The Sanchez
Onyx
McAgger
shinigami99
Mr Nick09
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Does Song regret leaving Arsenal? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Song regret leaving Arsenal?

Post by barca 2011 Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:27 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
CBarca wrote:
futbol wrote:

Pinto got 2 Copa del Rey medals in 2009 and 2012 being the first choice goalkeeper throughout the competition.

Hahahahahaha yeah booyyyyyy

this Pinto could have been parked in the Barca goal, and they still would've won those trophies bounce

Does Song regret leaving Arsenal? - Page 3 1970-2
Just like I could've taken over for pep and still would've won everything, blah blah.

I know your joking though!!

barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Does Song regret leaving Arsenal? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does Song regret leaving Arsenal?

Post by windkick Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 am

He isn't joking he is trolling
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 am

maybe he doesnt regret leaving arsenal because he knew what he was getting into but i think the sale and purchase was rushed, had there been more time i think more offers would have presented themselves and he would have chosen a team with likelier starting possibilities.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:11 am

barca 2011 wrote:
Just like I could've taken over for pep and still would've won everything, blah blah.

uh when did I ever say anything close to that? please don't group me into a stereotype with idiotic fans. Where did Pep come into this? he was instrumental and a massive part of your recent successes. Guardiola is a football genius. It's almost insulting to him that you would bring him up when we're talking about Pinto's influence and value to Barca vs Guardiola's.

come on man...of course I didn't literally mean that a car could have been in the goal instead. All i'm saying is this: Pinto, while not a bad keeper by any stretch, is not irreplaceable, either. There are many keepers out there who are much better than him that Barca can get. He is not a key player.

windkick wrote:He isn't joking he is trolling

no What a Face

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:

uh when did I ever say anything close to that? please don't group me into a stereotype with idiotic fans. Where did Pep come into this? he was instrumental and a massive part of your recent successes. Guardiola is a football genius. It's almost insulting to him that you would bring him up when we're talking about Pinto's influence and value to Barca vs Guardiola's.

come on man...of course I didn't literally mean that a car could have been in the goal instead. All i'm saying is this: Pinto, while not a bad keeper by any stretch, is not irreplaceable, either. There are many keepers out there who are much better than him that Barca can get. He is not a key player.

windkick wrote:He isn't joking he is trolling

no What a Face

I never said that YOU included Pep, but the general consensus whenever people say something like what you did say is "you could've placed (insert random blaugrana player/coach) and the results wouldve been the same because this team can make anyone look good". Trust me, i know pep was crucial, im not saying you're part of that fanbase and i know the car pic was a joke/troll. But while pinto isnt irreplaceable you can't seriously deny his crucialness not only in the treble but in any other Copa win.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by V Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:50 am

People ignoring the actual bit of relevant information:
Song has made 20 appearances so far and played 1335 minutes halfway through the season.
He is the 13th outfield player by number of minutes played, i.e. not a starter but a strong squad member.
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:03 am

but going from starter for arsenal to squad player in any team at age 25 is never a good thing.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:07 am

vanDEEZ wrote:but going from starter for arsenal to squad player in any team at age 25 is never a good thing.
Why does it matter if he is 25, I find it worse lets say Modric's case where as he is supposed to be at his peak and is being benched more then Song.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 am

vanDEEZ wrote:but going from starter for arsenal to squad player in any team at age 25 is never a good thing.
I guess it's not too bad if you know that that's gonna be your role on what's already one of the best teams ever. But the truth is no one here truly knows whether he actually was ok with likely not being a starter just as no one here knows whether he regrets the move or not.

Not saying that not starting is something to be cool with but I'm almost sure he realistically knew where his place on the team would be given the current level of players and Keita's departure.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:15 am

For a good player who can be regular in many good teams accepting to be a bench warmer, even if its in the best team in the world, is loser mentality.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:58 pm

I dont think Song regrets leaving us, he pushed for it and made his dream come true. He knew what he was going against, not many players in the world would turn down Barcelona.

Song is young he can still leave in few years and always say he played for Barcelona and Arsenal.

We miss him at Arsenal and I wish he never left us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Funny how many a player's dream is to set up camp on the Barcelona or Madrid bench and occasionally make a cameo when one of the starters gets injured Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 pm

I don't see why he should be disappointed. What was he expecting? There's no way he thought he was going to start over Xavi or Iniesta.

Also players dream of winning titles. Sure, they want to play the finals, completely agreed, but they also want titles, even if they only win them in a supporting player fashion.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Lex wrote:Funny how many a player's dream is to set up camp on the Barcelona or Madrid bench and occasionally make a cameo when one of the starters gets injured Rolling Eyes
Yeah dude, Just accept it. Many players would be honored just to sign with such a team. I wouldn't exactly call being on the bench a dream but if you were a footballer you'd do it too!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 pm

Mamad wrote:For a good player who can be regular in many good teams accepting to be a bench warmer, even if its in the best team in the world, is loser mentality.

Or maybe he went there to learn from the very best and get a reasonable amount of minutes to play and, ofc, the throphies that he will win. It would be worse if he went when he was in his prime..

Last edited by harhar11 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 pm

But Song doesnt only play when someone gets injured, I dont understand that.

Many times he played over Busquets just for rotation purposes.

As someone already said, he is playing at a similar rate to Hernandez at Utd. Is that somehow bad?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:27 pm

A few things:
1st he never got less than he was promised
2nd by the applied logic, Barca shouldn’t proceed to any transfers, as bar 2 spots maybe, every other position is “locked”
3rd as V said, being the 13th most utilized player in this squad is no small achievement
Anyway, probably we should ask the man himself how he feels
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:35 pm

I don't see why people don't understand that maybe he just isn't good enough to start on a regular basis for Barcelona?

Because I for one never rated him let alone understanding why Barca even bought him.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Because I for one never rated him let alone understanding why Barca even bought him.
Because Keita left. So we picked up a guy who's as good as anyone else to fill that same role. There's better players out there but he was just as good as any to FILL THAT ROLE which was to replace the void left by Seydou. Really all there is to it.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:47 pm

V wrote:People ignoring the actual bit of relevant information:
Song has made 20 appearances so far and played 1335 minutes halfway through the season.
He is the 13th outfield player by number of minutes played, i.e. not a starter but a strong squad member.

While Giroud has played around 200 more minutes than Song which equates to less than 3 more games.

Does he regret joining Arsenal?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I don't see why people don't understand that maybe he just isn't good enough to start on a regular basis for Barcelona?

Smile Thumbs up
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:42 pm

Thing is it's not really about how often Song plays or not. It's about whether he's a certain starter, which he isn't.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Thing is it's not really about how often Song plays or not. It's about whether he's a certain starter, which he isn't.

Who ever said he was going to be a certain starter? He certaintly didnt.

“I will always love Arsenal but Barcelona are the best team in the world. I may not start every game but I can’t wait for the challenge.

“I would have stayed but when the Barcelona train comes in for you, that is a once-in-a-lifetime chance and you just can’t miss it.”

"I still havent won anything since I started playing football. I am very excited about the idea of winning it all".

“I know it's not easy to start to play but I know we have a lot of games and I need just to be ready every time when the manager needs me to play and just do my job in the training,” said Song, the seventh African to play for Barca.

“Sergio (Busquets) is one of the best in that position and I am very happy to train with him,” he added.

“I know that when you work every single day with the top players you learn a lot and you improve yourself.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:10 pm

He didn't say it himself, but a player of his caliber should be starting every game imo.

Kinda like Coentrao, Kaka, Modric and Higuain. They don't always start and there's occasionally rumours of them leaving/being flops etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3