SamuelJayC
Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
REWB
55 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 am

I think the difference is Arsenal usually dont give such wages to that level of player. Walcott is good, dont get me wrong, but 90 something is no joke. Especially as Arsenal have come across as reluctant to do that.

That being said, you did the right thing overall probably.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

https://twitter.com/dartfordgooner/status/292397780830404608/photo/1

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 20 123n7r
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:07 am

AnJl wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:
AnJl wrote:

Stop it. Just freaking stop it.

Leg shattered in two places. Foot hanging by his freaking sock.

Needs more than 8 - 9 months to get back onto the pitch, to heal the muscle and bone.

Forget that, his mental state is also *bleep*. Even if he makes it on the pitch, he will think twice before jumping into a tackle, or will have his eye in two places as he runs with the ball.

To top that off, he misses out on nearly 9 months of training. 9 months of learning.

So stop it.

Oh and to top that off, when he did come back, he was playing pretty well till he burned himself out.

See (not so) old videos of Ramsey, that is the man we signed. This guy is slowly making his way up. You have to be blind to not see it.

Diaby faced the same thing and is unable to stand on his own two feet without falling apart, Eduardo was never the same player again after that injury, it took him ages to find his form, out of which he had to move to a lesser league to even find that form (though change in formation was also the problem).

And to top that off, his position is not a winger. Lets get that clear.

He.

Is.

Not.

A.

Winger.

Let us see Jack play in that role and see how well he does.

The fact the he is playing on the wings means that AW thinks he isn't fit to play his so called natural position, and he came back and played in october of the same year, these are the facts whether you want to look at them or not.

So, because he isnt fir to play his so called natural position, you play him in a completely different role, which requires a different set of skills and mindset, a role that isnt even in his more comfortable section of the pitch.

Bri.lli.ant.
If he isnt good enough to play his position, then why the *bleep* is he still on the team.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Either way, this is a situation Arsenal can't win in. They could've refused to pay high wages and let Walcott walk, which would've resulted in widespread criticism and discontent amongst the fans and probably the players, too. Now that they've decided they will pay Walcott high wages and have managed to keep him, we've got people saying that we're paying him too much, that we've caved in to Walcott's demands, etc.

If you think about it, Arsenal won not Theo imo. We can sell him in 2 years and get our money back plus the wages we have paid him, so this way both can be happy. I am sure, Wenger thought we could lose him for free or we can pay what he wants and sell him for a lot of money in a year or 2.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:17 am

I am sorry but Ramsey is just not good enough for Arsenal, the best thing to do is loan him out. His weekly wages might be a huge problem though.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I am sorry but Ramsey is just not good enough for Arsenal, the best thing to do is loan him out. His weekly wages might be a huge problem though.

Key distinction is that it can be argued that he's not good enough yet. I have little patience with people who are so impatient with him Razz
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:44 am

MJGunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:I am sorry but Ramsey is just not good enough for Arsenal, the best thing to do is loan him out. His weekly wages might be a huge problem though.

Key distinction is that it can be argued that he's not good enough yet. I have little patience with people who are so impatient with him Razz

We have no choice but to support him, he is an Arsenal player and we must stand by all our players.

He needs game time and I not sure if he would get enough it if we do sign players this window and in the summer.

Best option a loan move for Ramsey.

Swansea.
Fulham.
Everton.

Liverpool. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am

MJGunner wrote:

Ramsey is often judged with a harshness as if he were a 28-year-old unjustly stealing a position in the squad at a title-winning club, not a 22-year-old who missed through injury a year of his development at a club in the midst of hectic, constant "rebuilding." I'm not blind to his current shortcomings, I hardly think he's put in a lot of world-beating performances this season or last spring ... but geez. Just a little common patience is exactly what is called for, like MJGunner says.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:50 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Best option a loan move for Ramsey.

Swansea.
Fulham.
Everton.

