RealGunner
The Franchise
Red Alert
S
36 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Vote

Javi Martinez vs Sergio Busquets - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%Javi Martinez vs Sergio Busquets - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 17 ]
Javi Martinez vs Sergio Busquets - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%Javi Martinez vs Sergio Busquets - Page 2 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 33

Javi Martinez vs Sergio Busquets - Page 2 Empty Re: Javi Martinez vs Sergio Busquets

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:11 am

See, when there's pressure, Barcas defence sucks. :/

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Javi Martinez vs Sergio Busquets - Page 2 Empty Re: Javi Martinez vs Sergio Busquets

Post by The Sanchez Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:40 am

Mamad wrote:Busquets is not the best DM in the world. he is some player who has great first touch and short passing, very clever n great on the ball. but he isn't a player to run for you and win battles.

Wins the ball almost instantly every time there is a turnover. 1 v 1 battles, he wins every time.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:53 am

Well, yesterday we had Sergio Busquets vs Real Madrid. Today we will see Javi Martínez versus Borussia Dortmund. I'm curious if there will be more people voting on the poll after seeing both within a short period of time.

Personally, I prefer Javi Martínez, by the way. He's definitely cuter than the other guy Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:34 am

Busquests was our best player yesterday. Great performance.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Not even an equal comparison. Busquets is miles better.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Javi Martinez vs Sergio Busquets - Page 2 Tumblr_mipts9xn7c1rw46m4o1_500
if only you were here in 2012
Proud
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:55 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:See, when there's pressure, Barcas defence sucks. :/

This is your evidence Laughing

Show me or tell me where Busquets made defensive errors?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Busquets was easily Barca's best defender yesterday

He was good
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Running hard, tackling hard, pace and commitment...these are all good things for a DM. But it simply means that he has these attributes because positionally and tactically he is not as good and must make up for that in other traits. This reminds me of someone like Khedira. Credit to him he works hard and he's a good player for it, but that's because mentally he has NOTHING on Busquets.

Busquets doesn't need to do any of these things due to being positionally perfect, tactically insane (in a good way), and a very, VERY smart player who knows how to use his body.

You Viva should know this, being a fan of Germany I'm sure you love Ozil. But let's just say that Ozil has not had a good time vs Busquets Razz There is a reason he's often forced out wide in games vs Barca...

As for any other non-defensive attribute- passing, dribbling, vision...Busquets destroys in this department.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:57 pm

CBarca wrote:Running hard, tackling hard, pace and commitment...these are all good things for a DM. But it simply means that he has these attributes because positionally and tactically he is not as good and must make up for that in other traits. This reminds me of someone like Khedira. Credit to him he works hard and he's a good player for it, but that's because mentally he has NOTHING on Busquets.

Busquets doesn't need to do any of these things due to being positionally perfect, tactically insane (in a good way), and a very, VERY smart player who knows how to use his body.

You Viva should know this, being a fan of Germany I'm sure you love Ozil. But let's just say that Ozil has not had a good time vs Busquets Razz There is a reason he's often forced out wide in games vs Barca...

As for any other non-defensive attribute- passing, dribbling, vision...Busquets destroys in this department.

That's a myth and Özil has been great the last past Clasico's.

None the less, Busquets has still performed very well vs. us and was the best defender for Barca yesterday.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Mamad wrote:Busquets is not the best DM in the world. he is some player who has great first touch and short passing, very clever n great on the ball. but he isn't a player to run for you and win battles.

So what? running and winning battles is overrated all that shows is that you are constantly out of position and rely on you're physical tools to get you out of a jam.

Busquets is never out of position for this to be a problem...

This myth you need to built like a tonne of bricks to be a DM has to die.

Most of the best DMs in history are ones with excellent footballing IQ who are never out of position so they don't need to be physical and make latch ditch tackles.

This brings up another debate on defending.....

I love the story about Alex Ferguson scouting Paolo Maldini at one point when he thought there was a chance he might be able to sign him. He wanted to know how many tackles Maldini made per match, and the answer came back, "Roughly one every other game".

It is the perfect way to defend, the only defenders who consistently make tackles are ones with terrible positioning if you are a good defender you don't have to tackle.

