McAgger
Valkyrja
Layquelme
LeBéninois
DeviAngel
86 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Paul Pogba !!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul Pogba !!

Post by AnJl Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:12 am

cyberman wrote:Of course you'd play jones as a dm in front of Pogba FFs. Pogba is as much a dm as i am.
Don't get cocky yet, you haven't actually developed him yet. He's still of utd stock

I love how you are on one hand classifying him as an average talent and how you already have better players than him in your team, then on the other hand you keep saying he is United stock even though you clearly know a players development doesnt end at 18.

AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 am

cyberman wrote:Milan lol.
No the friendly in Italy btw.
Cleverly kept yaya toure quiet in the etihad etc, he's excelled int h big games.
We're sitting top with record points than any utd side in history, our wingers suck this year, our defence is injury hit this year playing in front of a young keeper.
Everything comes through our midfield now, they're he players supplying the front two, and I read this? Tight spaces? Any YouTube video prices that wrong as basic as it sounds
Cleverley sits deep and helps dictates play, he doesn't get into the box and it's not in our nature to shoot from 30 yards. Don't believe me? When's the last time Rooney had a wild shot? Compare that to 2 years ago, he'll compare it to last year.
The punt of pass and move goals we've scored this year far exceeds any other year. Why? He short passing range in tight spaces that Rvp, kagawa, cleverly, Carrick and Rooney bring. I can't think of the last time we've scored from a cross by our wingers.
The fact I'm arguing this is depressing. Our injury hit defence is the problem, not midfield. How many goals do we have to score? How many places do we have to go and swamp the oppositions midfield? Arsenal.. Done. EPL champs.. Done. Cl winners... Done.
Our problem is lazing off when we go 2 ahead, we try and protect the defence too much and it backfires. That comes with experience and when it does itll become more apparent.
Until then I'll sit here and read tired clichés about midfielders, rafael is too rash, Evans is a joke, Rooney who and smile.
The bernabeu is coming..

dude...plz stop hyping up cleverly...
you sound like bias fox-soccer report that would rather analyze a 0-0 match of two mid table EPL teams than a 5 goal thriller somewhere else in the world...

If you gonna talk about Pogba & Serie A compatible, why don't you talk about his performance in UCL where he was dominant in midfield?
but then again, you probably can't talk about it because you never watched him play in it...
Before you judge/criticize how a player plays/develop, you have to watch them play & I'm not talking about the stuff on youtube where they only highlight the good stuff a player does on the field but a complete match where you can see the player's movement,reading of the games & how he adjust to environment (league to league)...

how much of the match did you vs Udinese?
How much Serie A matches have you watched this season to say the league is defensive?
Not because teams in Italy don't roll over & die like Norwich vs Liverpool or Aston Villa losing 8-0 to Chelsea doesn't make the league defensive but tactical...
The biggest example of defensive play I've ever seen come from Chelsea in UCL & the biggest defensive play I've seen this season is Reading vs Man City...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:37 am

@ viz:

FSC analyse 0-0 draws in the PL over thrillers from other leagues because they have the rights to PL footage, but have to pay extra for footage from other leagues as other broadcasters own the rights.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:45 am

cyberman wrote:
Cleverley is having a better season than Pogba, cleverley is exactly what we need while Pogba isn't.
Daelhi in the reserves is better than Pogba, he will have taken that mercenaries spot anyway.
Our reserve is owning serie a.. Our reserve. Yet our midfielders aren't good enough?
This is like barca losing cesc.. No biggie. We just signed Germany's best am to replace old Pogba.. Woe is us.
Go home Cyberman, your drunk.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:50 am

cyberman wrote:Too early or settling into another team, culture and country.
I'm seeing the exact Pogba I saw in the reserves last year

Yea right. Stop being butthurt just because you lost a future World Class player. Fergie was wrong for letting him go and you know it. He should have played more but Fergie, being the old stubborn man he is, let him go and now Pogba is the one that got away.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:59 am

RedOranje wrote:@ viz:

FSC analyse 0-0 draws in the PL over thrillers from other leagues because they have the rights to PL footage, but have to pay extra for footage from other leagues as other broadcasters own the rights.

