Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ?

+42
worms
rwo power
white_star
Be/\/ceCALI
McAgger
StrugaRock
Lupi
Mamad
Clockwork Orange
dronte
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
ARIARAIDEN
Ganso
the xcx
Dutti
Beautiful Football
Onyx
7amood11
VivaStPauli
Nirgall
barca 2011
Real Kandahar
scotladd
futbol
Harmonica
FennecFox7
Albiceleste
LeBĂ©ninois
The Sanchez
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Lord Spencer
Blue Barrett
Milantildeath
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
The Franchise
Die Borussen
Vibe
Gil
Valkyrja
46 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

???

Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Vote_lcap26%Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 9 ]
Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Vote_lcap46%Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 16 ]
Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Vote_lcap28%Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 35

Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ?

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 pm

But that's the thing... i watched all these guys lol. I'm like the old man here. I'm 40.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Empty Re: Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ?

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:27 pm

The xcx wrote:Think I do know, I just dont like to dwell on history what happend in 50 years ago.
I'm going a bit off topic but I just think your statement is funny because some Madrid fans always say that, but when it comes to hyping up CL accomplishments, they speak of CLs wins that happened over 50 years ago as if they were recent. Of course I'm not saying you said that but it's just an observation.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Horleo9

ROFL.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Very Happy top 25, just behind messi bounce
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Have you guys seen this
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:01 pm

StrugaRock wrote:

Have you guys seen this
LOL, I had not seen that. A little tension there
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:03 pm

Pep, not classy man, not classy at all.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:06 pm

One of the top comments on that video says that he was apologizing for bumping into Pep.

I think that could be the case, and the video starts playing right after the bump happened just to stir up controversy. It doesn't even look like Ronaldo offered his hand.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:09 pm

Some say that Ronaldo tried to apologize to Pep for bumping in not shake his hand, but anyways Pep seems annoyed by Ronaldo's action.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Sorry double post

Last edited by StrugaRock on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 pm

For starters, the moniker "Best Player" is complete shite.

If you go that route, then GK are simply the best players since by all criteria they are the most important (try shooting at an empty goal) Laughing

So, I am just going to assume we are putting CR into an top offensive player list.

In which case, I don't think he is top 35. He is hardworking and effective, but does not have the brains to be considered one of the top. Football had too much intelligent players for CR to be considered one among the best. He is a physical monster with a strong goal record, but he doesn't add anything to the game other than his goals.

The greatest players not only are great within themselves, but make those around them better than they usually are. The biggest argument against Messi knocking the door of the greats before was not his talent, but that intangible ability. He grew up theses past two years, and really, as Mole said, he would still be considered the best (offensive) player even if it were not of his scoring record.

And for those dissing the old greats because they believe their era's were inferior, please read my post on the subject:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t27244-pele-s-superiority-and-inferiority-to-messi#788026

Also note, the SA leagues were superior to the European leagues well into the mid 80s. So the argument that Pele, Zico, Garrincha, and [insert old south American Legend] is unproven in Europe is bullshit. Also, teams were of a much closer level than today, with money not being pumped into the game as much as it is now.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:He got robbed this season though, for sure. :X
Gunpoint, when was this?

Sorry, technically he got robbed this season, because of last season - meaning: I think he should've won the Ballon d'Or; he just had the better season than Messi, if you take into account the league win and the Euros.
I'd rather Messi have gotten his 4th the next time around.

Note that I have no doubt about Messis eventual 4th Ballon, I just think Ronaldo deserved the award for his performances in 2012. Especially the 2nd part of the 11/12 season and the Euros.

