Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas?

+11
CBarca
The Sanchez
DeviAngel
FalcaoPunch
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Be/\/ceCALI
fatman123
Onyx
Harmonica
barca 2011
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas?

Post by DeAdLy CoUnTeR Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 am

Harmonica wrote:
DeAdLy CoUnTeR wrote:What i can't believe is that those three goals were the finalists....I can personally think of better goals from alot of players, heck more than a couple of ronaldo goals that went in from daring shots, unlike stoch's arguably fluky goal...
Daring shots? Laughing

The dude takes hundred shots, just to get one goalie blunder.
I said daring because its not easy to score them, he tries alot and scores them because ronaldo does have a good shot.

What i ment in the end is that a shot like stoch's looks a bit fluky to me, while ronaldo scored like 3 or 4 long shots last season, one today, and all of his free kicks have that powerful effect to them as well...Wasnt implying that ronaldo's shooting is something to degrade others by, but a way of saying that i find goals like the one against...osasuna i believe it was, more impressive...Considering all the factors..

Even benzema's goal was amazing in that game...more deserving than stoch's at that, benzema is a talented striker of the ball too, scoring a bicycle kick not too long ago, and coming close in many other matches...

The importance of stoch's goal wasnt grand either i assume..I know they probably only rate the aestetics of it, but even at that i dont see how he would win it..

DeAdLy CoUnTeR
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does anyone else feel that Falcao shouldve won the Puskas?

Post by CrazyBoy Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 am

Cisse scored one of the best goals I have seen last season and he was not even selected, this award is frace anyways.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:34 am

DeAdLy CoUnTeR wrote:What i ment in the end is that a shot like stoch's looks a bit fluky to me, while ronaldo scored like 3 or 4 long shots last season, one today, and all of his free kicks have that powerful effect to them as well...Wasnt implying that ronaldo's shooting is something to degrade others by, but a way of saying that i find goals like the one against...osasuna i believe it was, more impressive...Considering all the factors..

I don't get what you mean when you say Stoch's looks "fluky" . You're saying it's a fluke? I mean, any of these wonder-goals could be considered a fluke because they're really nice goals and none were easy to score.

Maybe you mean it's because Stoch isn't a superstar like the other candidates were? if so, that's true, but it takes some real quality, technique, and precise timing to execute a one-time volley like that, and keep it on target from that distance, with that kind of power and trajectory.

He is still a talented player - Fenerbahce is not a small club by any means! It was an impressive goal - I play football regularly and for me, a volley like that one (especially considering the distance from goal, speed at which the ball was coming at him, and little time to position and execute) is no easier to pull off than an overhead kick. To me this goal was worthy of the award among the other candidates.

I completely forgot about Cisse's goal vs chelsea. That goal should have been it for sure! incredible goal - a goal like that not only should've won the Puskás award, but also go on a show like Mythbusters because Cisse defied physics that day. Jaw-dropping goal. Shocked

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:23 am

CrazyBoy wrote:Cisse scored one of the best goals I have seen last season and he was not even selected, this award is frace anyways.
But lets just say, hypothetically that Cisse's goal would have been scored in a pre-season friendly instead of in a league game. Would that make you not even consider it since it was only a friendly?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeAdLy CoUnTeR Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:01 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
DeAdLy CoUnTeR wrote:What i ment in the end is that a shot like stoch's looks a bit fluky to me, while ronaldo scored like 3 or 4 long shots last season, one today, and all of his free kicks have that powerful effect to them as well...Wasnt implying that ronaldo's shooting is something to degrade others by, but a way of saying that i find goals like the one against...osasuna i believe it was, more impressive...Considering all the factors..

I don't get what you mean when you say Stoch's looks "fluky" . You're saying it's a fluke? I mean, any of these wonder-goals could be considered a fluke because they're really nice goals and none were easy to score.

Maybe you mean it's because Stoch isn't a superstar like the other candidates were? if so, that's true, but it takes some real quality, technique, and precise timing to execute a one-time volley like that, and keep it on target from that distance, with that kind of power and trajectory.

He is still a talented player - Fenerbahce is not a small club by any means! It was an impressive goal - I play football regularly and for me, a volley like that one (especially considering the distance from goal, speed at which the ball was coming at him, and little time to position and execute) is no easier to pull off than an overhead kick. To me this goal was worthy of the award among the other candidates.

I completely forgot about Cisse's goal vs chelsea. That goal should have been it for sure! incredible goal - a goal like that not only should've won the Puskás award, but also go on a show like Mythbusters because Cisse defied physics that day. Jaw-dropping goal. Shocked

Well if you look at the goal, he measures it and scores it but what i mean by fluke is that its so hard to score and point out that goal and considering that im pretty sure he hasnt scored all too many after that, thats what i define as a fluke..Something i wouldnt define with messi with long dribbling goals, or even neymar, or ronaldo long shots, because they often pull off similar goals year long, thats what i ment with it.. It was a one time strike hit perfectly and i commend him for that, but im more impressed by people who do it more "regularly", personally.
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
DeAdLy CoUnTeR
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2