Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jay29
urbaNRoots
Sri
Raptorgunner
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:58 pm

[quote="Raptorgunner I dont think any club should be owned just by one person.[/quote]

I'll shake on that! Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Usmanov: Henry wants me to own Arsenal

Post by Artilleristen Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:31 pm

srigooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
This is what our board should say not finishing in the top 4.

Our current board has also said that they want to finish higher than fourth and they have the ambition to win trophies. Both statements are as meaningless as the other.

To add to that Raptor, the same Donkey Ivan you hate so much has also said countless times that while top 4 finish is financially sustainable, the target of the team and the board and the manager is to win trophies.

Again, the resources that Usmanov wants to bring to the table can also be brought in through sponsorship deals instead of controlling stake in the board.

Heck, if I was a bloody gazillionaire with bottomless pockets, I would try to negotiate deals with my Arsenal to sponsor them through my companies within the 'justifiable sponsorship' rules of FFP. You would do the same. But that doesn't mean you or I need to buy the club, surely!
The actions of Wenger and the board speak louder than their words. Ivan says these things to keep fans like you happy, who think that having an owner who is willing to put actual money in the manager's hand, and tell him to actually improve the team is really a crooked Chelsea style owner.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Not one word wrong with what he said.

Doesn't mean he'd do anything he says or that he has the dedication he vehemently professes. As Sri said, let him show up at the Emirates like the rest of the Gooners and we'll talk. Not interested in having our class and tradition stained by oil money, thank you. :coffee:

But. Using that money to keep key players and invest in youth rather than destroy the world football economy with +50million per transfer window is a different story.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:46 pm

Artilleristen wrote:
The actions of Wenger and the board speak louder than their words. Ivan says these things to keep fans like you happy, who think that having an owner who is willing to put actual money in the manager's hand, and tell him to actually improve the team is really a crooked Chelsea style owner.

Mate, I agree with you that the lack of action from Wenger has been largely frustrating. I also agree that this board made its share of mistakes in dealing with player contracts and wages.

My point is not that Ivan faffing keeps me happy. My point is that Usmanov is not faffing any differently.

I repeat. Let Usmanov faff lesser and act more than Kroenke or Ivan have done. He doesn't need to buy the club to show his support. When he can do that, I will accept him more willingly.

And the part in red - has this what it has come to? Fans like me? Fans like you? Do you not see how this board room war is affecting the unity among us?
We be of one blood, you and I. Remember that. All of you.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:49 pm

srigooner wrote:

+1

Proud Heart
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:29 pm

Usmanov is using crooked ways to turn fans against the board.. He turns up frequently when we are in trouble claiming that he is a fan and if allowed he will change things.. I have never seen appreciation from his part for any reasons.. All he does is blame.. He was winning fans by claiming that Wengers hands are tied.. Now he is using Henrys name to gain support..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:50 am

srigooner wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:

And the part in red - has this what it has come to? Fans like me? Fans like you? Do you not see how this board room war is affecting the unity among us?

Sri your words are the light in the darkness
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:13 am

He might come off as a loyal and passionate Arsenal fan, but words are often meaningless without action.

Actions speak louder than words- I would wait until he actually does something before I would trust him. He's a shady guy to start out with.

As someone said- the way he does this so obviously makes it hard to think he's the real deal to me.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:08 am

He doesn't need to be the owner of Arsenal to do things, if he really loved them as much as he says,

why doesn't he use on of his countless companies to sponsor Arsenal? His biggest company sponsors Dinamo Moscow

and i don't know if Fifa will allow him to sit on boards of two clubs, he already on the board of Dinamo Moscow, which according to him "is a first love"
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:11 am

Perhaps Usmanov would have considered sponsoring Arsenal if there was a lack of money. But i think everyone knows that there is money, but Arsenal are not spending it and perhaps this is what Usmanov wants to influence by getting into the Arsenal board.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:03 am

Wilson37 wrote:Usmanov is using crooked ways to turn fans against the board.. He turns up frequently when we are in trouble claiming that he is a fan and if allowed he will change things.. I have never seen appreciation from his part for any reasons.. All he does is blame.. He was winning fans by claiming that Wengers hands are tied.. Now he is using Henrys name to gain support..

Seriously! You really think the board needs any help getting the fans to turn against them. They are and have been quite capable achieving it on their own.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:26 am

Legend wrote:He doesn't need to be the owner of Arsenal to do things, if he really loved them as much as he says,

why doesn't he use on of his countless companies to sponsor Arsenal? His biggest company sponsors Dinamo Moscow

and i don't know if Fifa will allow him to sit on boards of two clubs, he already on the board of Dinamo Moscow, which according to him "is a first love"

I don't follow the Russian league, but out of curiosity, how well is Dinamo Moscow doing in the league? For a fact, I know they are not among the European powerhouses.

