Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane?

+44
jibers
Rossoneri Ninja
gperry94
LeSwagg James
guest7
VivaStPauli
EarlyPrototype
billy_gr
Lupi
Real Kandahar
Nirgall
Red Alert
BarrileteCosmico
CrazyBoy
Casciavit
Alex10
The Sanchez
7amood11
chinomaster182
Arquitecto
Be/\/ceCALI
RealGunner
la bestia negra
Ganso
CBarca
Mamad
Collblanc
Abramovich
FennecFox7
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
REWB
FalcaoPunch
DuringTheWar
source-football
free_cat
The Franchise
futbol
LeBĂ©ninois
Harmonica
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Donuts
Beautiful Football
48 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane? - Page 5 Empty Re: Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane?

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:16 pm

TBH I think Messi is already better than r9, sorry.
Scores more already, but is a way more flexible player, R9 was a brilliant goal scorer, but Messi brings much more attributes of a typical midfielder to the table.

Edit: So basically what Nirgall said.

I haven't made up my mind about Zidane yet. Messis impact is ridiculously huge, but I really rate play makers very highly, I'm inclined to give Zizou the edge, but that might be some anti-striker bias of mine, since I tend to think that the pure act of scoring is overrated in the general football debates... So I'll just withhold my judgement as of now.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane? - Page 5 Empty Re: Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane?

Post by guest7 Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:09 pm

ynwa wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:zidane > xavi and iniesta

Iniesta on his own is better than Zidane.

I'm pretty sure not even Barca fans agree with you there Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:38 pm

I would take Zidane over Xavi and Iniesta any day of the week.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Not any day of the week. Zidane could go 10 games doing next to nothing.

But in my opinion, Zidane was better than Iniesta.

I dont think he was better than Xavi though honestly. Xavi dominates the game too much, the only players I would take over someone like that is those top tier guys who create, score and are just otherwordly. The Messi's, Cruyff's, Pele's of the world. At his best, Zidane was like that, but I prefer Xavi's consistency alongside playing at an unbelievable level.

I aint taking another midfielder over Xavi, thats for sure. Even one as great as Zidane.

Note, this not me saying he is better. Just I would rather have Xavi.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Iniesta and Xavi are the epitome of consistency, Zidane is the epitome of flashes of brilliance but could go quiet for long periods.

Xavi and Iniesta are more consistent than Zidane ever was but Zidane could go to a level which Xavi and Iniesta cannot.

Which is shown by Xavi and Iniesta's trophy haul compared to Zidane's, they have achieved more due to their consistency.

I like Dani prefer consistency to flashes of brilliance but Zidane was more talented than both of them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Iniesta and Xavi are the epitome of consistency, Zidane is the epitome of flashes of brilliance but could go quiet for long periods.

Xavi and Iniesta are more consistent than Zidane ever was but Zidane could go to a level which Xavi and Iniesta cannot.

Which is shown by Xavi and Iniesta's trophy haul compared to Zidane's, they have achieved more due to their consistency.

I like Dani prefer consistency to flashes of brilliance but Zidane was more talented than both of them.
Not sure if serious?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Opta performance index (based on over 200 different statistic) this season La Liga.

Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane? - Page 5 Di-7HE7

Where as Messi and Xavi play consistently in deviation of 2, betweem 8-10 and 6-8 respectively, Iniesta plays in deviation of 4, between 6-10, and this is in addition to his injuries. And I believe this actually is one of his more consistent seasons lately.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:26 am

This thread Laughing Now we are comparing Xavi and Iniesta with Zidane...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:25 am

Luis Ronaldo and his pre injury hype at times gets ridiculous. Yes he was great but it is not like he was best ever as people make him. Peole talk so much about Ronaldo at Barcelona(although I believe his best season was at Inter), but give me Romario's first season at Barcelona, now that was simply magical. A genuis at show, him and Laudrup's combo was simply sublime and lethal.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:23 pm

I think I Messi is better than Zidane but not Ronaldo..

Messi is a better playmaker than Ronaldo was but that's about it.. Messi has to show me something outside of Barca, like dominate a World Cup or something.. Barca is tailor made for him

I don't think Messi is the better goal scorer either even if has a higher goal tally, since there is another player out there who scores almost as much (Cristiano).. And Cristiano is clearly not as good as Ronaldo so I'm sure Ronaldo would be scoring as much as Messi is today
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Ronaldo was more dangerous than Messi with the ball. His speed, ball control combined with strength made him unstoptable in his prime.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:59 am

No way likeastar. Messi is much more clinical and dangerous then R9 ever was.

He is a better dribbler, a better passer, a scary clinical finisher, and astonishing stats. Messi shits on ronaldo
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gperry94 Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:47 am

Giggity5313 wrote:No way likeastar. Messi is much more clinical and dangerous then R9 ever was.

