Art Morte
iftikhar
stevieg8
DeletedUser#1
McAgger
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wigan vs. Liverpool || March 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan vs. Liverpool || March 2

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:24 pm

FT 4 - 0 to us.

It's a bit of a weird 4 - 0 win, because the team that scored nil actually had more attempts to score than us. As a team we were better only in defence, not in midfield or attack where it was pretty even flow back and forth between the teams, but we got the individual moments of sparkling quality that earned us the goals.

Reina had a good game and great to see Suarez with a hat-trick that puts him on top of the league's goal-scoring chart after 28 rounds. Those two were our best players today, imo, with Coutinho and maybe Carragher coming next.

And Downing scored :bow:

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Wigan vs. Liverpool || March 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Wigan vs. Liverpool || March 2

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Suarez never fails to surprise. Reina had one of his best games in a long time. Coutinho :bow: The rest all solid. Bring on Spurs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Art Morte wrote:FT 4 - 0 to us.

It's a bit of a weird 4 - 0 win, because the team that scored nil actually had more attempts to score than us. As a team we were better only in defence, not in midfield or attack where it was pretty even flow back and forth between the teams, but we got the individual moments of sparkling quality that earned us the goals.

Reina had a good game and great to see Suarez with a hat-trick that puts him on top of the league's goal-scoring chart after 28 rounds. Those two were our best players today, imo, with Coutinho and maybe Carragher coming next.

And Downing scored :bow:

:brickwall: :brickwall:

affraid
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:00 pm

no doubt we took on the chances we got and scored, so happy for suarez. At the end of the season, he certainly deserves either best player award (or champions league in next season Razz ). The way he kind of dummied for his second goal deceiving their keeper, was a real class Wigan vs. Liverpool || March 2 - Page 2 1499845164But I should say, without sturridge we could score four goals, that is a good thing for me. Poor Hendo has to sit out inspite of his good form. I guess, we still looked OK in last part of the game and not completely flat, in fact we could not score for few chances.

The next best thing is, spurs have arsenal, intermilan and then they come to anfield...so we should really push them hard and we can surely win that one, i hope sturridge comes back till then.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:19 pm

3 wins in a row :bow: I can finally see us breaking the duck against Spurs in the league. We always outplay them and yet somehow still lose. Let's hope Bale gets suspended tomorrow and doesn't play against us. If he does play we should play United's defensive tactics on him. Always close down his left side and let him run to the right, and never commit to a challenge. Just pressure him and lead him to his right foot and he becomes pretty useless. Barring the freekicks of course.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:42 am

Our last six Premier League wins:
4-0, 5-0, 5-0, 3-0, 3-0, 4-0. :bow: :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:15 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Our last six Premier League wins:
4-0, 5-0, 5-0, 3-0, 3-0, 4-0. :bow: :bow:

Well now we are third behind just Manchester United & Chelsea in terms of Goal Scored! drinking

Edit: I mean in the Premier League. .

Last edited by Fahim89 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:16 am

Well at least we're scoring goals. Last season we couldn't score to save our lives.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:19 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Well at least we're scoring goals. Last season we couldn't score to save our lives.

Well if our finishing was better who knew where would have been now!!! Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:26 am

The only negative this season is that we either destroy teams or we don't win. Needs to be addressed in the offseason. We've thrown away too many leads. We literally need 3 or more goals to win a match.

This whole season we've only won 2 matches in PL where we've scored less than 3 goals. (1-0 over Reading and Southampton). All other wins have required 3+ goals.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:37 am

Well for me the biggest weakness has been . . Lack of Experience which resulted in us not finishing games we should have won . . like Manchester City Home & Away, Arsenal Away & Everton Away. All these games where very much in our grasp but somehow we couldn't cross the line. I pretty much thing it is because of lack of maturity & experience in the squad.

But in time this things can be mended. . . Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:45 am

We won the Everton away game, don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Same with Swansea away. Enrique's goal was miles onside as well.

Can't believe we've been cheated off 4 points this season by disallowed goals Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:49 am

Now come to think of it somehow in both ManCity blunder goals Reina & Skrtel were around to spoil the day!!! Not the greatest of tag teams!! Sad

There went 4 more. . Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:51 am

That's 8 points right there we would've had on a perfectly normal day.

We would have 50 points right now sitting 5th, 1 point behind Spurs. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 am

Luis Garcia ‏@LuchoGarcia14
Just checked reds scored and received many twits of how the travelling the Kop were singing my song again. Cant be more grateful. #ynwa

I f*cking love this guy sooooooo much. One of my fav pool players ever :bow: our traveling fans did great last night. Sang songs for Rafa, Hyypia, Luis Garcia, Suarez, Rodgers, Lucas, Gerrard and Coutinho. Even the commentators in my stream were amazed.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:30 am

David Anderson ‏@MirrorAndersonĀ 
Liverpool's support at the DW is the best I've seen from away fans this season.

:bow: Best fans in the world :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:36 pm

This game is just the opposite of what we mostly had last season and pretty frequently this season as well. In those games both the Wigan attempts would have gone in and two of Suarez attempts would be saved or miss.

I was expecting a more rousing scoreline. Don't understand why BR didn't send in Assaidi 'n Suso with 25-30 mins remaining.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:David Anderson ‏@MirrorAndersonĀ 

That's what happens when you can get tickets at an empty stadium for 5 bucks Laughing
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:25 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:David Anderson ‏@MirrorAndersonĀ 

That's what happens when you can get tickets at an empty stadium for 5 bucks Laughing

Nah our away fans were given only given 400 seats and we almost always fill them. Our away fans are best :bow: You are right about the tickets though, I believe Wigan have the cheapest ticket prices in the league with 28 pounds or something like that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:47 pm

I've always heard Wigan's stadium is pretty empty during their games, though. Is it not possible for away supporters to buy tickets from other parts of the stadium?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:49 pm

stevieg8 wrote:I've always heard Wigan's stadium is pretty empty during their games, though. Is it not possible for away supporters to buy tickets from other parts of the stadium?

I was always under the impression that they are not allowed. But I wouldn't know for sure. In European games away supports are prohibited from purchasing tickets in other parts of the stadium because of the potential violence. I'm not sure about the league though.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:I've always heard Wigan's stadium is pretty empty during their games, though. Is it not possible for away supporters to buy tickets from other parts of the stadium?

I was always under the impression that they are not allowed. But I wouldn't know for sure. In European games away supports are prohibited from purchasing tickets in other parts of the stadium because of the potential violence. I'm not sure about the league though.

Right, I figured the violence was the reason, but I'm curious how they'd prevent an LFC fan from going on Wigan's website and purchasing a ticket.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Yeah the systems seems flawed in my eyes as well Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2