While so many people want to jump at the (lack of) trophy history and high prices at the teams owned by Kroenke in the USA, I think this is a valid point and needs some consideration/comparison.

@MJ, @VendettaRed07 - Thanks for your solidarity fellows, wish it was more unanimous globally!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:52 am

As a pssionate Arsenal fan, I would also end up playing the same tune Usmanov is playing if I were in his shoes. What would you guys do or have him do in his situation???

kiranr wrote:
Perhaps Usmanov would have considered sponsoring Arsenal if there was a lack of money. But i think everyone knows that there is money, but Arsenal are not spending it and perhaps this is what Usmanov wants to influence by getting into the Arsenal board.

Why would he also want to sponsor if he knows the board and Stan would immediately pocket what was already in the Arsenal coffers and use the sponsored (Usmanov) funds for team activities, as I'm sure it would have such stipulations.
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:11 am

Apart from the fact that they can't just take money from the club like that, no? Pretty sure the only way the board can profit is by selling their shares, and they need Arsenal to perform well for the share prices to increase.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:23 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Apart from the fact that they can't just take money from the club like that, no? Pretty sure the only way the board can profit is by selling their shares, and they need Arsenal to perform well for the share prices to increase.

Hear, hear. +1.

I don't get what this "Kroenke and Gazidis want to steal club money" argument stems from. Its not like they are not answerable to anyone. They have been non-committal on the issue, that I hate.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Only money the board takes from the club is their own annual salary, which isn't even that much, especially compared to the annual salaries of the manager and players. The club doesn't pay dividends (lost count of how many times I've said this).

Both Kroenke and Usmanov want the club to start paying dividends to shareholders, which, for both of them, would be quite a substantial percentage of the profit, but other than that, the only other way the board can profit from the club is to sell their own shares, as beatrixasdfghjk pointed out.

The conspiracy theories are nonsense. Nobody is "pocketing" the profits Arsenal create, and neither Kroenke or Gazidis have anything to gain from "money hoarding". What use is sitting on a big pile of cash to them? A fair bit of cash goes into the "emergency fund" but other than that, it's all there, available for Wenger to use when he feels like actually using it.

You can even check the public financial results to see how much money is actually being taken out of the club.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Just curious, what is this 'emergency fund'? And seeing as Kroenke already has a controlling stake, why can't he just vote that the club pays dividends?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 pm

So no mater who we get as owner, as long as Wenger in charge we will have the same problems?

Wenger is the real Arsenal owner. :facepalm:

Wenger out.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 pm

What does this have to do with Wenger? Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:56 pm

MJGunner wrote:What does this have to do with Wenger? Laughing
Just frustrated. Sad

He is in charge of Arsenal not Satan or Ivan. He has total power and still sells all our best players and replaces them with scrubs.

What is Wenger saving the money for? does he feel bad that he is the highest paid Manager in England?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Weather we like it or not Usmanov will take over Arsenal. It could be this summer or the next. Satan will leave when he knows his share wont go any higher. With Wenger gone I am sure and HOPE Satan follows him out.

He dont give a shit if we finish 17th place, the next set of accounts will show a profit as they will include RVP & Song sales. We are left with Jack Wilshere to sell and that's about it.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:18 pm

kiranr wrote:

Probably because like the rest of us. He knows that the club has some money and Wenger, the board and Stan refuse to build a team that can actually compete for silverware. So why would he want to give them more money to not invest in making a team that can compete.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:26 pm

kiranr wrote:

We dont truly know if there is really money for Wenger to spend. The money we got for Song and RVP we bought, Giroud, Cazolra and Podolski.

We have to sell first before buying players. I would keep my mouth shut if I was getting paid 7.5m a year.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:37 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Apart from the fact that they can't just take money from the club like that, no? Pretty sure the only way the board can profit is by selling their shares, and they need Arsenal to perform well for the share prices to increase.

Kind of. They can increase the value of there shares in non-football related ventures also. Like real estate.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:18 pm

srigooner wrote:
Legend wrote:He doesn't need to be the owner of Arsenal to do things, if he really loved them as much as he says,

I don't follow the Russian league, but out of curiosity, how well is Dinamo Moscow doing in the league? For a fact, I know they are not among the European powerhouses.

While so many people want to jump at the (lack of) trophy history and high prices at the teams owned by Kroenke in the USA, I think this is a valid point and needs some consideration/comparison.

@MJ, @VendettaRed07 - Thanks for your solidarity fellows, wish it was more unanimous globally!

don't know much about them, but they are a mid table team, they were good in the 70s when they reached the final of CL, but even now they are 9th out of 18. They have the like of Kurányi and Dzsudzsák
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:57 pm

srigooner wrote:

Usmanov however does not have any shares in the Moscow club, but he is a member on the board. So his power would be limited.
Kroenke on the other hand is the majority owner and can dictate what happens within the club because he controls the voting with his shares.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2