Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas?

+11
CBarca
The Sanchez
DeviAngel
FalcaoPunch
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Be/\/ceCALI
fatman123
Onyx
Harmonica
barca 2011
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas? Empty Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas?

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:22 am

Given the 3 goals that were up for the award, I think Falcao's was definitely a more attractive goal than Stoch's (which was also a jewel). But it's not even the Colombian bias. I know it's a bit late to post this but no one else has mentioned it and I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way, because Falcao should've won that award. If you haven't seen them, take a look and be the judge:

Here's all 3 nominees and if Stoch's goal was the winner, you wonder why Falcao's goal (which was similar, but more impressive) was chosen:

barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas? Empty Re: Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas?

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:30 am

Yes, and pretty much every public poll I've seen have rated Falcao on top of Stoch. So I wonder how did he win it? Because the vote is public internet vote, there might be all kinds of foul play used.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas? Empty Re: Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas?

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeh. Falcao's was a first time overhead kick, while Stoch's was a first time volley. I think a first time overhead kick is more impressive.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Chelsea youth players :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Yes, I think Falcao should've won, but Stoch's volley was incredible as well so it's not like the award went to some crappy goal. To be fair, it's not unfair to give it to Stoch.

I also doubt Falcao will lose any sleep over this, considering his stature and status as a player vs Stoch, who is a good player but will not have nearly as many opportunities as Falcao to win future awards and prizes.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:34 pm

No and further more Falcao's goal shouldn't have been nominated in the first place.

1. It wasn't that good.

2. It was in a bloody friendly ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 pm

preferred Neymar's over both of them
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Does the friendly make a difference? I think not.
In terms of significance of goal? Yeah sure.

Quality? No. Friendly or not that goal was great.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No and further more Falcao's goal shouldn't have been nominated in the first place.

1. It wasn't that good.

2. It was in a bloody friendly ffs.
1. C'mon, that's a bit harsh, it was a nice one.

2. I'm not sure of the guidelines for this award but they must regard how nice a goal is over which type of match it was scored in.

Like Cali said, it's not like he got robbed but that's a bit much.

And will Ibra's goal be eligible next year for this award?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:45 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:Does the friendly make a difference? I think not.

Of course it does, i doubt he would try something like that when qualification or points were on the line.

Its like scoring a goal in training and it being put up for an award.

Its an utter farce, Messi's shouldn't have been nominated either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Does the criteria say that friendly goals aren't allowed and they'll be ranked lower than goals from competitive games?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Of course it does, i doubt he would try something like that when qualification or points were on the line.

Ok, then never mind Ibra's goal. I guess that one should not even be given another glance since it too was scored in a friendly.
Lol dude.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 pm

IBrahimovic should have won Smile that goal vs England .... pure class
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:04 pm

DeviAngel wrote:IBrahimovic should have won Smile that goal vs England .... pure class

I agree - if Ibra's goal made the cut and was eligible, then he should've won the award without any doubt. One of the best goals ever.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 pm

DeviAngel wrote:IBrahimovic should have won Smile that goal vs England .... pure class

This. Don't know why it didn't make the cut.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 pm

All the goals I'm sure were nominated and set by the time his goal came around. People aren't that stupid to not include it. It will probably win next years.

Stoch deserves it over Falcao IMO. Plus Falcao's goal is in a friendly ffs
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:26 pm

The Sanchez wrote:

This. Don't know why it didn't make the cut.
he scored it one day before the announcement of the nominees
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Can Ibra's goal be part of next years nominees?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Falcao was already in the Team of the year

his goal is pretty similar to the winner's one but it's a way to give an award to a less popular player, . football is not just about Ligue 1- Serie A- Liga .. ..
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 pm

where was Papiss cissé's goal ?
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 pm

CBarca wrote:All the goals I'm sure were nominated and set by the time his goal came around. People aren't that stupid to not include it. It will probably win next years.

Stoch deserves it over Falcao IMO. Plus Falcao's goal is in a friendly ffs
Ibra's goal was in a friendly too. What's your point? If falcaos doesn't deserve a shout because it was a friendly then neither would Ibra's with that logic.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:00 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Friendly or not. Players now what they are doing when they attempt an overhead kick. If its possible some players will go as far and say it was just an instinct to hit it like that.

Now in the same sense. Should Ibra's goal be included for this year's puskas? It was in a friendly right so surely by that logic it shouldn't. Because no way in hell would Ibra EVER attempt a shot like that if it wasn't a friendly...*sarcasm*
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeAdLy CoUnTeR Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:13 am

What i can't believe is that those three goals were the finalists....I can personally think of better goals from alot of players, heck more than a couple of ronaldo goals that went in from daring shots, unlike stoch's arguably fluky goal...

Between the 3 i'd have given it to neymar.

DeAdLy CoUnTeR
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:50 am

DeAdLy CoUnTeR wrote:What i can't believe is that those three goals were the finalists....I can personally think of better goals from alot of players, heck more than a couple of ronaldo goals that went in from daring shots, unlike stoch's arguably fluky goal...
Daring shots? Laughing

The dude takes hundred shots, just to get one goalie blunder.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeAdLy CoUnTeR Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 am

Harmonica wrote:
DeAdLy CoUnTeR wrote:What i can't believe is that those three goals were the finalists....I can personally think of better goals from alot of players, heck more than a couple of ronaldo goals that went in from daring shots, unlike stoch's arguably fluky goal...
Daring shots? Laughing

The dude takes hundred shots, just to get one goalie blunder.
I said daring because its not easy to score them, he tries alot and scores them because ronaldo does have a good shot.

What i ment in the end is that a shot like stoch's looks a bit fluky to me, while ronaldo scored like 3 or 4 long shots last season, one today, and all of his free kicks have that powerful effect to them as well...Wasnt implying that ronaldo's shooting is something to degrade others by, but a way of saying that i find goals like the one against...osasuna i believe it was, more impressive...Considering all the factors..

Even benzema's goal was amazing in that game...more deserving than stoch's at that, benzema is a talented striker of the ball too, scoring a bicycle kick not too long ago, and coming close in many other matches...

The importance of stoch's goal wasnt grand either i assume..I know they probably only rate the aestetics of it, but even at that i dont see how he would win it..
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next