If the footage they show from other leagues cost them extra, they are been robbed...
Looks like it been recorded by a toothbrush
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:02 am

Which is all the more reason for them to stick to the league(s) they actually have rights to.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:06 am

:coffee:

Ok Now Sabatini get into it Chaka
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 am

Honestly, I think Pogba needed time in the field to adapt which he didn't really get at United. He's been getting minutes n becoming comfortable bcuz of that....
Future
Future
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:27 am

So far what Pogba has shown is beyond belief for a 19 year old in a debut season in Serie A. 19 year old ffs!

Its a long way ahead, but players dominating like that is quite extraordinary, and he deserves all the hype he has gotten so far.

Now, all that remains is for Galliani to get a loan deal for this guy.

Paul Pogba !!  - Page 3 158280
or a swap, no?
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:44 am

I don't think being 19 in serie a is all that, certainly not a sign of stand out excellence.
Is it any more special than wilshere for example?
I know Italian football is more used to players breaking through when they're a bit older, but teenagers playing above expectations isn't the stand out, beyond belief surprise that you make it out to be IMO.
Not saying weak league or anything, but like Rooney, pogbas physique allowed him to assert himself when he's a bit younger than most other players.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 am

Neither Cleverley nor Carrick... Kagawa either btw... can sniff Pogba's shoelaces.

Moving on lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:22 am

cyberman wrote:I don't think being 19 in serie a is all that, certainly not a sign of stand out excellence.

Well i see ,you refuse to accept the fact that he's just an exceptional talent in his age group.Move on please.

By the way its not like he's playing regularly,he's just a rotational option atm.Its more of the fact that in the limited opportunities he's got ,he's performed beyond expectations.He could have served as a perfect Vice-Carrick for example at United or maybe even used as an option playing further up in midfield.Its complete ignorance to think he wouldnt have been useful for United.

Lets not make it sound like United has an exceptional group of midfielders please.SAF made a misjudgment on him and that is that.Nobody is faultless.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:33 am

Future wrote:Goal of the year so far for me. SAF lost

Pogba is already quality and he's 19

Hold on there dude

:coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 am

cyberman wrote:I don't think being 19 in serie a is all that, certainly not a sign of stand out excellence.
I know Italian football is more used to players breaking through when they're a bit older, but teenagers playing above expectations isn't the stand out, beyond belief surprise that you make it out to be IMO.
Not saying weak league or anything, but like Rooney, pogbas physique allowed him to assert himself when he's a bit younger than most other players.
you should see how he played vs shakhtar, the team that made fun of Europe Champions Chelsea at donbas
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 am

Cyber, look at man united fan quotes from that big utd forum yesterday:

"pogba is going to be better than clevz isn't he "
"Different types of midfielders VW but Pogba seems to have the talent to be one of the best, if not the best, midfielders in the world if he reaches the ceiling that he's capable of. "
"Fergie properly *bleep* up here.
Anyone who ever watched him regularly in the reserves knew he was a class above."
"Question again Is the Pog the best 19 year old in world football? Neymar is 21 soon BTW. "
"Huh ? Firstly if we face Juventus he'll not be starting. He isn't Starting for them in CL games.
Secondly, Young players especially ones like him look better surrounded by better players so Juventus being strong is a advantage for him, not a disadvantage."
He has started one CL game for them, he might play his way into the starting line up at this rate, he has 5 goals from 10 starts so far.

"I think that you are overrating the Prem at this point in time. The playing field is much more level these days. I am baffled that you think that the Ox or Sterling are better players at this point than Pogba, both, the Ox especially, have underwhelmed me this season. Pogba is lighting the *bleep* place up."
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:56 am

Ferguson wanted him, had him at his academy but thought he wouldn't get in his team yet. Pogba didn't want to wait as a reserve so left to a massive club in Juventus who he's part of a first team for.

