Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane?

+44
jibers
Rossoneri Ninja
gperry94
LeSwagg James
guest7
VivaStPauli
EarlyPrototype
billy_gr
Lupi
Real Kandahar
Nirgall
Red Alert
BarrileteCosmico
CrazyBoy
Casciavit
Alex10
The Sanchez
7amood11
chinomaster182
Arquitecto
Be/\/ceCALI
RealGunner
la bestia negra
Ganso
CBarca
Mamad
Collblanc
Abramovich
FennecFox7
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
REWB
FalcaoPunch
DuringTheWar
source-football
free_cat
The Franchise
futbol
LeBĂ©ninois
Harmonica
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Donuts
Beautiful Football
48 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane? - Page 2 Empty Re: Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane?

Post by Abramovich Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Zidane was the greatest of the last gen and second best player I've ever seen live after Messi. Zidane is one of the greatest players in history free cat, don't hate because he played for Madrid lol.

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane? - Page 2 Empty Re: Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane?

Post by Abramovich Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:21 pm

free_cat wrote:Zidane is loved here, what are you guys on?

It's me and a few others only who defend he was a great player but never close to the all time greats and not better that many greats of his generation like Henry, Rivaaldo, Figo, Robaldinho, Ronaldo...

He is just insanely overrated by Spanish and French press and fans.

A level above all of them imo
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 pm

A great yes. Like Rivaldo, figo, Henry, etc.

A great like pele, Maradona, Cruyff, etc? Not at all.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 pm

He is in the same bracket as pele, maradona..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:27 pm

except that every single pundit, player, manager, etc that have been around for at least 30 years say that the three greaters players they've seen in the last 30 years are Messi, Maradonna and Zidane... and it's unanimous. In fact, ITV in the Uk did a special on Zidane which was very good and he never even played in the EPL lol.

you're entitled to your opinion... just like some madrid fans believe Ronaldo is far better than Messi.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:28 pm

WC winner, runner-up, Euro cup winner, Ballon dor, 3 WPOTY, incredible ability with and without the ball, leadership ! He is up there with the greats without a doubt. Ronaldo remains the no. 1 for me :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 pm

likeastar wrote:WC winner, runner-up, Euro cup winner, Ballon dor, 3 WPOTY, incredible ability with and without the ball, leadership ! He is up there with the greats without a doubt. Ronaldo remains the no. 1 for me :bow:

Havent seen so much fanboy action anywhere the last months from anyone else. Everywhere you post that Ronaldo is no.1 - do you have posters above your bed?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 pm

Also, Zidane was never amongst the great players in history.

BS.

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Zidane is not on Pele and Maradona's level, come on now.

For me, he is better than Freecat is saying. As in he is better than Shevchenko, Henry and some others..but he is certaintly not on all time best level.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 pm

You guys rate Zidane with Maradona, Cruyff and all?

Come on. He's one of my favorite players ever despite playing for Madrid and I love the guy, but no...he is not up there. That would imply he is also on the same level as Messi, and he's clearly not.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:33 pm

OK, I do track back on that comment.. but comparing him to henry and figo.. really..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 pm

I didn't watch all of Zidane's career but im pretty sure that there is Messi,Pele,Maradona(in no specific order) and then the rest
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:36 pm

He is closer to Figo than he is Maradona. Its not an insult to compare him to Figo, Figo was quite a player you know?

At some point, for a single season, he was better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 pm

yes and no its not because hes won 4 ballon d no one gives a shit

that's like saying pique is better than beckenbauer because he is in fifa 11 many times
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:He is in the same bracket as pele, maradona..

No he isn't, this is why i say he's overrated because he's not up there with the Di Stefano's, Maradona's , Cruyff's, Pele's etc etc.

As Dani said he's closer to Figo than he is to them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 pm

CBarca wrote:You guys rate Zidane with Maradona, Cruyff and all?

Come on. He's one of my favorite players ever despite playing for Madrid and I love the guy, but no...he is not up there. That would imply he is also on the same level as Messi, and he's clearly not.

that's the thing... he clearly is lol. you guys are comparing apples with oranges however. It's like comparing beckenbauer to messi or pele. The roles are so different that it's uncomparable. Zidane was the best CM that ever played the game. Messi is one of the best forward to ever play the game and could become the best.

these best ever lists are all bs imo. you need to pick an area of the pitch and list the best ever players by area.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 pm

figo! figo!!!!! Zidane makes figo look like a pub player lol. In fact, he literally did whe they played together.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Matter of opinion. For me he is up there with Maradona :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:figo! figo!!!!! Zidane makes figo look like a pub player lol

And Pele makes Zidane look like a pub player.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Pele makes everyone look like a pub player
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
sportsczy wrote:figo! figo!!!!! Zidane makes figo look like a pub player lol

And Pele makes Zidane look like a pub player.....

pele was a cf and zidane a cm... how can you even compare? it's like saying platini made zoff look like a pub player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:Pele makes everyone look like a pub player

Which is the entire point, Zidane is not up there with the GOAT's that i named in a previous posts.

Of course he is better than Figo lol but he's not up there with the Pele's etc etc.

Also Sports.... Figo is a winger and you compared then whats the difference lol?

Fact of the matter is he is closer to Figo than he is with the 4 i mentioned....

He's great and one of the best AM's ever but up there with Pele, Maradona, Cruyff and Di Stefano?

Nah not for me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:50 pm

nothing is a fact mole.... every top player ever list you find out there has Zidane in their top 10. you're stating your opinion. i strongly disagree and so does almost everyone thankfully. But you're entitled.

Figo was a creative winger which is much closer to the role of a creative CM. When Zidane came to Madrid, he made everyone on that team look like a pub player... they even admitted it lol. and it wasn't just random players.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Im sorry but this is rubbish.

Zidane makes Figo look a pub player while at some point being inferior? Stop it.

You want it both ways.

In one post you say he clearly is up there with Pele and co., but in the very same post you say its like comparing apples and oranges.

Which one is it? He is up there or we shouldnt compare?

If Freecat is severly underrating Zidane, you are severly overrating him honestly.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Yeah true fair enough.

With things like this no one will move away from their opinion anyway so it doesn't make sense to get into a fueled debate over it.

Also you said Top 10? that's debateable for me i was talking about the very very best but Top 10 is at least feasible in my mind.

Top 3 isn't which is my entire point, he's just simply not up there with the likes of Pele.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:
CBarca wrote:You guys rate Zidane with Maradona, Cruyff and all?

that's the thing... he clearly is lol. you guys are comparing apples with oranges however. It's like comparing beckenbauer to messi or pele. The roles are so different that it's uncomparable. Zidane was the best CM that ever played the game. Messi is one of the best forward to ever play the game and could become the best.

these best ever lists are all bs imo. you need to pick an area of the pitch and list the best ever players by area.

No actually Messi, Maradona and Cruyff and those in that bracket are miles ahead of Zidane and I can't take you seriously if you think otherwise.

All due respect to Zidane, like I said I love the guy and I support the rivals of the team he played for, but he's just not as good as the top, top players in history.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum