Cesc Fabregas on leaving Arsenal

5 posters

Go down

Cesc Fabregas on leaving Arsenal Empty Cesc Fabregas on leaving Arsenal

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:27 pm

Part1: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/24/cesc-fabregas-arsenal-barcelona

Part2: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/oct/25/cesc-fabregas-manchester-united-barcelona

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Cesc Fabregas on leaving Arsenal Empty Re: Cesc Fabregas on leaving Arsenal

Post by Dante Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Very nice interview . I especially liked how passionate he remains about Arsenal , interesting. A few #allmyformerteammatesaregreat cliches and the likes but despite that , he was spot on actually . In everything he talked about he was honest and clearly that is his original perspective about the things he was asked about . He even went on to say that he may even have blocked Ramsey .. idk to be honest , i am not the expert but he probably wasn't ready to be what he is today , but hearing something like that from Fabregas .. nice guy , Arsenal were lucky to have him all these years , not to mention what a player he became .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:15 pm

He's spot on about it being easier for individuals to shine in the PL.

The space in between in the lines make it so..... but i think that's why its so popular.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Cesc wrote:I think [Arsenal fans] even understood me when I left. There was no rancour, no bitterness. They understood that I'd given everything for eight years, that I reached a point where I felt I couldn't give any more, and that I left for personal reasons: to go home, to be with my family, to play for my club, the one I'd been at as a kid. It was important for me to leave the right way.
This is not how I remember it at all lol
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Cesc wrote:I think [Arsenal fans] even understood me when I left. There was no rancour, no bitterness. They understood that I'd given everything for eight years, that I reached a point where I felt I couldn't give any more, and that I left for personal reasons: to go home, to be with my family, to play for my club, the one I'd been at as a kid. It was important for me to leave the right way.
This is not how I remember it at all lol
with regards to how they saw his departure ? Sure , even though i've seen worse tbf. In any case , it's fair to say not all of them has had the exact same view about his transfer . I'd say it wasn't near as bad as RVP's was.

And it's not like Fabregas said anything that ain't correct , even though how fans saw his departure still being debatable . I see no wrong for a player like Fabregas after 8 years wanting to go back home and play for a club like Barcelona , especially when they wanted him so badly and they paid good money to bring him back . I don't know if i would speak the same had i been a gunner at the time , but i would definitely understand the reasons behind it.

People will of course say he left for the greener pastures and all , but being at home and playing for your childhood club are valid reasons and don't just dissapear because of Barcelona being what it is.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Most of the bitterness from his transfer was towards Barcelona and not Cesc himself. Most fans had already resigned themselves to the fact that he was leaving, but there was some anger at the way Barcelona made several public comments about him. People were upset with Arsenal, too, for a few reasons. It wasn't a happy time.

Despite that, you rarely see Arsenal fans abuse Cesc for leaving, unlike Nasri and van Persie who were immediately labelled as traitors and whatnot.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:21 pm

How do you explain the fact that United seemed so convinced? That conviction must have come from somewhere.

At no time did I say that I wanted to go and I stayed out of it. I was surprised. I didn't encourage them at all.

rofl rofl

United pls
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:21 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Most of the bitterness from his transfer was towards Barcelona and not Cesc himself. Most fans had already resigned themselves to the fact that he was leaving, but there was some anger at the way Barcelona made several public comments about him. People were upset with Arsenal, too, for a few reasons. It wasn't a happy time.

Despite that, you rarely see Arsenal fans abuse Cesc for leaving, unlike Nasri and van Persie who were immediately labelled as traitors and whatnot.
80% still love him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down