'I've never seen someone score without shoes!' - Nedved hails Matri's boot-less strike

3 posters

Go down

'I've never seen someone score without shoes!' - Nedved hails Matri's boot-less strike Empty 'I've never seen someone score without shoes!' - Nedved hails Matri's boot-less strike

Post by DeviAngel Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:19 am

'I've never seen someone score without shoes!' - Nedved hails Matri's boot-less strike 116959hp2

Juventus director Pavel Nedved gave his seal of approval to Alessandro Matri's goal, as the striker helped fire his team to a 2-0 victory against Fiorentina on Saturday.

The 28-year-old netted right before half-time with his sock after his boot slipped off bizarrely in the build-up play.

His goal, after Mirko Vucinic's opener, has temporarily fired Antonio Conte's men six points clear at the top of Serie A, and left the former Juve star bemused.

"In my career, I've never seen someone score a goal without shoes," the retired Czech midfielder told reporters.

"The singular objective before the game was to collect all three points. We are delighted with the win, because Fiorentina are a side that play very beautiful football."

Matri proved as jovial when regarding his feat.

He said: "My boot fell off just before the goal, as someone had trodden on the back of my foot, so I scored in my socks. Well, it turned out to be for the best!"

The Italian champions now turn their attention to Tuesday's Champions League tie with Celtic, and Nedved left no one under any illusions as to their continental ambitions.

The 40-year-old concluded: "There has been no need to motivate the team; they are very hungry for the Champions League, believe me."
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

'I've never seen someone score without shoes!' - Nedved hails Matri's boot-less strike Empty Re: 'I've never seen someone score without shoes!' - Nedved hails Matri's boot-less strike

Post by turmoil Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Preben Elkjaer scored witout a shoe in 1984 for Verona against Juventus
turmoil
turmoil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

'I've never seen someone score without shoes!' - Nedved hails Matri's boot-less strike Empty Re: 'I've never seen someone score without shoes!' - Nedved hails Matri's boot-less strike

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:55 pm

That's because its rare to see a grown man who doesn't know how tie his shoelaces. Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down