Il Principino
•MilanDevil•
Ganso
Chagur
milanfan7
57 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 20 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Fadi Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:00 pm

yeah, seems the move is almost official now and that's great but we still need 2 more midfielders to be able to compete with the likes of barca and madrid in CL next season..

as many here have stated, ganso is a must!, el shaarawi is too young to be counted on, he's one for the future. ganso is a must, i have full trust in galliani and i believe he knows what he's doing..

as for the montolivo rumours, i hope they're false!, he's not milan's quality and he's very unconsistent. pretty average player IMO, de rossi is much better if we can het him...

Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 20 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Montolivo I hope is true. He's definitely a very good player. Smile We should move for him. De Rossi is temperamental... and has way too many issues right now holding him back.

I don't think El Sharaawy will play for the first team. I think he may play for the primavera because of his age. We do have a budget set for the primavera anyways.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:11 pm

montolivo isn't the kind of player we need to compete for CL next season, he's not milan's calibure IMO, de rossi would be much better but you're right he's temperamental and has had many issues with his club recently....

not sure about this move really........
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:14 pm

De Rossi has sucked this season. And I have major doubts about him. His attitude is a huge problem. Montolivo is a great player... trust me. He would be great for our midfield and would adjust in well.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:31 pm

So, it's all but confirmed that we are the co-owners of El Shaarawy along with Genoa and Genoa has also acquired Merkel on co-ownership. What do you think? I think this is a win win for us, El Shaarawy is a phenomenal talent and Merkel can gain more minutes with Genoa than he can ever get in Milan, gaining valuable experience. Great work by Galliani.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:34 pm

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/mercato/mercato/articoli/62048/el-shaarawy-milan-accordo-vicino.shtml

Yeah pretty much confirmed. I think he's a very good talent, but we will have to see. I'm not sure if El Shaarawy will play right away for the senior team, but I think it is a good move.

While it is said we spent 6-7 mil on half of his contract, with the money we got from Merkel... it'll obviously be less spent in the end. Smile Not an expensive move.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm very surprised with the El Shaarawy deal. I personally didn't want him but I hope he proves me wrong and breaks into the team with outstanding performances.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:31 pm

How much money are we getting for half of Merkel's contract?
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:43 pm

Nice to have el-Shaaraway, I hope he fulfills his potential.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:55 pm

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=54820

The first significant details about the transfer.... we paid 5.5 million for the co-ownership transfer to Milan, plus half of Merkel's contract. We got a better deal out of this one then originally thought... especially considering Genoa turned down a more lucrative bid of 10 million from Inter. And Preziosi at one point was stating that he was worth 15 million. Galliani was definitely behind this one.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:00 pm

We paid 5.5 million plus half of merkel for half of El Shaarawy... i think we got ripped off. if merkel is worth about 5 million, we paid about 8 million for half of his contract... he better be good. Cause he ain't worth 16 million...

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:02 pm

We gave them half of Merkel's contract. Merkel isn't anymore than 4 million I don't think. We didn't get ripped off at all. Not at all. This is actually a very good deal. I can't believe people overrate Merkel this much. It's rather silly.

Also we may have took a majority of his contract. It's not 50/50.

Plus the upside to all this is if he doesn't work out, Genoa can always buy back the other part of his contract.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:26 pm

'Pharaoh' is a great signing!

Giancarlo wrote:We gave them half of Merkel's contract. Merkel isn't anymore than 4 million I don't think. We didn't get ripped off at all. Not at all. This is actually a very good deal. I can't believe people overrate Merkel this much. It's rather silly.

I wont argue with you here,
But its more than that as to why we love him and "overrate" him so much.
He was the first AC Milan Primavera player in a long time, who managed to break into the first team. The guy before that was Paloschi, there was also Strasser but i find he's been largely dissapointing. Especially for someone who (apparently) been so fantastic for our Primavera

But all in all, Merkel should be re-signed eventually and given the chance he deserves at Milan
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:29 pm

I kinda think Merkel was a bit of a headless chicken in midfield... and I still remember Giovinco pushing him off the ball. He was disappointing in most of the matches... and mostly played in the Coppa. I think Strasser was more important and was starting to do well. He even had a goal. I wasn't ever disappointed by Strasser... I thought he was maturing nicely.

However, I think Merkel still has potential to be a very good player. But he's far from being ready.

