Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane?

+44
jibers
Rossoneri Ninja
gperry94
LeSwagg James
guest7
VivaStPauli
EarlyPrototype
billy_gr
Lupi
Real Kandahar
Nirgall
Red Alert
BarrileteCosmico
CrazyBoy
Casciavit
Alex10
The Sanchez
7amood11
chinomaster182
Arquitecto
Be/\/ceCALI
RealGunner
la bestia negra
Ganso
CBarca
Mamad
Collblanc
Abramovich
FennecFox7
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
REWB
FalcaoPunch
DuringTheWar
source-football
free_cat
The Franchise
futbol
LeBĂ©ninois
Harmonica
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Donuts
Beautiful Football
48 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane? - Page 6 Empty Re: Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane?

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:24 am

The Franchise wrote:Only reason Zidane was better than R9 at Madrid was because of his injuries.

Not to mention work ethic lol. But injuries took their toll on El Gordo no doubt.

As for Messi, two of his Balon D'Ors would have gone to different players if France Football were still incharge of the award.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane? - Page 6 Empty Re: Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane?

Post by Future Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:41 am

To Barcelona stans yes...... other than that *bleep* outta here... 2 ballon Dors shouldve gone to Iniesta and Xavi.....
Future
Future
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 am

Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Only reason Zidane was better than R9 at Madrid was because of his injuries.

Not to mention work ethic lol. But injuries took their toll on El Gordo no doubt.

As for Messi, two of his Balon D'Ors would have gone to different players if France Football were still incharge of the award.

Messi really surpass Ronaldo(Brazil) and Zidane? - Page 6 Tumblr_lndoy0kDly1qh0epb
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:49 pm

The Ostracised One wrote:Meh. In terms of Messi vs R9 Messi has surpassed him by quite a bit. I saw R9 all his career and quite frankly, half the people that talk about him never even saw him play at his supposed 'peak' at Barcelona and Inter. Messi is far more involved in games than R9 really ever was. Now in terms of their ceiling I would say that their 'abilities' (wtf that even means) are very close but Messi is far closer to reaching and applying his than R9 was ever close to his.

Now Messi and Zidane is tighter. Zidane was better than r9, even when R9 moved to Madrid Zidane was the best out of all of the starts there, they all said it in interviews. It was clear even when you watched the Galacticos. One thing Zidane has is his ability on the international stage. i have never witnessed a player in my life that has elevated his NT to such a level.Zidane and Messi are too different but again I will say Messi is ahead of Zidane.

Messi is consistently scoring and creating week in and week out and when he doiesnt even play well he can still have an influence on the game in peak moments (last classico, cesc assist). Zidane could sometimes go a whole game not doing anything, ( a problem I had with Laudrup as well). for the last 4 years I have never seen a player this nconsistent week in week out, and for me that is Messi's greatest feat. The only player that I would rate higher than Messi is Pele, but I have the priviledge of having 130+ santos games (downloadeds from the net but the website got taken down Sad ) A messi vs Pele thread would be far closer.

Bullshit, Even in Real madrid Ronaldo was better than Zidane.
The comparing between Ronaldo pre-injury and Zidane does not even exist.

Zidane is the most overrated player of all time with George Best.
The person like you, are fooled by its elegant game, but his contribution to the victory of his teams and has always been minimal, a player like Rivaldo was much more useful than Zidane.

Zidane in Real Madrid made only 32 assist(lol) and only 49 goals in 229 games, Ronaldo made 37 assist, and more than 100 goals in 4 years,
with thousands problems of health.

Zidane is a very overrated player, what kind of attacking midfielder is one that made only 156 goals in 798 apps and only 92 assist???
Ronaldo made more than 400 goals with a score of 0,70 and more than 130 assists

Even in the world cup Zidane has never been a big protagonsit, in 98 disappear until to the final, and the worst world cup of Ronaldo, was the best of Zidane.
Zidane has always had a great team on your side, it's never been a driver, many people think he's selling his elegant game.

Rivaldo and Zidane in wolrd cup.
Rivaldo _____________________Zidane

14 games ____________________15 games
9 goals_______________________5 goals
4 assists______________________2 assists

its noticeable that zidane gave less assists and scored less goals

some could say zidane is not a forward or attacking midfielder, but an organizer.

what kind of organizer gives only 2 assists in 15 games?

if we ignore penalties, corners and free kicks, zidane participation decrease to

ZERO ASSISTS
1 goal

in 15 games.

i'll repeat.

if we ignore penalties, corners and free kicks
zidane participation decrease to

ZERO ASSISTS and 1 goal in 15 games.

what kind of playmaker gives zero assists in 15 games?

zidane only had 2 assists, the freekick to henry, quarters 2006
and a corner to

if we ignore penalties, corners and free kicks
rivaldo participation decrease to

4 ASSISTS and 8 goals in 14 games.

i am not saying free kicks, corners and penalties are irrelevant
but its another different skill. nobody can ever be consider a genius bcoz he was a good freekick or header after corners

its just a plus.

but playmaking, and goalscoring its the most important thing for players in the position of zidane/rivaldo

BY THE WAY

what was zidane's position?

some could argue rivaldo played very much more ofensively than zidane in those 14 games

but its not true.

in 1998 rivaldo had ronaldo and bebeto upfront him

in 1998 zidane had only guivarch and djorkaeff upfront.

so its the same position

in 2006 france had

4 5 1

zidane was in the center very ofensive

while malouda and ribery would comeback a bit

Messi is on another level compared to Zidane.

But I have shown in another post that has the same goal average of the same age Ronaldo, Ronaldo played for four different teams much weaker than Barca.

Between Messi and Ronaldo the difference is not large, you may prefer Messi because he has not injury and will continue so for many years.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:51 pm

You weren't even born when Zidane was playing.

Judging Zidane by stats Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:58 pm

The real feeders of that Real were Figo, Ronaldo and Makelele. When Perez sell Makelele, Real lost his balance and was not a team, but a group of anarchists.

Zidane has never had a year in which was the strongest, In 98 the best player was Ronaldo, In 2000 the best was Figo and in 2003 the best was Nedved.

Zidane good for circus, to him i prefer Ronaldinho, spectacular but also useful

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:You weren't even born when Zidane was playing.

Judging Zidane by stats Laughing

I have seen most of the matches Zidane and I always had the impression it was not very useful to the team. I know that statistics bother, but this is the reality and does not change.

I've also heard people say that Zidane was better than Platini.

Platini was 10 times stronger and more useful than Zidane.

Messi looks like a fusion between Platini and Ronaldo.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ausi90 Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:26 pm

I respect all your opinions. But for me, It doesn't matter how many goals, assists, balon dors Messi has or will have in the future. I don't judge players by stats, trophies won and so on. I judge them based on how they play football. And for me Ronaldo is the best player I have ever seen, and I have seen him ever since he started his career, and I have seen all the other great players who came after him including Zidane and Messi. The only field Messi and Zidane can compare to Ronaldo is through their stats and throphies won.

The only player somewhat compareble to Ronaldo is Ronaldinho (IMO). He is the 2nd best player I have ever seen. I have never seen Maradona or Pele, but I'm damn sure that Ronaldo and Ronaldinho at their best would be on par with these 2 legends, if not better.

Ausi90
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6