Liverpool. eco smile
This is kind of a tangent from your point but lately I've been thinking all sorts of young Arsenal players should try a spell at Swansea ... could do Frimpong, Coquelin, Yennaris, etc., some good maybe, if they have long-term futures at Arsenal.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Plus, he's been pretty good lately. Just throwing that out there Rolling Eyes
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:09 pm

Chumlum wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Best option a loan move for Ramsey.

Swansea.
Fulham.
Everton.

Liverpool. eco smile
This is kind of a tangent from your point but lately I've been thinking all sorts of young Arsenal players should try a spell at Swansea ... could do Frimpong, Coquelin, Yennaris, etc., some good maybe, if they have long-term futures at Arsenal.

Fully Agree, best place for them.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 pm

I think Coquelin is first team material, loan spell not necessary

Ffs if that scrub Phil Jones can get game time for Man Yoooou, then Coq is a shoe in for us
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Lex wrote:I think Coquelin is first team material, loan spell not necessary

Ffs if that scrub Phil Jones can get game time for Man Yoooou, then Coq is a shoe in for us

But will he sit on the bench though?

He wont get much playing time with us.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Lex wrote:I think Coquelin is first team material, loan spell not necessary

I think he's good, maybe has a solid future at Arsenal, but wonder why Wenger hasn't played him a little more this season. I know midfield signings are exciting and probably necessary but part of me really just hopes that Coquelin & Frimpong explode into that next level & end up rocking 2013 and establish themselves as long-term senior squad options.

BTW what do people think about the rumored possibility that Götze is the £30m bid? Seems both as exciting to imagine and as unlikely to happen as Cavani.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 pm

That is certainly the new twitter target.

But as far fetched as Cavani lol unfortunately.

At this point i would take Diame and Obafemi Martins and move on tbf Razz
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Apparently the Goetze thing started when someone tweeted that some of the Arsenal staff are going to Germany as we speak

But they are going there for the Kit deal and not any players.

That's twitter for you Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:56 pm

Can't spell Twitter without "twit" lol
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:Apparently the Goetze thing started when someone tweeted that some of the Arsenal staff are going to Germany as we speak

next we will hear tweets that the reason they are going there for a kit deal is to raise funds for a splash on falcao lol
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adoptiongunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:15 pm

AnJl wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:
Chumlum wrote:

Hah. Don't you know he's awful and not fit to wear the Arsenal shirt cuz (1) he suffered a horrific injury, (2) was then asked to fill the practically unfillable boots of Cesc until he burned out after a few months, and (3) he's often played out of natural position (as if it's his fault). Plus (4) he slows down play by overcomplicating things. But god forbid a 22-year-old with great commitment & mentality still shows he has some things to learn about the game. hmm
He messes with the spacing by not playing the position Wenger wants him to, and that injury was almost 3 years ago, so the injury is no excuse, and look at Jack, he came back from an injury that kept him out of the team for a long time and he has played great, were as Ramsey has looked like he would struggle to make the team at QPR.

Needs more than 8 - 9 months to get back onto the pitch, to heal the muscle and bone.

Forget that, his mental state is also *bleep*. Even if he makes it on the pitch, he will think twice before jumping into a tackle, or will have his eye in two places as he runs with the ball.

To top that off, he misses out on nearly 9 months of training. 9 months of learning.

So stop it.

Oh and to top that off, when he did come back, he was playing pretty well till he burned himself out.

See (not so) old videos of Ramsey, that is the man we signed. This guy is slowly making his way up. You have to be blind to not see it.

Diaby faced the same thing and is unable to stand on his own two feet without falling apart, Eduardo was never the same player again after that injury, it took him ages to find his form, out of which he had to move to a lesser league to even find that form (though change in formation was also the problem).

He.

Is.

Not.

A.

Winger.

Thumbs up
adoptiongunner
adoptiongunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by adoptiongunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:That is certainly the new twitter target.

But as far fetched as Cavani lol unfortunately.

