B-Mac
The Franchise
Onyx
58 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Xbox Thread

Post by RealGunner Fri May 24, 2013 7:49 pm

PS4 was ridiculed the same way Mole. There were tons of parody videos out there criticising them.

Like you said, this was the same thing when Wii U was announced. Same thing different console.

Wait for E3 and things will be much more clear

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri May 24, 2013 8:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:PS4 was ridiculed the same way Mole. There were tons of parody videos out there criticising them.

Like you said, this was the same thing when Wii U was announced. Same thing different console.

Wait for E3 and things will be much more clear

Do you mean the ps3? I don't remember much ps4 backlash tbh. Most seemed positive.

The ps3 ridiculing though, and the wiiu was completely deserved. The ps3 was a 600$ paper weight for about 2 years. And I've had the WiiU since launch and after you finish Mario Bros. and Nintendo land there is really almost nothing else to play.

But eventually the ps3 got it together and became a great console BECAUSE of the ridicule and the complaints, sony was forced to fix what people did not like about the console, and once they did people loved it. Similar things have happened with the wiiU, a lot of people complained about its OS and a lot of its functions and nintendo went to work on making the system faster, etc. And many reasons the wiiU probably is the way it is was nintendo answering to complaints about the original wii (lack of HD, online functionality, games, third party support) which Nintendo seems to be making right. Hasn't quite yet but seem to be headed in that direction.

You just have to assume the worst sometimes, because there is still time to where if a lot of these really bad rumored policies are true now, if MS hears enough backlash about them maybe they will change them by the time the system is out. People have to make sure they don't try and pull any of that stuff because absolutely no one benefits from it but microsoft.

But anyhow sorry if I sounded like a dbag mole, thats cool if youre excited and I wish I could share the same enthusiam but I can't find it in me to do so. (and if im jumping the gun and need to wait for e3 then I think its fair to say we should have to wait till e3 before calling a console with only a handful of officially announced games and no certain price/ official policies details, to fly off the shelves and be the next blockbuster Wii like success Razz )

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Fri May 24, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Wait till E3 to make up for a lackluster reveal :bow:
General consensus everywhere is that many were disappointed with the reveal.

Plus MS did a terrible job handling rumors/doing a terrible job shooting them down. Most expected E3 to help the Wii U, who to most was disappointing, but MS?

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri May 24, 2013 9:46 pm

MS and Sony are having it easy ... Wii U is the one that got bashed and shat on the most , but they are doing better lately in spite of all the fest ... i expect them to show a lot of first party games at e3 and on the nintendo direct , wich will probably boost their sales ... they're my dark horse of this generation Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 24, 2013 11:48 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:Wait till E3 to make up for a lackluster reveal :bow:
General consensus everywhere is that many were disappointed with the reveal.

Plus MS did a terrible job handling rumors/doing a terrible job shooting them down. Most expected E3 to help the Wii U, who to most was disappointing, but MS?

Definitely agree and also people are disappointed with the reveal because they went in with over the top expectations.

MS said before hand they would leave the games to E3 but people still expected games lol.

Also RG i know Sony was ridiculed but as they say time heals all wounds.

And despite the anger and frustration right now, if they do what they are saying they are going to do.... aka show loads of games then it will be forgotten.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri May 24, 2013 11:59 pm

New super smash bros and I'm sold to the Wii U.... if there's a price drop :coffee:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 25, 2013 6:55 pm

So effing disappointed. It's always around the third console that companies think they are God's gift to gaming.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat May 25, 2013 7:18 pm

The main reason I was disappointed overall by the Xbox presentation, was the lack of actual gameplay. This could have been neutralized if I knew before I started watching that they would focus 95 % on everything else but Xbox exclusives and gameplay.

During the show they said they would target E3 for the games, so I understood now that I would have to wait, and take it for what it actually was; a presentatin of the box itself, and all that classic brag about history, innovation, future plans, changing the industry for ever yada yada...

But then... after the show, I saw PS fanboys conquering the internet forums all over the world and taking the piss, saying "PS4 is for gaming" like it was the smartest line you'd ever come across. I just predict we will see games being played pretty much exactly the same as last generation, with minimal differences, and if any, Xbox wont have many complaints. Some of the brightest men on the planet works for MS, they cant just throw some garbage out there for the critics to take a piss at.

And Guess what people, nearly all games will be made for both of the consoles. How much FPS difference do you actually think we will possibly see? If PS can brag about having a better console, I think the pressure is on them having to deliver better FPS on every game, and I dont know if it will be even noticable, as developers will probably play it nice, specially when creating their first games to the new consoles.

Only thing I would like to add about backwards compatibility is when the new GTA arrives, I would have preferred to play it on the new consoles instead. Sad
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat May 25, 2013 8:37 pm

FPS ? If devs take advantage of PS4 power , both consoles could play bf4 at 50fps , but sony's version will be even more detalized .... I don't really care tho , we'll see how they fare after a couple of years , at the beggining devs will play it safe because they are still realeasing current-gen games simoultaneously ....
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat May 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Perhaps it is possible to download a language pack for the Kinect after a while, that would make it interesting.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun May 26, 2013 3:41 pm

The amount of universal hate this system is getting. Shocked

Neogaf (the largest gaming community on the internet) pretty much all hate it. Microsoft should be worried.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 26, 2013 3:51 pm

RED wrote:The amount of universal hate this system is getting. Shocked

Neogaf (the largest gaming community on the internet) pretty much all hate it. Microsoft should be worried.

