Matchday 19:Werder Bremen Vs Borussia Dortmund

4 posters

Go down

Matchday 19:Werder Bremen Vs Borussia Dortmund Empty Matchday 19:Werder Bremen Vs Borussia Dortmund

Post by S Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 am

Aaaand its back ! Finally Bundesliga resumes once again after a longggg month's break.While most of the talk in and around Germany has been away from the pitch with Pep's high profile move to Bayern ,i think its time we get back to business and that is looking forward to some real football !

Talking up this fixture,not a particularly easy one but it seems like Werder Bremen havent found their feet yet this season possessing one of the youngest squads in Europe with an avg age of close to 23,struggling in 12th place at the moment.While i am in no position to comment on their players as i havent watched much Bundesliga this year,would you predict a routine win for Dortmund ? Lets not forget Dortmund themselves havent been in particularly great form either.

Form of both teams over the last 5 games:

Werder Bremen:D L W L D

Dortmund:W W L W D

H2H:

Head to head record in recent seasons favors Dortmund mostly.Would be a good game to watch nonetheless.

Team news:

Subotic is injured.That is all i know for now.lol.By the way any chances of Sahin making his debut ?

Kick Off:

Saturday 19th Jan @ 5:30 PM GMT

Predictions ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Matchday 19:Werder Bremen Vs Borussia Dortmund Empty Re: Matchday 19:Werder Bremen Vs Borussia Dortmund

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:45 pm

Weidenfeller
Piszczek Felipe Hummels Schmelzer
Bender Gündogan
Kuba Götze Reus
Lewandowski

As usual, a Dortmund vs Bremen is expected to be a fast and varied game with Klopp's 4-2-3-1 and Schaaf's attacking 4-3-3. Arnautovic (who by the way caused a lot of problems last time we met) will miss the match being suspended - which is great news. But there's still Hunt and de Bruyne who have to be shut down as they're in my opinion the biggest threat of the game. I just read an article how the 'Aaron Hunt-de Bruyne' duo is one of the best in Europe in terms of key passes/game and that's why I decided with Bender at DM instead of CB with Santana not being 100% fit as we need Bender's work rate in the centre midfield. Stopping Aaron Hunt and de Bryne feed Elia/Fritz/Petersen is what Klopp should concentrate on defensively while Götze and co. should do the job offensively.

I expect a close win something like 2-1 or 3-1 with a late goal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Matchday 19:Werder Bremen Vs Borussia Dortmund Empty Re: Matchday 19:Werder Bremen Vs Borussia Dortmund

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:29 pm

HT: 0-2

Great result so far of course but not so convinced with the overall performance. It's like we're taking advantage of Bremen's situation in attack. I'm extremely surprised by Schaaf's tactics tonight, De Bruyne false 9? In paper it looks good but Werder have no focal point and no game plan in attack, not to mention their defense which is as usual bad.

However I feel Schaaf's gonna change things in the 2nd half, have to finish this off with another goal and not liking the fact that Werder have so much of the ball, I would sub Santana off... his game is too risky and is already booked, bring Schieber and Sahin on too.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Reus :bow:
Götze :bow:
Santana :bow:

I wonder if Kloppo will sub on Sahin later on.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Fantastic 2nd half performance!!!!

Man of the match has to be one of Hummels and Gündogan, both were insanely good. 5-0, clean sheet, win away from home, 5 different goalscorers and 2 Piszczek assist.

Bring Nürnberg!!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Nice job by Sahin, btw. Comes in, initiates an attack leading to a goal. Quite efficient!

Last edited by rwo power on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Goetze :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down