Kick
lszanto
BarrileteCosmico
EL Patron
10 posters

Go down

Benitez tactical analysis  Empty Benitez tactical analysis

Post by EL Patron Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:32 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2276641/Chelsea-scouting-report-Wigan-match-revealed.html#axzz2KQwynD8P

Pretty impressive hmm , do you think players really pay attention to all this stuff or it just goes in one ear and comes out the other ??
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Benitez tactical analysis  Empty Re: Benitez tactical analysis

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:43 am

I'd like to read more of the report, wish they made it public. I'm kinda disappointed they didn't publish Schamer's and Di Santo's full descriptions, as Benitez apparently thinks the later is "capable of genius" I would have liked what else he had to say.

As to whether the team reads these or not, I'm not sure, and many of these don't understand english very well. It's up to the coach to explain these concepts to the players in simple ways they can understand, which is difficult because they're not very bright. I remember Bielsa once told how Ariel Ortega wouldn't understand commands that took longer than 30 seconds to explain. So he would spend an hour trying to figure out how to explain that concept very concisely so Ortega could understand it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:52 am

90 % of football are dumb so I don't think they pay attention to all this stuff. They will probably concentrate on going out there playing well and getting them 3 points.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:43 am

I remember there were leaked reports of scouting AVB did for Mourinho a few years ago(found here: http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01927/art18-1_1927022a.pdf)

While the report might be insightful there is so much more to being a manager than that sort of breakdown. I think the ability to get the players to execute it is down to the manager, some players are obviously very tatically aware while others will obviously need more instruction.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:52 am

First time I have seen Benitez and tactics used in the same sentence since he joined Chelsea. Laughing

Interesting read though, I am sure some players read it. Doubt cocky players like Hazard would though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:48 am

I think players learn their opponents' weaknesses much more effectively when they play against them on the pitch, instead of reading about them on paper.

Otherwise an interesting thingy.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:46 am

Art Morte wrote:I think players learn their opponents' weaknesses much more effectively when they play against them on the pitch, instead of reading about them on paper.

Otherwise an interesting thingy.

Sure, but by then its too late. Having info before you go in is always a good thing.

But it depends on if they are actually listening..as BC said with his great story, thats not always the case.

Plus this is just a scouting report anyway.I dont think Rafa even wrote this, you can kind of tell from the words used. Someone watched Wigan play and gave this to him most likely.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:58 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
I remember Bielsa once told how Ariel Ortega wouldn't understand commands that took longer than 30 seconds to explain. So he would spend an hour trying to figure out how to explain that concept very concisely so Ortega could understand it.

Hahahaha, that was a problem for Bielsa, who is the slowest speaker in human history! Very Happy

Most football commands take little to be explained.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:37 pm

He is for me, in the top 3 'tactical' managers out there today.

The Franchise wrote:
Plus this is just a scouting report anyway.I dont think Rafa even wrote this, you can kind of tell from the words used. Someone watched Wigan play and gave this to him most likely.

But I believe this happened.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:Plus this is just a scouting report anyway.I dont think Rafa even wrote this, you can kind of tell from the words used. Someone watched Wigan play and gave this to him most likely.

The analysis of Wigan’s tactics was put together by Benitez’s first-team opposition analyst Xavi Valero ahead of a team meeting on Friday.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:03 pm

fatman123 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Plus this is just a scouting report anyway.I dont think Rafa even wrote this, you can kind of tell from the words used. Someone watched Wigan play and gave this to him most likely.

The analysis of Wigan’s tactics was put together by Benitez’s first-team opposition analyst Xavi Valero ahead of a team meeting on Friday.

As I suspected, but missed that.

Makes the "Benitez's dossier" in the title a bit misleading.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Link doesn't work anymore, any other links to it?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down