Where does this myth come from. Referring to the Euros I don't think he was a standout player in his team let alone the Euros! He had one good game and I think people just assume its cr7 so he must have had a good Euros. In my opinion he did not do anything to show he had goo euros campaign. Not taking the penalty kind of seeled his faith in the Euros.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Some say that Ronaldo tried to apologize to Pep for bumping in not shake his hand, but anyways Pep seems annoyed by Ronaldo's action.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Ganso wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
Ganso wrote:Did you even watch the 1982 Brazil vs Italy ?Messi has cored 2 goals in 2 WCs, he has flopped hard.I dont care how bad his teammates are (hell they aren't even that bad,pls stop underrating Argentina),he should have been better considering he is considered a top 3 player of all time.
Messi has 1 goal, but how on earth was he a flop? If I recall correctly in 2006 he wasn't in the field when they were eliminated, and 2010 Argentina got mauled 0-4 because of the farcical defense and coach.
The excuses don't matter,bottom line is that he is yet to be a highlight in a international competition(no olympics pls) meanwhile Cruyff,Maradona and Pele were(Cruyff reached a final,Maradona won 1 and reached a final,Pele won 3).

Messi is a top 3 player of all time,but people want to ignore the fact he hasnt done shet with Argentina unlike the other greats.

Nobody is rating him as top 3 of all time except a few fanboys. How can Somone be top 3 of all time when they are still playing? He has not won anything yet and should be given a chance in the next world cup. When Pele won the world cups the Brazilian league was one of the best if not the best leagues so the Brazilians had amazing teams. Argentina in 2010 with Maradona as coach a joke so Messi can't be blamed for that. Stop comparing messi to legends when he is still playing.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Ronaldo say Pep tried to apologize to some for bumping in not shake his hand, but anyways Ronaldo seems annoyed by Pep's action.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Iker
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Best of lists need to die in a fire, there's no objective way to do it properly.
That's what I always say, especially as they are so heavily tilted towards goalscorers.

Lord Spencer wrote:For starters, the moniker "Best Player" is complete shite.

If you go that route, then GK are simply the best players since by all criteria they are the most important (try shooting at an empty goal) Laughing
:bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Mamad wrote:Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 Iker
ROFL
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:25 pm

8 pages of utter crap
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 pm

StrugaRock wrote:

Have you guys seen this

Wooooow Dat Airtime LOL

Keep walkin pal'.

Last edited by The Franchise on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:28 pm

One of the best goalscorers of all time.But nowadays he plays as a forward,not a winger or a side midfielder so he should be compared to other great forwards/strikers.It's hard though because Ronaldo is not your typical forward as in a number 9 but he is a support striker playing just off the number 9 so when he receives the ball 9/10 he is facing goal.

There are very few if any players in the history of the game who play this role as well as him but he just doesn't have the all round game to be compared to the very best like Maradona,Platini or Messi etc.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:45 am

The xcx wrote:Did you watch all of the players from their era just to prove a point? I think not, now your just typing up some random names here.

Really dani.. there's no way you've watched half of them Laughing

I've seen charlton in a few wc videos.. to say he is better then ronaldo rofl
rofl
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeAdLy CoUnTeR Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:55 am

Instead of wasting time arguing about top 30,40, etc just appreciate him for what he is as a player...

His numbers are amazing for club and he may go down as portugal's most prolific goal scorer too. i think i read some people talk about how he doesn't have as many memorable winning goals like a guy like messi does and how he's missed many important penalties and goals at times, and thats mark on his record certainly, but looking at it on another perspective, without his ability to score when it counted in la liga and champions league campaigns, his team wouldnt have even gotten to where they did...

Hes a hard working player who's done "his job" i think, and i respect him for his goal scoring ability and work ethic, certainly he will be remembered...
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
The xcx wrote:Did you watch all of the players from their era just to prove a point? I think not, now your just typing up some random names here.

rofl

I watched a couple of seasons of Charlton as well as the 1966 WC and honestly I rate him more than Ronaldo but again my personal opinion.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:35 am

Where does Cristiano Ronaldo fit in football's history ? - Page 6 83626610

dat picture. rofl

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

rofl

Says who?

You need to wake up, thisis 2013, all those players games are very available.

Charlton? I thought you and now I hadnt watched them? Which one is it? He aint better or we aint watched them?

I see you dodged that list of 20 though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next