Iniesta related question, for Real fans?

+13
Jack Daniels
guest7
Omniscient
the xcx
Pedram
McAgger
Zealous
Calebvision
Onyx
FennecFox7
FalcaoPunch
LeBéninois
eelir
17 posters

Go down

Iniesta related question, for Real fans? Empty Iniesta related question, for Real fans?

Post by eelir Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:26 pm

I ONLY want to know something and that is how do RM fans feel about Iniesta's footballing ( for instance has he surpassed Zidane )? Where does he fit in in the sports hierarchy, present and all time?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Iniesta related question, for Real fans? Empty Re: Iniesta related question, for Real fans?

Post by LeBéninois Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:10 am

You're taking this too seriously Laughing

Only thing wrong about '' THE thread '' is the timing
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Iniesta related question, for Real fans? Empty Re: Iniesta related question, for Real fans?

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:34 am

He's amazing :bow:
Favorite barca player for me. Such talent.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:02 am

Great, great player. Actually on par with ronaldo for me. Problem is, both iniesta and ronaldo imo in that thread in your section were underrated, lol.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:06 am

One of the best players in the World.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Iniesta related question, for Real fans? Empty Terriffic Player

Post by Calebvision Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:13 am

Great "field general". Probably more skilled than Zidane, but not as much of the "it factor".

It would be interesting to see how he would do on a more "vertical team", like Real, as opposed to spending so much time circling, looking for cutters!

My opinion!

Calebvision
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:31 am

One of the best in the world for sure. Don't think he is Zidane level in that he can't be the focal point of a team like Zizou was. Also I think Zidane was more well rounded overall and succeeded in different leagues with different teams.

He'll retire a legend for sure but perhaps only remembered as a great cog in a great machine.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:40 am

Laughing is this in response to that CR thread in the Barca section??
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:33 pm

He's better than Messi at the moment.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:27 am

Great little technical midfielder, not a game changer tho due to always being played in favor of his strengths. top 100 to me.
No idea why cules think his midfield contributions are more valued for the team as a whole rather than scoring consistently 50 goals a season.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:47 am

Ozil is far superior to Iniesta.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:37 am

We might as well lock this thread too, since the Ronaldo one over there is locked already. Don't see anything good coming out of it, as I see comparisons are already out in full force.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:53 am

Iniesta is cool but it annoys me how Barca fans overhype him

They're seriously arguing that Iniesta has surpassed Zidane.

Iniesta isn't even better than CR, if we're going by that it means CR > Iniesta > Zidane. Which I don't agree with.

Zidane > CR > Iniesta.

That's my only beef, he is cool though and a alltime great.

BTW don't lock this thread. I dislike how Barca section treats anything Madrid related (even if it's a good question/discussion) as trolling. I'd like us to be atleast civil when Barca fans try to discuss stuff with us.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:02 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:We might as well lock this thread too, since the Ronaldo one over there is locked already. Don't see anything good coming out of it, as I see comparisons are already out in full force.
Not yet. We'll see though. Atm this thread is kinda civil unlike the CR one.

Anybody who pushes it will be warned. Cool
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:25 am

Se7en wrote:Iniesta is cool but it annoys me how Barca fans overhype him

Iniesta isn't even better than CR, if we're going by that it means CR > Iniesta > Zidane. Which I don't agree with.

Zidane > CR > Iniesta.

BTW don't lock this thread. I dislike how Barca section treats anything Madrid related (even if it's a good question/discussion) as trolling. I'd like us to be atleast civil when Barca fans try to discuss stuff with us.
Iniesta has won more titles than Zidane while playing a pivotal role for both club and country, being the MOTM in many high profile matches, and Barca are found to struggle in the later stages of the CL without him. His career is not over but I think Iniesta has at least earned the right to compare himself with Zidane.

For the record I also dislike how some users in the Barca forum treat anything Madrid related as trolling.

Also, on form alone this season, Iniesta > CR, Messi.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:58 am

Wasn't impressed by Iniesta last season, also wasn't impressed by him in the past couple clasicos tbh, he has been outshone by several of our players in the recent meetings, yesterday for example Modric with far fewer touches was much more impressive than him.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Zidane > CR > Iniesta.

