BarrileteCosmico
DeviAngel
Onyx
The Franchise
Arquitecto
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

GoalLegacy Quintessential Tactical Discussion & Analysis Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: GoalLegacy Quintessential Tactical Discussion & Analysis Thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Bhends Van de Gogh

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GoalLegacy Quintessential Tactical Discussion & Analysis Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: GoalLegacy Quintessential Tactical Discussion & Analysis Thread

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Swanhends wrote:Holy balls I was thinking I cba making a diagram but there is no other way to illustrate this point, words are clearly not working

GoalLegacy Quintessential Tactical Discussion & Analysis Thread - Page 4 34np94n

If all of those move to the other side, then the passing lanes will be shut for the CB. It's not that easy to escape a press imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:58 pm

If you just put the ball in the goal 5 times, you'll probably win. It's really an easy game this football.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Swanhends wrote:Holy balls I was thinking I cba making a diagram but there is no other way to illustrate this point, words are clearly not working

GoalLegacy Quintessential Tactical Discussion & Analysis Thread - Page 4 34np94n

If all of those move to the other side, then the passing lanes will be shut for the CB. It's not that easy to escape a press imo.

The passing lane will be shut for the CB? Im not following you at all

I just drew it up right there. The way you created that diagram its an easy out

If you think you can draw it some other way where there are no easy outs and a spare man at the back be my guest, but I dunno how you're going to do that
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:21 pm

How can a CB find an accurate pass if there's multiple players pressing him and blocking off his passing lanes? It doesn't really work like chess imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 pm

A. Because there wont be multiple people pressing him

B. Because someone is wide open

C. Bhends diagram has no mention of a centeback
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm

I think in this situation pressing doesn't just mean marking the opposition players and seeing what they do. Pressing involves closing down etc too, so that means those players will be unmarked. However it's not easy to simply just pass to those unmarked players when there's players pressing you.

The CB's passing lanes being blocked was what was being discussed I think. It's a decent example, since that's where the pressing started.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Your just waffling so yeah, I have nothing to say.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:24 pm

I remember that 5-3-2 tactic that Garde pulled out of nowhere, because both Grenier and Gourcuff were injured and we had no creative midfielders left.

It was a classical Garde *bleep* up, trying to put an ultra defensive system that we had never tried before in one of the biggest match of the season.

Bordeaux's success with this system against PSG made him think that every team could play like that and got an easy draw. Garde is really a noob.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Arq you should rename this,"The Tactics Thread"

It's ridiculous that there is 30000 topics in this forum and none of em is solely created to discuss tactics
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:

GoalLegacy Quintessential Tactical Discussion & Analysis Thread - Page 4 AbEllvtabo

LOL. Dont know who draw this, but for that person I give you homework (I actually gave the same assignment at a class a few months back). Try and get out of this pressure by using CIRCLES (hint: Mourinho's Inter), wich gets countered(!) by TRIANGLES.

[edit] Sad

Last edited by Collblanc on Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Mourinho's Juve?

I wasn't aware such a thing existed.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Mourinho's Juve? hmm

Already forgotten in history. Flopinho Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Mourinho's Juve didn't pass in circles, we passed in dodecahedrons ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Oops.pale Inter, Juve, same mickey mouse stuff.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:18 pm

I thought you'd know the difference, being on a football forum and all. But hey, we can't all know about football I guess. Thumbs up
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Im confused by the question lol

Can you put it in another way?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:35 am

Just saw the original post, thanks for the link. Very nice read, something with substance for a change.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4