He is a better dribbler, a better passer, a scary clinical finisher, and astonishing stats. Messi shits on ronaldo
I agree. Messi deff takes this one. Messi is a team player and i have no doubt in my mind that he would prove himself at the same level he has at Barca at a different club. And like giggity said.... his stats are DIRTY!
gperry94
gperry94
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 am

I'll leave this debate up for when Messi retires but as it seems, with his current ability stats, and achievement he has surpassed Ronaldo a while ago, already this season his plays and skill is increasing, leaving us (the viewers) no choice to believe that he hasn't even reached his peak yet.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Messi does not "shit" on Ronaldo, dont be ridiculous.

He has better longevity and plays the role of a creator aswell as scorer, thats it, thats what makes him better.

He was not much more clinical nor a much better dribbler, you cannot seperate them in either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:44 pm

I all care about is that i got see them both play , both definitely in the upper bracket of the most talented footballers ever to play the game
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gperry94 Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:I all care about is that i got see them both play , both definitely in the upper bracket of the most talented footballers ever to play the game
good point cheers
gperry94
gperry94
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Meh. In terms of Messi vs R9 Messi has surpassed him by quite a bit. I saw R9 all his career and quite frankly, half the people that talk about him never even saw him play at his supposed 'peak' at Barcelona and Inter. Messi is far more involved in games than R9 really ever was. Now in terms of their ceiling I would say that their 'abilities' (wtf that even means) are very close but Messi is far closer to reaching and applying his than R9 was ever close to his.

Now Messi and Zidane is tighter. Zidane was better than r9, even when R9 moved to Madrid Zidane was the best out of all of the starts there, they all said it in interviews. It was clear even when you watched the Galacticos. One thing Zidane has is his ability on the international stage. i have never witnessed a player in my life that has elevated his NT to such a level.Zidane and Messi are too different but again I will say Messi is ahead of Zidane.

Messi is consistently scoring and creating week in and week out and when he doiesnt even play well he can still have an influence on the game in peak moments (last classico, cesc assist). Zidane could sometimes go a whole game not doing anything, ( a problem I had with Laudrup as well). for the last 4 years I have never seen a player this nconsistent week in week out, and for me that is Messi's greatest feat. The only player that I would rate higher than Messi is Pele, but I have the priviledge of having 130+ santos games (downloadeds from the net but the website got taken down Sad ) A messi vs Pele thread would be far closer.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Only reason Zidane was better than R9 at Madrid was because of his injuries.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:21 pm

The Franchise wrote:Only reason Zidane was better than R9 at Madrid was because of his injuries.

Better work ethic, actually took care of his body rather than gaining stupid weight. Either way Zidane overshadowed him at every level. WC 98, Ronaldos would be crowning moment Zidane stole the show, Euro 2000, Zidane waqs at it again, WC 2006, Zidane dragged France and was their most important player, while R9 went from mediocrity to medicrity and left 50 pounds heavier.

Either way this is off topic. Zidane is generally ranked higher than R9 and I agree, Messi has surpassed R9 and is just ahead of Zidane. The biggest joke out of all this is Messi is 26....

he is twenty ****ing 6. My head is hurting. Messi already has the career of a veteran :facepalm:

HGH :bow:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Nah, Ronaldo was never the same after his injury. Weight is just a side point of that which came after it, before his weight, injury was the reason he wasnt the same Ronaldo.

98 dont mean anything either for Ronaldo, not the final anyway...if it wasnt a final, he wouldnt of been on the pitch. He had no buisness being out there, anyone could see that

Ronaldo was considerably better than Zidane the whole tournament up untill he had a fit.

Anyway, im not here to argue who is better...Ronaldo is handicapped in that battle with anyone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:24 pm

@Jibers: Ronaldo has hypothyroidism, that's why he was over weight.. Plus like Danny said, he was better than Zidane up until he had convulsions in the '98 final..

The only reason he is compared to Zizou is because of injuries, or else there would be none smoking
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:19 am

Messi is the better player. What hamstrings both Zidane and Ronaldo is that they both had unfulfilled careers. Zidane only came onto the scene in his mid twenties and Ronaldo faltered late into his twenties, whereas Messi has been exceptional throughout his career.

In terms of pure ability i think Ronaldo was special due to him being incredibly gifted physically and technically.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:20 am

le* double post
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:58 pm

If Messi will make laugh again at the next world cup, then not only will be less than those two, but also to many other people, like Van Basten, Platini and other.

Serie A would at most 30 goals, and in any case would be hammered by the defenders

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:24 am

The Franchise wrote:Only reason Zidane was better than R9 at Madrid was because of his injuries.

Not to mention work ethic lol. But injuries took their toll on El Gordo no doubt.

As for Messi, two of his Balon D'Ors would have gone to different players if France Football were still incharge of the award.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next