CBarca
Kick
Forza
beatrixasdfghjk.
The Sanchez
15 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Forza Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:49 am

Loving the Reggina support btw, Kick. Shall I add you as an official supporter?

You must answer 1 question about Reggina to prove your genuine support though. Here it is, a pretty tough one if I do say so myself....

Q: How many goals has Gianmario Comi scored this season?

Also, you have to post at least once in the official thread! Edit: just saw that you have! :bow:

Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Talk About Whatever Thread

Post by Kick Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:52 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Loving the Reggina support btw, Kick. Shall I add you as an official supporter?

You must answer 1 question about Reggina to prove your genuine support though. Here it is, a pretty tough one if I do say so myself....

Q: How many goals has Gianmario Comi scored this season?

Also, you have to post at least once in the official thread! Edit: just saw that you have! :bow:

Thumbs up

It's in your sig, mate. 11. Laughing

Also, I did.

And yes, add me as a supporter and send me some links for streams too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Is anyone going to either of the A-League semis?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Hello again. I'm back and posting links hehe.

I hope you guys are up for another read from me. Very happy with this one.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1598052-champions-league-changes-barcelona-must-make-vs-psg

Cheers.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:26 am

Arrrgh. I have an assignment due today and for some reason it wouldn't load on the uni computers so I had to race home to collect it. Sad

Missed my first lecture this year because of it. Mad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:35 am

I take it they don't record geology lectures?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:38 am

Not this one. Mad

I go anyway because otherwise I put off watching the lecture online.

The lecture slides are generally enough though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:48 am

Reading about Thatcher because of the Thatcher thread and wanting to understand why she's so hated in the north of England, I managed to read a good hour and a half on all this material.

It reminds me of how much stuff there is to know in this world. There is so much knowledge, so many interesting things to know... and I love learning it all, I do.

It angers me a bit because...there are classes in school where we just don't do shit. And I know in the subject I could learn more if I bought a couple books and read them on my own time. Hell, even search the web and just read. Going to these classes is quite frankly a large waste of my time.

I took a genetics class because I love the subject. But it's probably nearing 3/4ths done and I haven't learned a thing that I didn't know already from AP Bio or learned myself.

Thinking about the VAST waste of time that class is...is upsetting.

Even worse is the busywork that comes with the class which is both a waste of time and distracting from classes where I actually do learn something.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:56 am

Do you think it would be wise if schools encouraged periods of reading all the way up to Yr 12 (final year of high school)?

eg. Instead of a class, give students 2 hours where they must read something. There could be a marked journal or something to ensure kids actually are doing something in that time.

I say this because I completely agree... You can learn so much more from just reading stuff... and it would encourage a vital life skill. Reading is so important for both leisure and tertiary studies as well as work later in life.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 am

I think that would be an ingenious idea but...I can't think of how much support something like that would garner, and it would have to be done well or it's useless. Kids will try their best to play on their ipods and dick off instead of reading.

After 2nd hour and before 3rd hour there is 15 minutes for reading. It's both astonishing how little people read and alarming how little the teachers care.

People have stopped reading. I know people who, other than English class, haven't read a book for years.

I just find it upsetting...really.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:09 am

The issue is far too few teachers care... Otherwise they could do things like this.

Give kids an incentive and they'll do it. Definitely more people need to read again. If you start off a cultural change, it will start coming back, but it needs a passionate generation of teachers who care. Probably won't happen.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 am

[quote]An Australia Day grand final in 2015 is set to be the showpiece of the inaugural Football Federation Australia (FFA) Cup, which will begin this time next year, FFA chief executive David Gallop announced.
The much-anticipated knockout tournament, based on England's FA Cup, will feature around 700 teams across Australia with the A-League sides to join in September and October at the same time as their season starts.

Gallop said the FFA Cup is a priority for his administration.

"We will move to an FFA Cup and I would expect it to start in 2014," Gallop said.

"It will start around this time of the year and the A-League clubs will come in around September and October to coincide with the start of the A-League season.

"The grand plan is to hold an Australia Day grand final of the FFA Cup."

However, that would clash with the 2015 AFC Asian Cup semi-final scheduled for Sydney that year.

