SamuelJayC
Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
REWB
55 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:33 pm

"The Spanish press" (i.e. probably just Twitter?) saying Spurs & Arsenal are interested in Negredo.

As long as Walcott signs a new deal I can't see the club going after an out-and-out central striker this window (at least not one over the age of 21). Either a winger or a versatile forward. Or nobody.

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:43 pm

Chumlum wrote:"The Spanish press" (i.e. probably just Twitter?) saying Spurs & Arsenal are interested in Negredo.

As long as Walcott signs a new deal I can't see the club going after an out-and-out central striker this window (at least not one over the age of 21). Either a winger or a versatile forward. Or nobody.

Its a lie, they making this up because Negredo said he likes to play in EPL, and everyone thinks its Arsenal and Spuds.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:53 pm

You said:

"Why is using Arshavin as an example of a big name failing "weak"? It's what he is. He came in, gave us about six month of world class stuff, then declined over the next couple of seasons to the point where he's not even involved in the first team squad any more. Despite being a big name when he arrived, he did not remain one for longer than a season and a half at most.

As you say, commitment can only be judged over a period of time. It's the same when judging how good the signing has been. This renders the name and reputation of a plhayer completely irrelevant. A big name could come in and prove to be not as good as thought and no where near as interested as people want him to be. A unknown player could come in and prove to be quality and hard working on the pitch. It could be the other way around. The point is, you can only judge players for the skills they possess and whether they can apply those skills for your club. The name or reputation, in the end, means nothing
"

It's a shame you're completely missing the point I'm making entirely. So you're implying that because Arshavin flopped, signing big names isn't always going to work? You do realise that Wenger completely avoids big names hence why he persists with signing players like Santos, Chamakh, Park and continuing to put faith in players like Diaby etc. Arsenal are not in a position to sign shit player or lesser known players anymore. It's proven time and time again that we can't get within striking distance of Chelsea, Utd & City with them - thus why persist with the like of say McCarthy etc?!

No shit Sherlock, yes we could end up with a clueless Torres on our payroll, yet, as we never get anywhere those kind of players, we're hardly in a position to talk hypothetical situations that may arise if we spend £25-£30m on a guy who turns out to be shit. Statistically, the more a team posses top of the range players, the more likely they're to be successful or at least challenging.

Some people completely disregard the fact that we're sitting on a pot of cold yet they're willing to entertain the possibility of signing a good player from a poor team. How about signing a good player from a good team?

Last edited by SUPERCARTTS on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:02 pm

We wont sign any until after Man city game, if we tie or win, no player will come in.

If we lose Wenger might think about buying a 17 year old.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:41 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:You said:

"Why is using Arshavin as an example of a big name failing "weak"? It's what he is. He came in, gave us about six month of world class stuff, then declined over the next couple of seasons to the point where he's not even involved in the first team squad any more. Despite being a big name when he arrived, he did not remain one for longer than a season and a half at most.

As you say, commitment can only be judged over a period of time. It's the same when judging how good the signing has been. This renders the name and reputation of a plhayer completely irrelevant. A big name could come in and prove to be not as good as thought and no where near as interested as people want him to be. A unknown player could come in and prove to be quality and hard working on the pitch. It could be the other way around. The point is, you can only judge players for the skills they possess and whether they can apply those skills for your club. The name or reputation, in the end, means nothing
"

It's a shame you're completely missing the point I'm making entirely. So you're implying that because Arshavin flopped, signing big names isn't always going to work? You do realise that Wenger completely avoids big names hence why he persists with signing players like Santos, Chamakh, Park and continuing to put faith in players like Diaby etc. Arsenal are not in a position to sign shit player or lesser known players anymore. It's proven time and time again that we can't get within striking distance of Chelsea, Utd & City with them - thus why persist with the like of say McCarthy etc?!

No shit Sherlock, yes we could end up with a clueless Torres on our payroll, yet, as we never get anywhere those kind of players, we're hardly in a position to talk hypothetical situations that may arise if we spend £25-£30m on a guy who turns out to be shit. Statistically, the more a team posses top of the range players, the more likely they're to be successful or at least challenging.

