupidity.

As for the cheap shot at Juventus well it's laughable coming from the worlds most famous feeder club in a league that has no importance other than providing the odd talent. I'll happily continue to support Juventus and i'll lose no sleep over the FIGC taking two of our many titles away from us.

Listen don't feed the troll. We all know the truth about Pirlo last year. The only thing I don't agree is the exhaustion thing lol these players should be prepared for a tournament like the Euros.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:09 pm

Yeah I know it's no excuse but an extra days rest / preperation in such a short period of time is a fairly big factor. I still think spain would have won but probably by a 1 goal margain.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm

worms wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

I should have said an all-around player instead of overall. But its true that Yaya is very lazy and if you reread my post you will see that I mentioned Yaya's problem with consistency..

Truth be told, I dont watch alot of Man City, so I was mostly going by with what most people say here on the forum..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:22 pm

When that little kid asked Ronaldo how to become a good player like him, did anyone else see Messi's face when Ronaldo said be humble? he had a look of confusion and wtf.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 pm

Captain of Montenegro [Mirko Vucinic]: 1st place - Gianluigi Buffon, 2nd place - Andrea Pirlo

I'm pretty sure coaches can't choose players from the national team they're coaching.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Kuru wrote:

I'm pretty sure coaches can't choose players from the national team they're coaching.
yes they can,VDB voted casillas if im correct
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:48 pm

FIFA FiFPro World XI - Page 6 227772_480619025310836_2009778590_n
We all know who the best player in 2012 was. I can't believe they overlooked him! Mad
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 am

TomJuve wrote:Yeah I know it's no excuse but an extra days rest / preperation in such a short period of time is a fairly big factor. I still think spain would have won but probably by a 1 goal margain.

Laughing That's a funny excuse. Basically none of the Italian players had any Champions League obligations. Busquets played 65 games all season (5113) minutes. Alonso played 67 games (5622) minutes. De Rossi played 43 games (3629) minutes. Pirlo played 52 games (4627 minutes). If at all the Italians had advantages with their conditioning. Italy conceded 2 goals within the first 41 minutes. Tiredness. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:37 am

futbol wrote:
TomJuve wrote:Yeah I know it's no excuse but an extra days rest / preperation in such a short period of time is a fairly big factor. I still think spain would have won but probably by a 1 goal margain.

Laughing That's a funny excuse. Basically none of the Italian players had any Champions League obligations. Busquets played 65 games all season (5113) minutes. Alonso played 67 games (5622) minutes. De Rossi played 43 games (3629) minutes. Pirlo played 52 games (4627 minutes). If at all the Italians had advantages with their conditioning. Italy conceded 2 goals within the first 41 minutes. Tiredness. Laughing

Fuentes:
"If I said what I know, goodbye to the World Cup and European Championship"
Google search who is fuentes, and realise why is spain dominating world of sport suddenly..

Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 am

tuddor wrote:

Fuentes:
Google search who is fuentes, and realise why is spain dominating world of sport suddenly..

That's quite ironic. Maybe you want to Google "Serie A" and "Juventus" first. Laughing

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-01-27/zidane-admits-using-creatine-in-juventus-doping/125686

"I took creatine, only when I played for Juventus," the FIFA World Player of the Year told the court.

"It was never the case when I played in France and hasn't happened since I've been playing in Spain.

"It's useful and I need it to play 70 matches a season."

The France playmaker also said he was given vitamin injections at Juventus.

Last edited by futbol on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:44 am

futbol wrote:
tuddor wrote:

Fuentes:

That's quite ironic. Maybe you want to Google "Serie A" and "Juventus" first. Laughing

Juventus payed for their mistakes Very Happy In spain, i only saw cyclists Valverde and Contador paying for the way the Spain sport grew up with the arquitect dr. Fuentes...
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgera Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 am

Now this FiFPro World XI is always a XI of 1 goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 attackers. But I was thinking about a way how it could be done better, so that depending on the votes, the World XI might in some edition actually bring out 4-4-2 or even 5-4-1 if the votes decided so (although it is unlikely that there would only be one forward, anyway).

One way to do it:

All the voters vote for 1 goalkeeper, 1 defender, 1 midfielder, and 1 forward. Then the World XI is determined so, that those getting most votes are accepted there. There however must be at least 3 defenders, 3 midfielders and 1 forward. Of course only one goalkeeper. Of the remaining 3 places up for grabs at maximum 2 can be defenders, max 2 of them can be midfielders and max 2 can be forwards.

Or maybe voters would vote for the best 2 or 3 defenders (And same for other positions), but wonder if that would be too much thinking / work for them.

This way depending on the amount of votes it could end up being a different formation than the typical one of always 4 defenders. Maybe have at least 2 forward always instead of 1.

But this is just some kinda thinking and nowhere near finished system of course, so maybe you will come up with something better.

Belgera
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:49 am

futbol wrote:
tuddor wrote:

Fuentes:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-01-27/zidane-admits-using-creatine-in-juventus-doping/125686

"I took creatine, only when I played for Juventus," the FIFA World Player of the Year told the court.

"It was never the case when I played in France and hasn't happened since I've been playing in Spain.

"It's useful and I need it to play 70 matches a season."

The France playmaker also said he was given vitamin injections at Juventus.

Lol, creatine and vitamine are shi*t and legal... Epo makes wonders instead
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Oh no not vitamins. Guess my childhood was all a lie....
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next