Anyways, I hope for more interesting and exciting moves in the market in the days to come. It seems like we are just getting started.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cositomilan Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:36 pm

merkel has potential but we need to polish his game
cositomilan
cositomilan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vu Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:05 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Galliani: There will be a single purchase & it will be in late August.

has anyone still doubts that our mr. x is ganso?

vu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:10 am

I think it is Ganso for sure.

But I'm sure we will make more than one purchase... I think really... Ganso will be our one big expensive purchase. There will be other important ones along the way (as we have already seen).
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by vu Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:15 am

on the el shaarawy deal: id be pretty disappointed if we indeed gave 5.5m to genoa and half of merkels rights for ''just'' a co-ownership... but first ill wait for an official statement as i still unsure about the details...

im curious about how merkel will fare in genoa though.... and i hope that the strasser move to novara will materialize

vu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:16 am

I think it's actually quite a good deal. But that's just my opinion.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:18 am

silva pretty much gave it away today in an interview,he even said milan had already made an offer for him and ganso was interested affraid
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:26 am

These transfers are always a risk but it's nice to see Milan making these kind of deals, though I'm not looking forward to buying back half of Merkel's contract at an inflated price. Given Genoa's ambition of bringing in a central midfielder to raise their game another level I'm concerned for his chances, especially if their coach uses the 3-4-3, where he would have little use, if any, however this isn't a settled manner.

Now we'll have to see whether we'll initially use el Shaarawy as a make-weight for another transfer by sending him on loan or if he'll train with the first team but play for our Primavera.

Ganso truly does seem to be the likely deal, though Galliani's comments might also be interpreted as another player arriving within a week. Going back to Arquitecto's thread, our eyes will likely be scouring the papers for a box-to-box midfielder to compliment his signing (you can probably guess who I want.) Beyond that we might make a few signings for our youth team if opportunities arise and await the possible conclusion of an Astori deal, though I don't want him rotting on our bench.

I only just remembered that in my dream last night we'd just bought Sandro. I must say today's news is more appealing.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by vu Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:30 am

well, a lot of posters in here are seemingly convinced that ganso will be an instant success for us and that hes well worth the huge price-tag that santos insist on, but personally, im not so sure if gansos worth the ~30m that we are allegedly ready to pay for him.

i do think that hes quality though, but i hope to strike a better deal. just pay 20m + bonuses when he reaches a certain amount of matches played etc.

vu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:39 am

I think Ganso's effect on his national team at such a young age, evidenced as much by his absence as his presence, has raised the confidence of a lot of people, as well as the fact that we've almost been spoilt by the quick adaptation of our Brazilians in recent times or even by our targets such as Hernanes.

I'm unsure as to how immediately effective he will be, however I don't believe he'll be by any means poor. Even if he takes time to adjust or if he takes a while to learn how to control our game he'll likely still offer an improvement to our build up, whilst even though statistics aren't vitally important, he'll likely provide enough assists throughout the season to continue to build our faith in him in the early days.

Last edited by dostoevsky on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by vu Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:45 am

dostoevsky wrote:...await the possible conclusion of an Astori deal, though I don't want him rotting on our bench....

if im not mistaken, astori was quoted as saying that hed happily stay for another year at cagliari, only on loan this time.
the plan is that well try to redeem the other half of astori and loan him straight back. hell only be brought back the following season with possibly nesta and yepes retiring/leaving...

vu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:59 am

vu wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:...await the possible conclusion of an Astori deal, though I don't want him rotting on our bench....

if im not mistaken, astori was quoted as saying that hed happily stay for another year at cagliari, only on loan this time.
the plan is that well try to redeem the other half of astori and loan him straight back. hell only be brought back the following season with possibly nesta and yepes retiring/leaving...

A loan is best for all concerned if he's still happy at Cagliari, which also enables us to call him back in January if any of our stars succumb to a season ending injury. Cagliari is perhaps not the most ideal club to see him develop further, however we also have to be mindful that he now has a life in the city and there's no point moving him needlessly for only six or twelve months.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:33 am

As far as Genoa, we've always got more than fair prices for players. We bought part of Boateng's contract for like 2.5 million, then the other half for around 7 million... the player was under 10 million.

I think Genoa is always willing to work with us fairly and get us the right kind of deal.

And yes, I do think Ganso would succeed at Milan... and rather fairly quickly. He is the real deal. I've seen him play enough for Santos to know that. Even playing out of position he plays quite well. He's best as an CAM.

People keep saying 30 million. 30 million is just the base price. I think we can get him for 25 million because he is totally worth the price. We need to move sooner rather then later.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next