Some people completely disregard the fact that we're sitting on a pot of cold yet they're willing to entertain the possibility of signing a good player from a poor team. How about signing a good player from a good team?

i agree with cartts on this one
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Arsenal Trend ‏@ArsenalTrend

24days ago RT @ArsenalTrend Sagna close to a new deal, Arsenal willing to give d defender a 2yr contract extension & improved wages
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:40 pm

So no news about incomming yet? Seems like Arsene and Arsenal have gone to thier sleep mode once again.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:47 pm

djoe26 wrote:So no news about incomming yet? Seems like Arsene and Arsenal have gone to thier sleep mode once again.

We have no money, how are we going to buy when we have not sold any top player yet and spend half of that money to buy the next Santos. rofl

The good news is we have A DIABY for few games probably. Suspect
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:59 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:It's a shame you're completely missing the point I'm making entirely. So you're implying that because Arshavin flopped, signing big names isn't always going to work?

Where have I said that Arshavin flopping means big names won't work? I used him as an example that a big name can fall short of expectations, and therefore no different from any other type of player.

You do realise that Wenger completely avoids big names hence why he persists with signing players like Santos, Chamakh, Park and continuing to put faith in players like Diaby etc. Arsenal are not in a position to sign shit player or lesser known players anymore. It's proven time and time again that we can't get within striking distance of Chelsea, Utd & City with them - thus why persist with the like of say McCarthy etc?!

Wenger avoids the big names because they're too expensive for him. Note that I do not agree with Wenger on that policy and have said so several times.

Of course Arsenal can't sign "shit" players. I'm certainly not advocating we do. But the reason why we can't get back to a title winning level is because we don't sign enough good players and always rely on average or injury prone players. How many times have our seasons be derailed because of a lack of depth in the squad? Or because one setback has caused a criss in confidence?

Go back and look at the 07/08 squad that finished four points off winning the title and tell me how many big name players we signed to create that squad. Or how about the 10/11 squad which was matching Man United stride for stride until the Carling Cup final?

"Top of the range players" can come from a variety of sources: an already established player, a player from your own academy, a young player from abroad or a lesser known players. Knowing this, why should we be so dismissive of players like James McCarthy?

Again, I have said many times I'm not opposed to splashing the cash to get established players in. I simply don't believe we can dismiss other players based on the belief that we need top line players and nothing less.

In any case, there are several factors that go into a successful squad. Having the players is obviously a big one, but how about a manager who can get the best out of them and keep them motivated for a season? That's something Wenger has failed to do. How about a good medical team, trainers, practices and routines that can keep the players fit and healthy? That's something we've lacked, too. It's not just a lack of "big names" that has prevented us from getting back on a higher level. What good is any player, big name or not, if he's injured?

Why should it matter where the player comes from? Does playing for a poor team automatically make you not good enough? I don't see why it should. It's certainly not James McCarthy's fault that Wigan are struggling every year.

I will clarify something here and say that if there are established top players that we could realistically sign, then we should sign them. They would always be my preference over the not-so-established players. But let's not look down on those guys just because their name doesn't make us fear them, or because the team they play for is not that good.

I look at this Arsenal squad now and see that it has good players, but the system in place isn't maximising the talents of those players. I also see a lack of depth and one too many average players. I see an imbalance in midfield.

How can we solve those issues? Mohammed Diame could solve our midfield imbalance issue. Is he a top name? Not really. How much would he cost? £3.7mil.

Etienne Capoue is another. A top name? Not really. Not yet, anyway. Top price? Cited to be around £10mil. That's about par for what we generally pay for players.

We shouldn't be so narrow-minded about the players we can and should sign.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:23 pm

I agree, but where are those players? it has been 10 days now.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Who knows? The club seems to be focusing too much on the Walcott deal, but even that is taking an age to wrap up.

I'm sure the club has its targets are is working on deals, but it is discouraging that we seemingly aren't close to signing anybody right now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:41 pm

AnonymousFC ‏@AnonymousFC0

Tottenham Hotspur are in talks with Sevilla over the signing of Álvaro Negredo. #AnonymousFC

-------------
I hope he is just making it up like most of his other bullshit.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Jay The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 37329810
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Who knows? The club seems to be focusing too much on the Walcott deal, but even that is taking an age to wrap up.

I'm sure the club has its targets are is working on deals, but it is discouraging that we seemingly aren't close to signing anybody right now.

