rwo power
RealGunner
Kaladin
McAgger
Onyx
74 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion

Post by Giovinco12 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:24 am

rwo power wrote:
Giovinco12 wrote:So if Bayern win the Treble,what's expected of Pep then?
Win a triple-treble? He has 3 years contract, he can do it! Very Happy

This reminds me of that poor guy who had to take over from Luis Aragones after Spain won Euro 2008

Giovinco12
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 am

You mean Del Bosque? The guy who managed Spain to a World Cup? lol

@RWO

Our record in Germany is terrible but the law of averages says we're bound to get a big win there at some point.

In any case I think our home form will play a huge part for us from here on out Very Happy
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:55 am

@Zealous

Well, with the Hunter and most of the other strikers out, Schalke will have to work hard to get past Galatasaray in the first place. But if they do, they can be the usual surprise package. And don't forget, they have Teemu Pukki who is a real GOAT XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:00 am

Zealous wrote:You mean Del Bosque? The guy who managed Spain to a World Cup? lol

And another Euro cup. Though I liked Spain more under Aragones. They seemed less timid.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:01 am

I have heard so much about this Pukki and every time I see him he has hardly impressed. What has he really done as a striker in Schalke? He only has 6 goals in 29 games and does not deserve anywhere near the hype he receives.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:06 am

Arquitecto wrote:I have heard so much about this Pukki and every time I see him he has hardly impressed. What has he really done as a striker in Schalke? He only has 6 goals in 29 games and does not deserve anywhere near the hype he receives.
Well, the hype was actually from when Pukki scored all three goals for Helsinki in the two legs of 2011's EL qualification between Helsinki and Schalke. That was when Schalke snatched him up right away. It's a pity Pukki didn't continue developing, but maybe now hew ill be forced to do so as he is the only striker left for Schalke atm. Moreover, the work "pukki" actually can mean "goat" in finnish, so he's a real GOAT XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:36 am

Arsenal will go through!

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:36 am

Bayern vs Juventus
Dortmund vs Madrid

pls
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 am

Personally dont care who we draw in the next round because the minimum objective at the start of the season was to make last 8 and that has been achieved.What we achieve in the coming rounds is all a bonus as far as i'm concerned.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 am

whoever we get we will struggle

bring on the draws g
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:24 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:whoever we get we will struggle

bring on the draws g

It's pretty obvious that we are the weakest team still left in the competition Sad
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Zealous wrote:

bring on the draws g

It's pretty obvious that we are the weakest team still left in the competition Sad

Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion - Page 2 Bavww310

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Now that we beat Man Utd, I'm sure we won't be too worried about facing a big team.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:48 pm

bring on the draws g

You would batter Schalke or Gala, probably beat Malaga, Porto, PSG or Milan and struggle against Juve, Dortmund, Bayern tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:49 pm

In fact we need to play a team who won't allow us to have possession. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 pm

In serie A we like to keep the ball, yet in Europe we're content to soak up pressure and break. To the detriment of Pirlo. However, the systems working extremely well for us. Madrid would probably have the ball more than Juventus or at least within a few %
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:24 pm

I can imagine how it'd be against Juve. We'd be keeping possession but not even managing a shot on goal. Juve would then exploit our poor defense on the counter etc etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:47 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
Zealous wrote:

bring on the draws g

Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion - Page 2 Bavww310

rofl rofl rofl
best picture ever!
LMAO!!!
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:57 pm

There will be no easy teams in the quarters. All the teams are more than capable to take out any other... Very good competition this year.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

bring on the draws g

You would batter Schalke or Gala, probably beat Malaga, Porto, PSG or Milan and struggle against Juve, Dortmund, Bayern tbh.

all of that on paper. we have been struggling all season against any team, having both our forwards out of form hasn't helped the matter an ounce
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Perhaps Hala but if anyone other than Juve, Dortmund or Bayern beat you i would be massively shocked tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Perhaps Hala but if anyone other than Juve, Dortmund or Bayern beat you i would be massively shocked tbh.

lol strangly enough I wouldn't. I can see us squeezing past the quarters and falling short in the semis. thats an insult on our previous season where we were serious contenders with all our players firing from all cylinders and still went out in the semis.

I would be very very surprised if we reached the finals unless our attackers bar ronaldo finally realise that they need to move their sorry ass as well if we are to win

god if you love us give us Galatasaray in the quarters if they make it and then porto in the semis Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Hala... you know i've been saying this for ages. Mou needs to pick a CF and stick with him. Neither is going to get in form this way. I don't care who it is at this point. This 50/50 rotation is a complete failure this year because neither wanted it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 pm

What I would like to see:
Real - PSG
Dortmund - Milan/Barca
Bayern - Malaga/Porto
Juve - Schalke/Galatasaray

All matches would be something fresh. But one thing I don't wanna see is another Real - Milan game Mad

and hopefully semi's:
Real/PSG - Juve/Schalke/Galatasaray
Bayern/Malaga/Porto - Dortmund/Milan/Barca

and hopefully final:
Real - Bayern

Change to see Bayern lose CL final again would be quite funny thing tongue although beating Barca in the final with B squad would be quite tempting too hmm
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:04 pm

I wanted to see a Juve-Barca final but it seems unlikely now

Bayern-Juve won't be bad though

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:04 pm

El Clasico final. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next