B-Mac
The Franchise
Onyx
58 posters

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Official Xbox Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Xbox Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 21, 2013 7:43 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:ok, but i have to say, looking at those EA games...not impressed at all. I am seeing same old animations although more fluid given new engine. that NBA demo looks awkward as fck, same with the animation in Madden. if this is what's to come, it's not looking promising.

Not sure how you could tell that well tbh with that crappy trailer.

I was shaking my head when i saw that trailer because it really showed absolutely nothing i'll be waiting for a better show of gameplay before deciding either way if its good or not.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue May 21, 2013 7:44 pm

So Microsoft Stock just went down and Sony's just went up......Investors :facepalm:
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue May 21, 2013 7:45 pm

I just love Sexbox, its just entertainment to me. When I see PS, its just so cold. There's something about the greenish atmosphere in Sexbox. Oh, and the controller is always gonna beat PS easy.

Cant wait for E3! (Plz dont let Kinect domminate the games)
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue May 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Eivindo wrote:I just love Sexbox, its just entertainment to me. When I see PS, its just so cold. There's something about the greenish atmosphere in Sexbox. Oh, and the controller is always gonna beat PS easy.

i think Kinects role has changed, it's more for entertainment now and talking to Xbox than gaming, using it to show windows etc
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Legend wrote:
Eivindo wrote:I just love Sexbox, its just entertainment to me. When I see PS, its just so cold. There's something about the greenish atmosphere in Sexbox. Oh, and the controller is always gonna beat PS easy.

i think Kinects role has changed, it's more for entertainment now and talking to Xbox than gaming, using it to show windows etc
Legend wrote:

I hope this is the case tbh, it clearly has a place in the entertainment space and just using the interface as its miles quicker than your standard control.

Too difficult to get it work with games like Fifa and CoD though IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue May 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:ok, but i have to say, looking at those EA games...not impressed at all. I am seeing same old animations although more fluid given new engine. that NBA demo looks awkward as fck, same with the animation in Madden. if this is what's to come, it's not looking promising.

I was shaking my head when i saw that trailer because it really showed absolutely nothing i'll be waiting for a better show of gameplay before deciding either way if its good or not.

I dont understand the point of those trailers, you cant tell if this is a new Fifa or five years ago. Solid clips of someone actually playing is the only way, and in HD ofc.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

watching those trailers, my disdain for EA games funky animations just activated, so i knew Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Thinking of switching to PS4 tbh, going to wait to hear more about both, but as of now, after spending the entire last few years with 360, I'm thinking of making the jump. Yeah you can always have both consoles, but I don't see the point.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue May 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Legend wrote:

I wouldn't mind that at all, and it looked great. Will still be a little weird for many people to speak english at home with their Sexbox (cant immagine there will be many language packs) but its alright!

Are the specs exactly the same as PS4 btw? Looked pretty close.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 21, 2013 8:00 pm

They are virtually identical. But i believe Sony's GPU is slightly better.

The main difference is that Sony's console will be 50% thinner than the Xbox one.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm going to make a switch to PS4 this gen ...

Wtf is up with the controller why did they move the Xbox button on top ?! They could have left it where it was ... and btw the console looks like a dvd player . Hopefully PS4 doesnt look the same . Watching ESPN is going to be so exciting in Italy it isnt even available , all we're going to get is SKY with no fantasy football .... this console is straight up made for the states and the rest they don't care ....

And COD looks so current gen hahhaa, going to wait more on that before i make a real judgement tho ...

In the end all i need for my console to do is play games ... and in my eyes Sony make the best exclusives , the only exclusive i played on the xbox that i liked was Gears of War !
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 21, 2013 8:23 pm

you wont get things like ESPN outside of the US tho, it's really a console marketed for the american market.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue May 21, 2013 8:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:They are virtually identical. But i believe Sony's GPU is slightly better.

The main difference is that Sony's console will be 50% thinner than the Xbox one.

Too thin and the heat might build up, unless theres a great ventilation system. The size of the Xbox doesn't worry me at all.

pUsHa wrote:I'm going to make a switch to PS4 this gen ...

Wtf is up with the controller why did they move the Xbox button on top ?! They could have left it where it was ... and btw the console looks like a dvd player . Hopefully PS4 doesnt look the same . Watching ESPN is going to be so exciting in Italy it isnt even available , all we're going to get is SKY with no fantasy football .... this console is straight up made for the states and the rest they don't care ....

And COD looks so current gen hahhaa, going to wait more on that before i make a real judgement tho ...

In the end all i need for my console to do is play games ... and in my eyes Sony make the best exclusives , the only exclusive i played on the xbox that i liked was Gears of War !

Well, they did it once with Halo for the first Xbox, and it was a magical experience I did not expect at the time. Different times now though, and its harder and harder to create something completely new rather than the typical sequals.

Would love to see the new GTA come to the new consoles, as I have no console atm, and wouldn't want to waste money on an old console just for 1 game either!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue May 21, 2013 8:38 pm

It should be a given that GTA will come to next-gen ...

