Lex
fatman123
Kick
Adit
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what do you think?

SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" Vote_lcap46%SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 13 ]
SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" Vote_lcap54%SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 28

SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" Empty SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more"

Post by Adit Sun May 06, 2012 8:15 am

“You can only assess value on success. Like Real Madrid with Ronaldo. They’ll be saying ‘we’d have paid £160m for him with all he’s done’. At more than a goal a game he’s been a fantastic buy for them. At the time we thought £80m was not bad. Now I’m saying to myself it should have been a lot more.”

what do you think?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" Empty Re: SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more"

Post by Kick Sun May 06, 2012 8:20 am

Money Hungry SAF.

what they paid was too much, ruined the market for everyone.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" Empty Re: SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more"

Post by Adit Sun May 06, 2012 8:29 am

Like he said you can only assess the players value on success, no way ronaldo goes for like 50 mill or something,given his marketing and performance.

Shevchenko went for 35 mill 4 seasons ago. Ronaldo is a better and marketable player than say sheva or crespo etc.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun May 06, 2012 8:35 am

Kicks right it did ruin the market, chelsea were going for ribery that season and Bayern wanted 80mil for him because of the CR transfer, they even rejected a 45mil+bossingwa offer

still like adit said, in terms of marketability im sure CR merchandise sales alone have made RM alot more them 80mil
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun May 06, 2012 9:09 am

His goal-a-game stat or whatever is only applicable in La Liga. He never got those kinds of numbers here

Hell, in his best season here, he had to dive, moan, beg and cry his way to several non-existent penalties and free kicks to achieve his record
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun May 06, 2012 9:15 am

Haven't you heard of £80million Bargain, He's worth all the money and to some extent he's worth a lot more.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun May 06, 2012 9:16 am

Only applicable to laliga ? what a BS.

He had a 42 goal 2 season before coming to RM and ever heard players improving?

CR is playing striker role in RM ,he spends most of his time near penalty box and its not a surprise he scores that amount.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun May 06, 2012 9:31 am

Adit wrote:ever heard players improving?
I do. in fact, he improved so much after that 42 goal season, he came back the season after and scored less goals in more appearances Thumbs up
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun May 06, 2012 11:04 am

an 80m offer and Ferguson thought

SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" Tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400

:vagi:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Sun May 06, 2012 11:40 am

Lex wrote:His goal-a-game stat or whatever is only applicable in La Liga. He never got those kinds of numbers here

Hell, in his best season here, he had to dive, moan, beg and cry his way to several non-existent penalties and free kicks to achieve his record

He got 23 goals in 28 games in CL for Madrid. He had 16 in 55 for United. How can you deny that he has improves as a goal scorer..?
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun May 06, 2012 11:44 am

Coz he is clueless hater. Smile
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun May 06, 2012 11:59 am

I regret your existence Sir Alex.

Spoiler:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Sun May 06, 2012 12:30 pm

Lex wrote:
I do. in fact, he improved so much after that 42 goal season, he came back the season after and scored less goals in more appearances Thumbs up

If he scores more goals in a harder league, it's only logical to assume that he has improved.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun May 06, 2012 7:51 pm

fatman123 wrote: im sure CR merchandise sales alone have made RM alot more them 80mil

In the first season alone.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Lex wrote:
SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" You-must-be-stupid-or-joking-thumb
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sun May 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Cris' transfer fee was worth the marketing dollars alone. Paid for himself by April of his first year with the club.

Uncle Flo :bow:
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sun May 06, 2012 8:46 pm

better than torres' amount for sure

but then, money went wasted on players like bebe...lol
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 07, 2012 12:15 am

Giggity5313 wrote:SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" You-must-be-stupid-or-joking-thumb
Or logical. Something not a lot of Madrid fans seem to appreciate (or understand)
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon May 07, 2012 12:19 am

hrealmadrid wrote:Cris' transfer fee was worth the marketing dollars alone. Paid for himself by April of his first year with the club.

Uncle Flo :bow:
Yeah got to hand it to him, Uncle Flo knows how to do business..His football iq is as big as ant tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon May 07, 2012 1:08 am

hmm I dont get how people can bash ferguson and hail CR7 , if not anything he(Manchester United ) who spent 17m at first place to get him . D o you thing Real Madrid would have bought him and make him to be the player that he is???
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon May 07, 2012 1:13 am

I don't see how much more it could have been considering it's already an insane ammount and the current transfer record.

He probably could have squeezed off a few more mill, though... Uncle Flo knew his worth.

As in, economical worth :vagi:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon May 07, 2012 1:15 am

Lex wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:SAF- "I regret selling Ronaldo for 80 mill,it shouldve been alot more" You-must-be-stupid-or-joking-thumb
Or logical. Something not a lot of Madrid fans seem to appreciate (or understand)
ronaldo had 48 apps in his best season for man utd, scoring 42 goals. in real madrid, he had 35 apps, 13 less, but scored 32 goals.

His last 2 seasons have been record breaking, scoring more goals then all of his manutd days combined
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon May 07, 2012 1:46 am

CR's current economical worth can only be tapped by Madrid though. No other team can make as much money off its players as much as Madrid, primarily due to being the club with one of the largest and diverse fanbases in the world.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon May 07, 2012 2:11 am

kiranr wrote:
CR's current economical worth can only be tapped by Madrid though. No other team can make as much money off its players as much as Madrid, primarily due to being the club with one of the largest and diverse fanbases in the world.
really? I thought barcelona was.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon May 07, 2012 2:16 am

Nameless wrote:
kiranr wrote:
really? I thought barcelona was.

Not yet, but i admire your vision for Barcelona. With the way Barcelona's stock is rising among the young generation and consistent trophies, they will overtake Madrid very soon.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next