The Dutch, German and Spanish market is full of players that would fit our budget and would love to join us but we still stock on Theo.
Theo should have been delt with long time ago. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:Jay The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 37329810

Sevilla have to sell. Sad

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:52 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Jay The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 37329810

Sevilla have to sell. Sad

They have to sell and we need one. hmm

I swear if he goes to Spuds, I will go crazy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:13 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Who knows? The club seems to be focusing too much on the Walcott deal, but even that is taking an age to wrap up.

Its frustrating that we still havnt manage to renew his contract. I know Walcott wanted to play striker but Arsenal has taken and still taking thier time to renew his contract.

djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:30 pm

What's the latest on M'Vila...? We really need a DM. Looks like many gooners don't get that, especially on twitter. It should be our top priority.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

I agree, but where are those players? it has been 10 days now.

Clubs have to want to sell you know?

People act like these transfers are a one way thing, I'm sure Wenger would want all his targets sorted by now.

Clubs will not sell their prized assets easily and the player will want to asses his options.

I see this all the time on the Newcastle forum( which is worse because we have actually signed someone Laughing ) but signing players isn't a one way thing and the player and club in question actually have to want it to happen.

Stay patient and if the window closes and you have nobody then by all means complain but while the window is open lots of things can happen and not really in your control.

I doubt Wenger is sitting in his office like this.....

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 3 WengerArsene_happy480

Also don't compare yourselves to City and Chelsea, they are in a different world to everyone else in this league financially.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Also don't compare yourselves to City and Chelsea, they are in a different world to everyone else in this league financially.

We are actually in a different place than everyone else with Wengers socialist wage scale dispersing valuable resources to players with so little quality that they will never see the pitch. Then not having another club anywhere in the world that is stupid enough to purchase the players since the wages are so bad.

Wengers answer to manchiity and cheesey over paying star players to get and keep them. Is to over pay our dead wood that have no chance of playing and we have no chance of getting rid of.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:32 pm

I agree with your concern about the wage bill but whats done is done....

You can't go back and change those foolish mistakes and i'm sure Wenger would go back in time and change his mistakes if he could.

Crux of the argument is that everyone in this window ( who isn't sugar daddy backed) will struggle to buy its just the way it is.

Its not just the buying club that is involved in these transfers but the selling club, the player and agents put all 4 of these interested parties into the pot and you get what you are seeing....

I'm pretty sure Wenger is trying to strengthen, its not as easy as it seems you have to deal with 3 different parties to get deals done just look at how little deals have been done so far.

Sturridge and Debuchy was done before the window opened and Ba had a release clause so there really isn't much negotiating to be done.

Be patient and i'm sure come Feb 1st you will have new players to talk about.

Too much negativity around this place at the moment, there's only 10 days gone and only 3 big transfers across the league have been done.

Things will happen.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:51 pm

Sevilla president flies to London to discuss selling Alvaro Negredo

What's more, today the president of Sevilla confirmed he was travelling to London to negotiate Negredo's sale. Which club is unknown, but the most likely candidates would be Arsenal or Spurs.

The Premier League is a great competition, I really like it and I think my style of football would be well-suited to it,’

‘There comes a time when a cycle comes to an end and I don’t know whether my time will be sooner or later. I haven’t thought about it a lot but I wouldn’t mind playing abroad.’

‘I’ve spoken to the guys playing in England, mainly when we were together at Euro 2012 because we had a lot of free time, I spoke to Mata and Torres and I know they really enjoy it.
‘They have a different way of experiencing football over there compared with Spain. The players say it is easier to go out and about there. Here, it is quite difficult to leave the house but they say there is not as much scrutiny in England, and I like that.’

I am sure Agent Cazorla has been calling him. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Memz Dogi ‏@Memz_Dogi

Gazidis and Dick Law have both been to Spain and Germany within the last few days working on deals.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Memz Dogi ‏@Memz_Dogi

Fenerbahçe had agreed a deal with Arsenal to take André Santos back to Turkey. Santos not willing to move as he would have to take a pay cut :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Memz Dogi ‏@Memz_Dogi

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is considering sending Carl Jenkinson out on loan, but the defender has rejected a switch to Crystal Palace

Why not send Ramsey? Clubber
-------------------------------

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Memz Dogi ‏@Memz_Dogi

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is considering sending Carl Jenkinson out on loan, but the defender has rejected a switch to Crystal Palace

Why not send Ramsey? Clubber
-------------------------------

Finding someone that would be willing to pick up his wages would be problematic.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next