Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

+11
Curtinho
Helmer
Nishankly
iftikhar
RedOranje
Red Alert
stevieg8
McAgger
Art Morte
danyjr
Arquitecto
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 5 Empty Re: Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:51 pm

Suarez gave him tickets Sad

Also....

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 5 WYWSJQE

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 5 Empty Re: Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:52 pm

Do you think we should have tried him more, specially after Sturridge got injured?

Borini-Lambert-Raheem

or

Markovic-Borini-Raheem

or

Balotelli-Borini
---Raheem---

or

Raheem-Borini
--Coutinho---
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Borini has one Premier League goal in 22 appearances for us, no, I don't think we should have played him more.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:10 pm

With roughly 20 appearances coming on in the 90th minute? lmao

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:36 pm

Art Morte wrote:Borini has one Premier League goal in 22 appearances for us, no, I don't think we should have played him more.
Look, I don't have any hope with guy. But given the circumstances, I guess he has been (a bit) hard done by luck.

2012-13: 20 games-959 mins-47.95 mins/game
2014-15: 13 games-484 mins-37.23 mins/game

and these games were not in a continues stretch either.

2011-12: 26 games-1742 mins-67.00 mins/game
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:05 pm

this lad had bad luck at Liverpool, I think he is little better than what he could do for us.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:06 pm

We should have been playing Borini over Lambert for sure. He at least offers movement and a good work ethic for pressing and build-up. It's one of the things I think Rodgers made a mistake in doing (or not doing) this season so far. Hopefully since Studge won't be back fully for a bit still Borini will get to start or feature more. Him performing well while we are in good form only helps in multiple ways (raises his value if we want to sell, or shows he can be a decent player for this team).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:10 pm

Red Alert wrote:With roughly 20 appearances coming on in the 90th minute? lmao

Okay, so has played about 800 minutes of PL footy for us. One goal in 800 minutes isn't, either, a stat that would make me want to use him more.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:09 pm

There's not many players that look good at all without any sort of consistent football. I can only really think of Aurelio and Agger from the top of my head that actually did just get straight back into it (being injured all the time) and didn't look out of place.

Sadly for Borini, he wasn't given a chance. He should of been played when Sturridge got injured. Instead we insisted on playing Mario in a role he can't exactly play, or play 39 year old Lambert instead. :facepalm:

He's looked threatening on most appearances, could be a decent squad player if he was used right.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:49 am

He have 10 goals for Roma and Sunderland, two seasons when he played regularly. Far from special but promising.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:07 am

He was playing on the wing for both those teams though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Red Alert wrote:He was playing on the wing for both those teams though.
Well, I think he is/was best suited for WF/SS role. He has movements that create space in the box.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:30 am

The other one to score his #3 with us Proud .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:10 am

Nice that he scored, but was mostly wasteful & useless. Skied a couple of good chances. Getting at the end of a cross and finishing it isn't good enough to play for us.

Was Balotelli injured or just dropped out of the bench even?

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:39 am

The dagger thief strikes again after sprinting down the tunnel like a thief :bow:
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Art Morte wrote:Nice that he scored, but was mostly wasteful & useless. Skied a couple of good chances. Getting at the end of a cross and finishing it isn't good enough to play for us.

If his name was Daniel Sturridge you'd be praising him.....

Borini has helped us get 6 points in 2 starts in a row now.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:23 pm

BusterLfc wrote:The dagger thief strikes again after sprinting down the tunnel like a thief :bow:
Proud

P.S. I agree with Art. Will be really glad the day this guy is no longer a Liverpool player.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Nice that he scored, but was mostly wasteful & useless. Skied a couple of good chances. Getting at the end of a cross and finishing it isn't good enough to play for us.

No I wouldn't lol.

Good on him for the goal, but his skills simply aren't good enough.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:44 pm

well it was evident that his skills are not so good !! There were few instances against Villa, where a better decision would have resulted in a goal scoring opportunity but he either held the ball longer or he couldnt beat 1-2 players to make something happen or he chose the wrong pass. He needs to improve a lot to be a second option striker for a club like us (well I am not considering Balo as a striker anymore, I have no idea what he is). But I still think a more regular run of games can make him play better. Considering he will be here for the rest of the season, he should be used to lessen the burden on Studge by starting him and keeping Studge on the bench in few games here and there.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:03 am

I think you guys are being too harsh on the lad, if we want to look at the villa game, Sterling was more wasteful then him, yes he did just come back from a break but he hasn't even got 1 bit of slack for it.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

No I wouldn't lol.

Good on him for the goal, but his skills simply aren't good enough.

You would though. Everyone would be "ahh so great to have Sturridge coming back and scoring again, finally a striker etc".

Obviously Borini isn't at Dan's level atm, but he's done okay in the last 2 games. Keep in consideration he's still not proper match fit, and he hasn't any consistent playing time at all...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:22 pm

A good attempt Thumbs up
and a bad header Mad
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Bogdan did a really good job reading Borini's mind where he was going to put it. It was a good effort by Borini, but even better goalkeeping.

That free header, you should hit the target with those.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:06 am

Borini once again showing he's doesn't have the quality we need.

Hopefully with Sturridge fit, this guy doesn't get another second of game time. :coffee:  Might as well give those minutes to Ibe than waste them on a guy with no future or quality.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:57 am

Don't call me James wrote:Borini once again showing he's doesn't have the quality we need.

Hopefully with Sturridge fit, this guy doesn't get another second of game time. :coffee:  Might as well give those minutes to Ibe than waste them on a guy with no future or quality.

It really is a bummer than Ibe is cup-tied for FA Cup.

I have a feeling we weren't going to call him back and Origi was going to comeback, but there was a last minute change of plans, and at the time he had already played for Derby in the 3rd round.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:15 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Borini once again showing he's doesn't have the quality we need.

It really is a bummer than Ibe is cup-tied for FA Cup.

I have a feeling we weren't going to call him back and Origi was going to comeback, but there was a last minute change of plans, and at the time he had already played for Derby in the 3rd round.
I kind of hoped that Borini would start (against Bolton) up-front with Raheem & Lallana behind him.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5