This applies to DM's too, tackling might be flashy but superb decision making and positioning will beat it every time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:38 am

Martinez doesn't even play DM for Bayern,him and Swine both play CM and are a fine partnership.When one goes forward the other will sit.Martinez often intercepts the ball high up the pitch due to his great anticipation and in the knowledge that Swine or even Kroos is there to cover his ass if he doesn't get the ball.

Busquets is the best DM in the world.I knew he would be since like 2006,when I seen him play in La Masia.Most people hadn't heard of him by then but I had.

If I was starting a new team and got offered the choice of signing one of these players I would pick Busquets.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Martinez probably.

Busquets has never scored against a big team.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:20 pm

AltoZ wrote:Martinez probably.

Busquets has never scored against a big team.
Yeah, like that's his job. lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Well, you got a lot of Defensive midfielders who can score goals.

Khedira for example, who plays exact same role for Real.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:04 pm

If Vidal and De Rossi are considered DMs, then Busquets sure as hell is not the best in the world.

In this debate, its very close. Martinez is a better tackler, more physical, and harder working. Busquets has better positioning and is a better passer. Right now i would take Martinez, as i think Busquets has always been overrated, and has only played in a top midfield. Martinez has proven himaelf now for a big team but also for a lower team in Bilbao. That, plus the fact that Busquets is a whiner and very unlikeable person overall, and i say Martinez.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:24 pm

AltoZ wrote:Well, you got a lot of Defensive midfielders who can score goals.

Khedira for example, who plays exact same role for Real.
Khedira is a box to box midfielder while Busquets is more like an Anchorman in a three man-midfield.

Totally different jobs.

And people shouldn't rate defensive midfielders through their goal scoring record lol.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:26 pm

But its a big positive if you can score goals.

Khedira has done it vs Barca last season La Liga finale. We havent seen Busquets do it vs the big guns.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm

AltoZ wrote:But its a big positive if you can score goals.

Khedira has done it vs Barca last season La Liga finale. We havent seen Busquets do it vs the big guns.
Busquets doesn't score because he doesn't put himself in a situation to score. That he leaves to his teammates. It's not his job at all.

While Khedira is a b2b midfielder and goes forward making runs.

I do hope you understand that not every outfield player has to score to do his job properly more so to be rated higher than their counterparts.

BTW the goal scored by Khedira was a pretty scrappy one where he got lucky that he was in the right place on the right time. Nothing to do with his ability as a player at all.

Can't believe that I'm even defending the guy who I would punch in the face given the chance lol.

Last edited by Jack Daniels on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Javi Martinez better than Busquets because he can score goals, and Khedira called a DM in the same thread....

the decadence of goallegacy new gen of posters :facepalm:

where is the new Mole, the new Jibers? ffs, we need saving
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Busquets and it wasn't even hard to choose, he's the best in the world at what he does.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Busquets and it wasn't even hard to choose, he's the best in the world at what he does.

I've been thinking about this, what he does, could you elaborate a bit ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:01 pm

I really mean this, anyone who doesnt recognise his greatness, I see as less of a poster.

Dont get me wrong, your entitled to your opinion but if you cant see how good he is, I question the very basis of your understanding of football.

My sister, she cant she why he is good...my mother...some guy who only watched Snooker....yeah I get it. But if you watch football and dont get it....shame on you.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Busquets puts himself In position to score when he goes forward at Set Pieces.

He also missed a crucial sitter last minute In last years Semi's at Stamford Bridge, so its not true what you say.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:08 pm

The Franchise wrote:

I really mean this, anyone who doesnt recognise his greatness, I see as less of a poster.

Dont get me wrong, your entitled to your opinion but if you cant see how good he is, I question the very basis of your understanding of football.

My sister, she cant she why he is good...my mother...some guy who only watched Snooker....yeah I get it. But if you watch football and dont get it....shame on you.

He is a good player, very intelligent, but nothing more IMO. He's lucky because he plays for Barca, he's the perfect DM for their system. Don't think he can prove in another team.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:08 pm

likeastar wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:Busquets and it wasn't even hard to choose, he's the best in the world at what he does.

I've been thinking about this, what he does, could you elaborate a bit ?
He does the role of a defensive midfielder and more, interceptions, tackles, breaking up play, pressing, covering the defense, distributing the ball, he even dribbles and creates pretty often.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next