Gallop said he had fast-tracked planning on the tournament when he took over as FFA CEO in November.

"There are people at the FFA working on it now," he said.

"The first day on the job when someone told me about it I said what are we doing about it?

"There will be six or seven hundred teams involved and we all know about the FA Cup, we all get up for it, the chance for those lesser teams to come through.

"The FFA Cup will happen. There is a lot of work being done on it and there are some challenges involved.

"But when we do it we want to do it right."

The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Im not racist, but doing a group project with first year international students is really challenging me to change my mind, we've got an assignment due tomorrow at 11am and these stupid pricks still have submitted nothing and arent respoding to facebook messages, text messages or phone calls and im the sucker who has to stay up allll night waiting for them to send me their parts so i can put together our powerpoint presnetation that i have to presnt on my own
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Did you have to go with them?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Italy won the WC on my birthday in '06. :coffee:

Liverpool won the CL in the country i was born in, on the day of my birthday. :coffee:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:55 pm

fatman123 wrote:Im not racist, but doing a group project with first year international students is really challenging me to change my mind, we've got an assignment due tomorrow at 11am and these stupid pricks still have submitted nothing and arent respoding to facebook messages, text messages or phone calls and im the sucker who has to stay up allll night waiting for them to send me their parts so i can put together our powerpoint presnetation that i have to presnt on my own

Mate mate mate..... WTF you didn't have anybody warn you or anything?

Your not racist at all, the problem isn't their race it's their english ability, i'm assuming their Asians right? At least you learnt your lesson in your first year when your doing easy subs, rather then in the 3rd or fourth.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:58 pm

CBarca wrote:Reading about Thatcher because of the Thatcher thread and wanting to understand why she's so hated in the north of England, I managed to read a good hour and a half on all this material.

It reminds me of how much stuff there is to know in this world. There is so much knowledge, so many interesting things to know... and I love learning it all, I do.

It angers me a bit because...there are classes in school where we just don't do shit. And I know in the subject I could learn more if I bought a couple books and read them on my own time. Hell, even search the web and just read. Going to these classes is quite frankly a large waste of my time.

I took a genetics class because I love the subject. But it's probably nearing 3/4ths done and I haven't learned a thing that I didn't know already from AP Bio or learned myself.

Thinking about the VAST waste of time that class is...is upsetting.

Even worse is the busywork that comes with the class which is both a waste of time and distracting from classes where I actually do learn something.

Wow a kid that wants to learn, we need more of you guys.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:58 pm

I knew what I was in for, this is my second year of uni, the tutor put me with these two tools because I'm the only second year in our tute and they're the only internationals (I'm retaking the subject because I didn't get a credit for it when I changed uni's at the start if the year)
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Is anyone going to either of the A-League semis?

Hell yeah RBB ticket booked for friday's Semi, see you later Roar. 4 times in 1 season.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:04 pm

fatman123 wrote:I knew what I was in for, this is my second year of uni, the tutor put me with these two tools because I'm the only second year in our tute and they're the only internationals (I'm retaking the subject because I didn't get a credit for it when I changed uni's at the start if the year)

Never accept a BS excuse like that from a tutor, any sight of rebellion they will buckle. Half of them are worse then school teachers. Justify yourself in wanting to achieve the best possible mark and they will back down.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 pm

On another topic, anyone finishing uni and applying for grad jobs?

Also i will promise to start using multi quotes sorry guys hahahah
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Dat FIFA realism :bow:

The Official Talk About Whatever Thread - Page 22 Imag0042em
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by isignedupjusttoseesigs Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:55 pm

yea nice
isignedupjusttoseesigs
isignedupjusttoseesigs
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:06 pm

mr-r34 wrote:On another topic, anyone finishing uni and applying for grad jobs?

Also i will promise to start using multi quotes sorry guys hahahah

I am finishing my degree this year but am looking at doing Masters. I will be applying for Vac work soon too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Lex :bow: We are getting the attention :bow:

Going to the Wanderers game tomorrow evening! Should be an interesting game! As long as Ono, Mooy and the usual defense are playing, we will win!
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Fatman, you swapped unis?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next