Billionaire Usmanov said to bid for Kroenke's stake at Arsenal

5 posters

Go down

Billionaire Usmanov said to bid for Kroenke's stake at Arsenal Empty Billionaire Usmanov said to bid for Kroenke's stake at Arsenal

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Thought to make a thread about this because why not.

@tariqpanja
Bloomberg colleague in Russia reporting Usamnov willing to make an even bigger offer to Kroenke that would value Arsenal at £2bn,

Alisher Usmanov, the Russian billionaire who owns more than 30 percent of London’s Arsenal Football Club, offered to buy out majority shareholder Stan Kroenke, according to two people with knowledge of the situation.

Usmanov’s offer values the club at as much as 2 billion pounds ($2.6 billion), the people said, asking not to be identified discussing a confidential matter. The bid was made a month ago in a letter that also included a proposal to work together to secure the future of the club if Kroenke doesn’t want to sell. Usmanov hasn’t had any response and is weighing options to defend his interests as a minority shareholder, the people said.

Representatives of Usmanov declined to comment. Kroenke, an American billionaire investor who controls almost 67 percent in the company, couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

Kroenke has given an informal indication that he’s not interested in selling, according to the Financial Times, which earlier reported the offer.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2017-05-19/billionaire-usmanov-said-to-bid-for-kroenke-s-stake-in-arsenal
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Billionaire Usmanov said to bid for Kroenke's stake at Arsenal Empty Re: Billionaire Usmanov said to bid for Kroenke's stake at Arsenal

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 19, 2017 9:30 pm

AP source: Russian billionaire's $1.3 billion bid to take full control of Arsenal rejected by Kroenke @robharris https://t.co/OCKT7ueVHR
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Billionaire Usmanov said to bid for Kroenke's stake at Arsenal Empty Re: Billionaire Usmanov said to bid for Kroenke's stake at Arsenal

Post by Raptorgunner Sat May 20, 2017 3:37 am

£2,000,000,001 should do the trick.

I know many don't trust Usmanov, but 10 years of Satan Kroenke has taken us no where. I for one would take Usmanov with open arms, he wants to win and is willing to invest heavily to win major trophies.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat May 20, 2017 7:28 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I for one would take Usmanov with open arms, he wants to win and is willing to invest heavily to win major trophies.

That's what he says, to win over the fans to his side - and it is always suspiciously timed.

I refused to believe that a USSR era oligarch can be altruistic.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat May 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Lets be realistic here, Usmanov does not need to win the fans over. He could say the same thing as Satan Kroenke said which was "I did not buy Arsenal for trophies" and nothing we can do about it.

I am sure everyone said the same thing about Roman Abramovich.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 21, 2017 2:26 am

Would be a shame tbh if Arsenal were bought out by a Russian oligarch and invested in like Chelsea and City. It wouldn't be the same as them, but it wouldn't be too different, and it would be a shame. I'm sure the fans wouldn't care if they were winning but I personally wouldn't be able to see Arsenal the same way again :/
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun May 21, 2017 2:53 am

Like it matters, this bid was made like 1 month ago and nothing comes out of it. Stan wont sell and Arsene wont leave
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum