rwo power
RealGunner
Kaladin
McAgger
Onyx
74 posters

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:04 pm

El Clasico final. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League Quarter-final draw discussion

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm sure ISG will get Schalke... so

Real-Juve
Bayern-Porto
Dortmund-Milan
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:19 pm

I want a big club, but I'd prefer playing the likes of Madrid in the semi final. Just makes the victory for either team that much more exciting. As well as the game itsself.

Obviously if we drew shalke/Gala I wouldn't complain. But I would feel like we had too good of a draw to be boasting about our place in the semi's.

I need to see Ibra Vs AC Milan too.

I've seen Ibra Vs Juve ( Sad ) Ibra Vs Inter. Now time for Ibra vs Milan. It's only fair God, make it happen Bro.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:24 pm

Real - Barca final would be boring as usual.

El Classicos are getting old.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:48 pm

AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Obviously if we drew shalke/Gala I wouldn't complain. But I would feel like we had too good of a draw to be boasting about our place in the semi's.
When Inter drew Schalke last time, they thought they got the easy path to the semis as well. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:53 pm

The difference is RWO, Inter Milan were on a slippery slope to mid-table quality.

They could no longer defend, whereas Juve have arguably the best defence in Europe. At least the most consistent anyway.

Last edited by AbraKebabra Alacalamb on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Arsenal vs. Barca final :coffee:
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:04 pm

rwo power wrote:
AbraKebabra Alacalamb wrote:Obviously if we drew shalke/Gala I wouldn't complain. But I would feel like we had too good of a draw to be boasting about our place in the semi's.
When Inter drew Schalke last time, they thought they got the easy path to the semis as well. :coffee:

Inter were on the decline at the time.Leonardo had absolutely no tactics on defense and basically 1 horrible night at the San Siro screwed up the whole tie for them.

Look i am not saying Schalke cannot get past Juve.Anything can happen in football.But what i know is that it will be hard to stop this Juve side for them.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Schalke vs Juventus
Milan vs Dortmund
Bayern vs Porto
Real vs PSG

Thats what i would like to see. I dont want Schalke because theyre supposedly easy (because i dont beliece they are, theyre a completely different team in big games this season, just ask Dortmund and Arsenal). I want to face them because Gelsenkirchen is an hour from Koln (where i live), and i could go to the game. And not Dortmund cuz i want a Juve-BVB final.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Surag wrote:Inter were on the decline at the time.Leonardo had absolutely no tactics on defense and basically 1 horrible night at the San Siro screwed up the whole tie for them.

Look i am not saying Schalke cannot get past Juve.Anything can happen in football.But what i know is that it will be hard to stop this Juve side for them.
Well, I just object to Schalke being the "easy path". I mean, they defeated Dortmund twice this season already - home and away - and Dortmund are no scrubs either.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:53 pm

am I the only one who thinks Galatasaray will progress? hmm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Yup. Razz

(Schalke are atm on a psychological high due to their double derby win, they won't accept any defeat in the CL right now)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:00 pm

If Schalke can keep the performances from their last games they will progress
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:00 pm

Firenze wrote:am I the only one who thinks Galatasaray will progress? hmm

You're not alone.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Yep, i agree with Rwo. Schalke have been extremely good in every big game this season, despite their comparitively poor BL form against the smaller teams. Now, after their huge second win over Dortmund in the biggest Derby in Germany, i see no way of Gala progressing.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 pm

most likely Schalke will go through with their weird cup-game swagger, vintage bayern style almost, only to get completely outplayed in the next round by a european heavyweight
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Well, Schalke's main problem is that they don't have Manuel Neuer anymore to rescue them if need be.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:13 pm

rwo power wrote:
Surag wrote:Inter were on the decline at the time.Leonardo had absolutely no tactics on defense and basically 1 horrible night at the San Siro screwed up the whole tie for them.

Well, I just object to Schalke being the "easy path". I mean, they defeated Dortmund twice this season already - home and away - and Dortmund are no scrubs either.

Plus IIRC Schalke were still in the relgation battle during their CL run?

Here is my dream QF:
Dortmund vs Schalke
Juventus vs PSG
Bayern vs Real Madrid
Milan/Barca vs Porto
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:25 pm

TBH I agree with RWO and Juve in a sense, I also think Schalke are favorites. But I can easily see them crash out as well, I'd call it like 60-40 in Schalke's favor, not more. They have been in great form for the past two or three weeks though, so there really might be something of a comeback happening here. And Schalke are great on a good day.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:20 am

QF is tough to call at this point... and in all honesty, I really dont care who we draw. In the end, I see juve as middle of the pack with the remaining teams in the competition. We arent better than Bayern or real, we are on par with Dortmund, and PSG/Schalke are no pushovers. So in the end I feel we would be evenly matched/slight underdogs in most of, if not all of the possible ties.

For the record, it is not a foregone conclusion that Barcelona are out... :coffee:

In addition, I want a Dortmund - Juve Final to finish the best of 3 series started in 1996.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:55 am

ioiliersrock 448 going for the easiest draw to bayern, Sad have some mercy on us please
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:03 am

madrid to get eliminated again by bayern? no way

gimme bayern

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:05 am

As long as Bayern don't get AC Milan, everything will be fine ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:13 am

Idiot wrote:madrid to get eliminated again by bayern? no way

gimme bayern

Hope you get them.

(Unfortunately i think this clash wouldnt happen this early in the Tournament)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:13 am

I rather get Bayern than Juve tbh
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:42 am

Ozil returning to Gelsenkirchen would be a nice story imo :wub:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next