Meh i'm pretty sure they know that gamers are as fickle as football fans Laughing

Show the games and people will quickly change their minds.

Even if they deny it now they will.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun May 26, 2013 4:16 pm

It's going to get banned in Germany because it's a surveillance device ffs Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun May 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Guys check this out. Pretty much spot on imo.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/m4yj8z/annoyed-gamer-xbox-one-reaction
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun May 26, 2013 5:06 pm

^^Spot on with every thing

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 26, 2013 6:34 pm

2 mins in and he's already wrong about one thing lol.

about the 500 gb hard drive, where once its maxed out your f*cked isn't true because thats what the cloud is for which is unlimited.

So that will never be a problem.

I do understand his concerns about Kinect though.

As for the not paying attention to non-american viewers while its true they didn't in the presser they are for the console and mentioned they might have a PL like partnership like they have for NFL.

This is my problem with videos like this a lot of it becomes out of date very quickly even if he does make some good points.

Definitely agree with him on the PR cock up in regards to used games and always online which is the biggest problem of this whole fiasco IMO, if they actually confirmed what was in and what wasn't it would limited the outrage significantly.

Can't really comment on the games part either until i know what they are releasing at launch, if they do have an hour long presser all about games then he's going to look rather stupid.

Which is why i have not been commenting indefinitely in this thread until i know all the answers, same goes for PS4 i quite frankly know f*ck all about either console and what their features, games and policies are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun May 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Unlimited cloud at a price ontop of the already Xbox love membership. And odds are it wouldn't be unlimited.

So you would have to pay (Xbox Live ) then pay (Cloud)for additional storage for games, you've already paid for....
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun May 26, 2013 7:54 pm

why are people acting like cloud is a legitimate solution? it only means that once microsoft decides you won't be able to play your game, and you won't be able to play it when your internet is down

also more news

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-can-talk-report-6408871

The source claimed that the Xbox One's integrated Kinect camera is capable of scanning a room and using its facial recognition software to detect foreign users. If Kinect detects someone it does not recognize, it then audibly asks this person to identify themselves. Once this is done, the Kinect saves the information to the console, according to the report.

holy shit Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 26, 2013 7:57 pm

no way Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun May 26, 2013 8:02 pm

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/139706-microsofts-new-kinect-patent-goes-big-brother-will-spy-on-you-for-the-mpaa

it's also not completely baseless, the *bleep* are actually trying to patent this Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 26, 2013 8:04 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:Unlimited cloud at a price ontop of the already Xbox love membership. And odds are it wouldn't be unlimited.

So you would have to pay (Xbox Live ) then pay (Cloud)for additional storage for games, you've already paid for....

Well i can only go on from what they have said..... Cloud isn't just for storage btw.... they have said they can use it to upgrade the specs of the system like a PC and store dedicated servers among many other things.

Also they have not mentioned whether there will be a Xbox Live price hike and quite frankly considering all the things they are talking about it will be worth paying the 40 pound a year that i currently pay.

Which doesn't bother me at all as i will make that at work by lunch time tomorrow lol.

Cloud isn't a additional service btw its in every box and is apart of the package, you don't have to pay extra for it at least they haven't said as much.

They might increase the price of Xbox Live but they haven't said anything on that and considering they said you could carry over your current XBL memberships i don't think it will either.

Also Che my Internet is hardly EVER down so that doesn't bother me and even if the cloud isn't a solution you can always use an external hard drive and people did that last generation so that isn't a problem either.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun May 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Well i can only go on from what they have said..... Cloud isn't just for storage btw.... they have said they can use it to upgrade the specs of the system like a PC and store dedicated servers among many other things.

again, that's a negative not a positive, because now it's up to microsoft to determine when you will be able to play your game

want to play a 5-year old game? tough shit, the server for it has been discontinued... want to play previous year's fifa? tough shit, the server for it has been discontinued

most importantly... xbox live is down? tough shit, you can't play because the game requires cloud storage and processing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun May 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Cloud is a "freemium" for anything as far as I'm concerned.

And I understand cloud isn't only for storage, but I can imagine MS pulling some shizz out their ass talking about how it can impact gameplay ala EA with Sim City
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun May 26, 2013 8:53 pm

wow this sh1tfest around the world isnt for nothing ffs

Wii U sales in UK grew by 875% after the xbox event ...
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/wii-u-sales-increase-in-uk/

that's a freaking lot , considering the event had nothing to do with the console

Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun May 26, 2013 9:09 pm

microsoft has been getting alot of hate lately, first win 8 (which is a amazing os if you know how to work it), Surface (not the best but still pretty good) and now Xbox One
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun May 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Legend wrote:microsoft has been getting alot of hate lately, first win 8 (which is a amazing os if you know how to work it), Surface (not the best but still pretty good) and now Xbox One

Yeah well Microsoft has a tendency to do something good to then fail and then do something good again , u know like that terrible Vista OS the RAM hog of all time ... nobody hated on 7 tho . And here we go again with 8 (all of the love and hate is pretty justifiable) I myself love 8 , but it's too much of a tablet OS ..

The Surface has potential , it still has to grow and evolve

Everybody hates the Xbox now for a reason .... i know they want to show games at e3 , but this presentation didnt inspire me at all that this is the next gen , they sent a bad message across the world .... and then Kinnect is always on and filming you ? privacy huh ? not to even mention the used games stuff Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next