I fail to see where a mistake is, just a good move for juve n pogba himself.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:11 am

The issue was playing time in that he was promised playing time the year before he left and didn't get it.... Pogba is facing a ton more competition at Juventus than at Man U. I mean come on. Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio are the second best midfield in the world. The challenge wasn't the problem. Getting an opportunity to compete was.

The largest issue was financial. Juve offered a king's ransom and Man U refused to match it or get close enough.

In the end, Pogba took the toughest challenge, but with financial incentive. The fact that he is forcing himself into playing time in a midfield like Juve's should tell you all you need to know about his quality. With all due respect to Man U, Carrick-Cleverly-Kagawa is lol-worthy compared to Pirlo-Vidal-Marchisio.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:33 am

He ok but he isn't great imo. He's technically really limited imo, but he quite smart, he knows what he is incapable of so he doesn't bother trying it, so he doesn't make many mistakes. Good ball winner as well

Imo he's a poor man's diaby
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:35 am

good god... if anything, Pogba is too technical and decides to dribble too much. That has been the knock on him. Everyone wanted him to use his physical abilities more because he's so big. His technique is better than Diaby's and he actually has a great shot.

He plays AM for France U20 lol and is the dominant player on the team. Everything goes through him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 am

Pogba is one of the most talented CMs in the world.I'd be a hypocrite to say that he isn't a loss for Manchester United.Many football fans don't know or understand how he got away from Manchester United.He wasn't given away.

Anyway, that first goal he scored yesterday was out of this world...His technical abilities are very well developed; he is well educated by the coaches, not like what's happening with Balotelli at Man City.

Sometimes he is superficial and takes wrong decisions because he isn't enough concentrated.I saw moments with him being bewildered in games against teams from the second half of the table which only defended for 90 minutes with the whole team and playing some counter-attacks , his passing vision was limited in some moments, but considering his age it isn't a huge problem because he has enough time to improve his football abilities and reach the requested level of maturity needed at a team like Juventus.He must stay away from injuries... Neutral

If somebody didn't watch this should watch it now:

The guy was better than the other players from Man United academy.Now I am confident that one day he will be another French CM superstar at Juventus
, if you know what I mean Wink.

Sincerely, I'm really happy for him because he is now playing for Juventus and not for other team from Europe.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:He ok but he isn't great imo. He's technically really limited imo, but he quite smart, he knows what he is incapable of so he doesn't bother trying it, so he doesn't make many mistakes. Good ball winner as well

Yeah yeah, Wislhere is the best and he didn't get raped by Ramires at all tonight. Everyone else apart from Wilshere is technically really limited and overall rubbish. That includes Messi.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:He ok but he isn't great imo. He's technically really limited imo, but he quite smart, he knows what he is incapable of so he doesn't bother trying it, so he doesn't make many mistakes. Good ball winner as well

Yeah yeah Pogba is technically limited and Maradona was a terrible dribbler and only scored because of his immense height and heading prowess.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:06 pm

I don't get your problem. Pls explain what rating wilshere has to do with this or pls go
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:11 pm

I disagree, I think he has fantastic technique. He doesn't do a lot of flicks and tricks but that's because Conte just doesn't allow him to do so, I remember after a game he had attempted some sort of back heel and he spoke about how Conte doesn't want to see that kind of flare from him in the midfield which is understandable. His skill set for his position is quite good in my opinion.

And for people thinking he starts each week with Juventus, I really don't even know what to say... he is a rotational player, he gets limited minutes if everyone is fit in the midfield. He has started the odd game because of this and he has had some good performances.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:17 pm

I think his control is a bit sloppy though. I don't watch him every game so maybe he does some good stuff that I've missed. I've seen him mainly from youth teams and short manutd appearances, and at that point he looked quite unrefined. But I also think he has a useful skill set though
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next