NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Onyx
sportsczy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
McAgger
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Jamie Carragher Announces Retirement at the End of Season - Page 3 Empty Re: Jamie Carragher Announces Retirement at the End of Season

Post by RealGunner Sun 19 May 2013 - 0:08

League one :bow:

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jamie Carragher Announces Retirement at the End of Season - Page 3 Empty Re: Jamie Carragher Announces Retirement at the End of Season

Post by McAgger Sun 19 May 2013 - 0:13

Carra on the best players he's played with in every position

Reina
Finnan - Hyypia - Agger - Johnson
Hamann
Gerrard - Alonso
Suarez ------------- Fowler
Owen

Chose Owen over Torres Jamie Carragher Announces Retirement at the End of Season - Page 3 123n7r

GK: Pepe Reina

"It's an obvious choice for me. Pepe's a cut above the rest and very close to a lot of Ray Clemence's records - and we all know what a top 'keeper he was. He's the most vocal of all the goalies I've played with – we've had a few arguments over the years! He's so proud of his clean-sheet records."

RB: Steve Finnan

"It was toss-up between Markus Babbel and Finnan for the right-back slot, but I've gone for Finn because he played a lot more games alongside me. He was key defensively in two Champions League runs and his consistency over two or three years under Rafa gets him in the side."

LB: Glen Johnson

"I've gone for Glen because the performances he has put in over the last few years have gone to another level. I know he's a right-back, but he has played down the left in recent years. I've put him in for his power and his pace and his physique, as well as his skill on the ball."

CB: Sami Hyypia

"This was an easy choice. He's a legend of the club. He spent almost a decade here and won lots of trophies and lots of games. He was consistent and he also scored goals. I'd probably like to have added his calmness to my game - he never got flustered on the pitch."

CB: Daniel Agger

"In the last few years we've seen what a top-class player we have at the club. Everyone rightly talks about how cool he is on the ball, but I think that takes a little bit away from how good he is in the air, he's aggressive and he ticks every box as a defender."

CM: Xabi Alonso

"Xabi would be very close to one of the best players I've played with. It's great to see what he has gone on to achieve with Real Madrid. He plays superb passes from a deep position and dictates the rhythm and the pace of the game. He'll always be welcome back."

CM: Didi Hamann

"There are lots of reasons for putting Didi in - and they're not all football-related! I've put him in for Istanbul. He's played in a World Cup final for Germany and he was a top player in the 2001 treble season. It was a tough decision between him and Javier Mascherano."

CM: Steven Gerrard

"He's a world star. In 10 or 20 years time, people will be telling their grandchildren that they saw Steven play. I remember his first game against Celta Vigo - he played a 40/50-yard pass in the first half. It took some courage to do that and when I saw it I knew he'd be a top player."

FW: Robbie Fowler

"His record speaks for itself, but I think sometimes we forget just how good a footballer he was. He scored evey type of goal but then he'd come up with a little flick or a quality pass. I always loved how good he was in the air. The day he came back, he was like a kid on Christmas morning."

FW: Michael Owen

"I've gone for Michael over Fernando Torres because of the 2001 FA Cup final. Michael won us the cup against Arsenal - it was 'The Owen Final'. No matter what people may now think about him, for me, Liverpool is about winning things and that's why Michael got the edge."

FW: Luis Suarez

"The best I've played with would always be Stevie, but the more I played with Luis, the more I thought that he was coming second. I've never seen anyone nutmeg people so often. He's that good, I think he could play for any team in the world."
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun 19 May 2013 - 0:25

Owen best season at Liverpool was far superior to Torres'.

Justifiable inclusion.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 19 May 2013 - 6:09

I should of put Johnson on the left and add Babbel on the right. Wanted to squeeze Carragher in though. Mad

The_Badger wrote:Owen best season at Liverpool was far superior to Torres'.

Justifiable inclusion.

Don't think I can agree with that to be honest. Torres' best season was just as good, if not better than Owen's for Liverpool. The only reason Owen would of got the nod over Torres was because JC and MO are close mates and Owen actually helped win trophies with us.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun 19 May 2013 - 6:13

A great player and a true legend of the game. Sad to see him go but it was the right time.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun 19 May 2013 - 20:10

Jamie Carragher Announces Retirement at the End of Season - Page 3 Bko8ptdciaaxmkk
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun 19 May 2013 - 23:04

The last time EVER.

Jamie Carragher Announces Retirement at the End of Season - Page 3 Copy_of_liverpool_v_qpr_76

Crying or Very sad Sad
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 20 May 2013 - 3:57

Jamie Carragher Announces Retirement at the End of Season - Page 3 Tumblr_mn1zqnqb691r4roroo2_250

This is barely sinking in right about now. What a legend Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 20:43

Has really impressed me as a pundit. Has grown into the role.

I'm starting to enjoy his views more than Neville's, which I never thought I'd say back in August.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 20:47

RED wrote:Has really impressed me as a pundit. Has grown into the role.

I'm starting to enjoy his views more than Neville's, which I never thought I'd say back in August.

Complete opposite sentiment from me.

Never thought the day.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 21:30

I find myself agreeing a lot more with Neville for whatever reason. But I do agree that Carra has grown into the role. When he first starter he was trying too hard and was pouring out a lot of emotions with his views. Now he's much more collected.

And also, I think unlike Neville who I think sometimes tries to pepper the cracks and doesn't necessarily speak the truth for example about Moyes, Carra just doesn't give a damn. Speaks his mind and couldn't give a shit. I really like that about pundits.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 23:46

Absolutely spot on analysis by Carra on our posession problems. Posession without penetration.

Top marks to him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 23:48

Neville's credibility went down the swanny when he mistook Jonny Evans for Nani on Sunday
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 22 Apr 2014 - 0:17

Possession without penetration. I like it. A lot. hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3