At this point i would take Diame and Obafemi Martins and move on tbf Razz
Oba what?
that guy could not make Nigeria team even if he was free i wont sign him
adoptiongunner
adoptiongunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Artilleristen wrote:
AnJl wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:
He messes with the spacing by not playing the position Wenger wants him to, and that injury was almost 3 years ago, so the injury is no excuse, and look at Jack, he came back from an injury that kept him out of the team for a long time and he has played great, were as Ramsey has looked like he would struggle to make the team at QPR.

So stop it.

He.

Is.

Not.

A.

Winger.

The fact the he is playing on the wings means that AW thinks he isn't fit to play his so called natural position, and he came back and played in october of the same year, these are the facts whether you want to look at them or not.
from reading many of the posts here, it looks like Wenger is trying to convert Ramsey into a winger.. Laughing he plays him there because we have better central midfielders atm.. Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla and Diaby have more specific roles.. Who would you drop for Ramsey ? But Wenger knows his talent and does not want him rot on bench waiting for cup matches or injuries.. So he is occasionally played in the wings where there is more chances because of Gervinho flopping and Walcotts minor injuries.. It doesnt mean Wenger sees his future there.. He expects him to play his natural game and have an impact on the game like what Cashri or Benayoun had.. But it is not easy for everyone.. Rosicky is so good centrally but he couldnt manage the same in the wings.. So Wenger is not screwing Ramsey, instead he is giving him more oppertunities to play than ballwatch on the bench..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:I think the difference is Arsenal usually dont give such wages to that level of player. Walcott is good, dont get me wrong, but 90 something is no joke. Especially as Arsenal have come across as reluctant to do that.

That being said, you did the right thing overall probably.
i am not a big fan of Walcott or his game.. But the fact that we have spend lot of money and years of patience on him.. And finally when it is starting to pay back we cant leave him for reasons as silly as 10 or 20k especially when we have lost many players under similar circumstances.. Walcott is nowhere good to deserve 100k according to our wage system.. I wont mind selling him if we could find good quality replacements without spending too high.. But knowing us, i am happy that we have hold on to a decent player instead of buying another kid and waiting for him to develop.. But the most irritating thing i see is playing him as CF.. Now that he has signed, hope we shift him back to his RW which is the only position on earth he can play.. Evil or Very Mad
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Either way, this is a situation Arsenal can't win in. They could've refused to pay high wages and let Walcott walk, which would've resulted in widespread criticism and discontent amongst the fans and probably the players, too. Now that they've decided they will pay Walcott high wages and have managed to keep him, we've got people saying that we're paying him too much, that we've caved in to Walcott's demands, etc.

If you think about it, Arsenal won not Theo imo. We can sell him in 2 years and get our money back plus the wages we have paid him, so this way both can be happy. I am sure, Wenger thought we could lose him for free or we can pay what he wants and sell him for a lot of money in a year or 2.
Lol.. May be..
We desperately brainwash and sign him.. His performances keep improving but still we dont win anything.. Finally he says he wants to go and we sell him for big money.. That business model..:bow:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:54 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Apparently the Goetze thing started when someone tweeted that some of the Arsenal staff are going to Germany as we speak

next we will hear tweets that the reason they are going there for a kit deal is to raise funds for a splash on falcao lol

I wonder what the difference in kit deals are between a 6th place team with the ambition of a top 4 finish and a top team built to challenge for silverware. Anyone think the difference would be enough to pay the wages of a WC CF?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:20 pm

Those calling Ramsey to be loaned are a bit too harsh .

He doesnt need anymore experience, he just needs right instructions and Imo he should play alongside Wilshere in a deeper role.

Ramsey is quality.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:52 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Arsenal-a-l-offensive-sur-thauvin/343596

5 mil bid for Florian Thauvin, the 20 year old AM of Bastia. He's been offered by Lille and Newcastle.

Nice little player that can become really good with time. Already has an impact in Ligue 1.

These are the type of rumors that actually have a chance of happening lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next