Iniesta has won more titles than Zidane while playing a pivotal role for both club and country, being the MOTM in many high profile matches, and Barca are found to struggle in the later stages of the CL without him. His career is not over but I think Iniesta has at least earned the right to compare himself with Zidane.

For the record I also dislike how some users in the Barca forum treat anything Madrid related as trolling.

wat

CR is being at the form of his life, he is at his peak and many pundits and journalists are agreeing with that.

Seriously, right now, CR > Iniesta & Messi. That much is CERTAIN for me right now. CR is just not only scoring goals but he is performing well in other areas as well, even his freekicks are looking dangerous again.

Like I said earlier, if Iniesta is a better player than Zidane, then so is CR. (we can all agree CR is a better player than Iniesta, right?)

I disagree with that. To me, Zidane is a better player than those two. I do agree that Iniesta is close. That's about it. Zidane is still clearly the better player.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:09 am

Omniscient wrote:Ozil is far superior to Iniesta.
LoL...
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:21 am

LeDNA wrote:
LoL...

Well he isn't, but he doesn't need to be far superior to play better and more effective than Iniesta in most if not all clasicos last season and this season.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:32 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Zidane > CR > Iniesta.

Are you saying if Zidane played for this Barca/Spain they wouldn't have won the things they did?

I think Iniesta is great but he is a cog in the machine. Zidane was more than just that, he was more well rounded and could actually carry a team to a decisive victory with the burden of creating chances resting solely on him.

Iniesta deserves to be a legend in his own right but he's never been the best player in the world. Zidane has 1 Balon D'Or (could have been more) and 3 FIFA world player of the year awards. Not to mention scoring in WC/CL finals and pretty much having a highlight reel career.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Balon D'Or means little though. Had this Messi played in Zidane's time (or worse, in his team) Zidane's Balon D'Or count would be zero.

Also I'm not saying Barca would not have won what we have won if we had Zidane instead of Iniesta, only pointing out that Iniesta is a very influential player for us. The usual argument in favor of Zidane is precisely the one you make, that he was the system and he carried his team to greatness. While undoubtedly true, it's not Iniesta's fault he plays in a much more complete team where he is not the sole source of creativity. That can't be held against him, especially because Iniesta has been such a key player at the highest level.

I'm not saying he's better, all I'm saying is that it's not a ridiculous question to ask as some people here dismissively suggest.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:50 pm

The first sentence is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge assumption on your part eco smile Even then, Ronaldo was competing with Zidane in terms of individual awards. In 2002 you could argue that Zidane was robbed of another Balon D'Or because Ronaldo had a great World Cup comeback. Zidane was great for the whole season.

Of course it's not a ridiculous question. Iniesta is awesome. That doesn't mean that the answer to the question isn't clear though. In my opinion and in the opinion of many others Zidane was a better player. He could do what Iniesta did as well as other things.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Zealous wrote:The first sentence is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge assumption on your part eco smile Even then, Ronaldo was competing with Zidane in terms of individual awards. In 2002 you could argue that Zidane was robbed of another Balon D'Or because Ronaldo had a great World Cup comeback. Zidane was great for the whole season.

Of course it's not a ridiculous question. Iniesta is awesome. That doesn't mean that the answer to the question isn't clear though. In my opinion and in the opinion of many others Zidane was a better player. He could do what Iniesta did as well as other things.

Wasn't that his first season at Real Madrid? and if so, you do know that for much of the first season everyone was questioning Zidane? He finally got his act together at the end of the season, but to say that he was great for the whole season is a lie..

And even then, Zidane didn't deserve his ballon d'or in 98. Heck he wasn't even the best french man at the WC...

alexander mahone wrote:
LeDNA wrote:
LoL...

Well he isn't, but he doesn't need to be far superior to play better and more effective than Iniesta in most if not all clasicos last season and this season.

Really? Last season when we defeated you 3-1 and the first leg of the supercup this season Iniesta was godlike, IMO better than any clasico that Özil has played, Iniesta was our best player when we drew 1-1 as well..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down