And btw did anybody understand wtf is up with that Quantum Break !? I didn't comprehend one piece of that trailer ....
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue May 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Firenze wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:Quantum Break seemed odd
Was it a show or a game?

Fifa 14 content for Xbox isn't enticing at all since UT is flawed.

Maybe not for you but it's ridiculously popular.

Only problem is, with all that emphasis on TV, etc, is that its pretty likely to only be a big deal for North Americans, us Europeans won't see 95% of that stuff.

Flawed not broken.
The concept is great no doubt.
The game mechanics are are wrong and designed to be more "appealing" and by appealing I mean creating teams with players that have Pace and sprinting and shooting from long range.

If ultimate team had more of a "seasons" play feel then I would have no problems with it.

PS4 for me. Most of those features and even old ones like lets say espn, netflix,skype, internet explorer will all need an Xbox Live subscription. The cost isn't the problem, it's the principle.

I may get an Xbox One no doubt for possibly a new halo (maybe when there is a price drop) but those "15 exclusives" maybe only 3 will stick and the rest are going to be kinect games no doubt. Only reason they stated 15 exclusives is to make it seem like Sony isn't the only one in this department.
Exclusives like Heavy Rain, Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, Infamous, etc
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue May 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Wooh! All these amazing which won't be available for those of us outside of the USA. Good job MS!

The Xbox One is even more American-centric then the 360 is, this is BS.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue May 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:Wooh! All these amazing which won't be available for those of us outside of the USA. Good job MS!

The Xbox One is even more American-centric then the 360 is, this is BS.

They called it "One" because that's the number of units it'll sell in Japan Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Eivindo wrote:

Too thin and the heat might build up, unless theres a great ventilation system. The size of the Xbox doesn't worry me at all.

Nah PS3 doesn't have a heating problem at all. Doubt it will happen on PS4 which will be even more advanced.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 21, 2013 10:44 pm

There's a real chance I might just switch back to Playstation. Xbox One looks good, but way too many strings I'm seeing.

- If the kinect feature costs extra, that's gonna suck.
- Microsoft not even trying to use backward compatibility where Playstation at least made an effort.
- the buy, sell, and trade mechanisms looks shaky as well though Microsoft didn't really elaborate on it
- And then there's the constant online-connection. The shit will hit the fan when server outages become the norm.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Such an underwhelming reveal. That console looks hideous too, looks like a VCR machine.

I'll def be sticking with Sony next gen.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Confirmed Lineup for Xbox One

Xbox One Exclusives

Forza Motorsport 5 – Microsoft Studios/Turn 10

Quantum Break – Microsoft Studios/Remedy Entertainment

Multi-Platform Games

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag – Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal

Battlefield 4 – Electronic Arts/DICE

Call of Duty: Ghosts – Activision/Infinity Ward

Destiny – Activision/Bungie

FIFA 14 – EA Sports/EA Canada

Madden NFL 25 – EA Sports/EA Tiburon

NBA Live – EA Sports/EA Tiburon

Thief – Square Enix/Eidos Montreal

UFC – EA Sports/EA Canada

Watch Dogs – Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal

Next-Gen Games Unconfirmed For Xbox One

The Evil Within – Bethesda/Tango Gameworks

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – CD Project Red

Wolfenstein The New Order – Bethesda/Machine Games
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Might borrow my mate's Xbox for Quantum break.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 pm

McLewis wrote:There's a real chance I might just switch back to Playstation. Xbox One looks good, but way too many strings I'm seeing.

- If the kinect feature costs extra, that's gonna suck.
- Microsoft not even trying to use backward compatibility where Playstation at least made an effort.
- the buy, sell, and trade mechanisms looks shaky as well though Microsoft didn't really elaborate on it
- And then there's the constant online-connection. The shit will hit the fan when server outages become the norm.

the new Kinect comes with xbox so it's part of the deal and it doesn't have to be online all the time

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352542/xbox-one-always-online-not-required-used-games-work

and because the console has completely new architecture it won't let old games work, they don't have anything in the works for cloud streaming for old games like PS but who knows they might in the future
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Yeah I gathered as much. I guess it will depend on what Sony unveils on June 10th.

Right now, Destiny and FIFA 14 are about the only reasons I would still get Xbox One.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 21, 2013 11:57 pm

Don't understand how people can decide either way as F*ck all has been shown so far on both sides.

Both Console reveals were mainly just to show what they are capable of a tech demo if you will.

Games wise that is being left to E3 for both sides that was always thier plan Microsoft as much.

Also complaining about US centric features in a US location with a building full of US press... Seriousf*ckingly?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Internet response is pretty much overwhelmingly negative towards the new XBOX.. I've been a Xbox Live member for 7 years. Huge focus on Kinect, major focus on being an "entertainment multimedia box" rather than focusing on gaming and the whole used game debacle..pretty much everything mentioned left me either shrugging of face-palming. I'm ready to jump ship, met a bunch of cool people on XBOX over the years but whatever. Save me Sony Proud

Of course I'll wait for E3 and more info on the PS4 first, but I'm about ready to bow before my Japanese overlords.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next