fatman123
marottalad
barca 2011
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stadiums you've attended Empty Stadiums you've attended

Post by barca 2011 Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 am

This post is related to the other post about incredible venues, but for this one my aim is to have the goal legacy crew include only the football stadiums you guys have attended for an actual match and if possible include your experience about attending the venue and about the venue itself. Also, pics would be great!

I'll begin with

*Estadio Pasqual Guerrero de Cali in which last October I was able to catch a match between America de Cali vs. Alianza Petrolera:
Stadiums you've attended Imag0111

Most would think of the environment as hostile but it was actually pretty cool and a fun experience although America played terribly so the home crowd was not happy. Still, they had a stand known as "La Hinchada de Los Cantos" which was the most passionate group of fans I've ever seen in person because from start to finish they did not stop chanting, drumming and making noise for the home team.

*Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. I've only ever been to 2 pro football matches and this was my first, in August of 2009 to watch Barcelona play the LA Galaxy with Barca coming right off of the treble win. The highlights of this match were getting to see a Barca win, seeing Messi in person, witnessing a Beckham FK Goal and being part of the 93,137 people who made that match the most attended since the 1994 WC final, in that same stadium. I do have photos but sadly they are lost for the time being and even more unfortunately, I took a photo with this really hot chick who was apparently covering the match as a reporter in Catalan (even though we were in SoCal) so hopefully I find those.

Where else have you all attended?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Stadiums you've attended Empty Re: Stadiums you've attended

Post by marottalad Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:53 am

I attended the stadio olimpico when juventus were in serie b against cesena in 2007. the stadium was abit of a sh1t hole, it was a small crowd of about 20,000 but the noise was absolutley defaning and the atmosphere was amazing. it was louder then 100,000 people you get to afl games over here then times that by 10. flares,banners, chants what an experience. i can honestly say that is one of the main reasons why i love serie a the atmosphere is just incredible. Even though the stadiums aren't the best and it has a local feel to it you can still see world class players playing on the pitch with hostile and lively crowds. its pretty cool
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 am

marottalad wrote:I attended the stadio olimpico when juventus were in serie b against cesena in 2007. the stadium was abit of a sh1t hole, it was a small crowd of about 20,000 but the noise was absolutley defaning and the atmosphere was amazing. it was louder then 100,000 people you get to afl games over here then times that by 10. flares,banners, chants what an experience. i can honestly say that is one of the main reasons why i love serie a the atmosphere is just incredible. Even though the stadiums aren't the best and it has a local feel to it you can still see world class players playing on the pitch with hostile and lively crowds. its pretty cool
Thats great. There's times when you wonder why some people follow some leagues more than others (no disrespect to Serie A whatsoever) and once you experience a match at a personal level like that it goes a really long way as far as the atmosphere itself making you enjoy that type of Football because you've witnessed it. Although I think that that's a sentiment aimed more towards American "soccer" fans such as myself than anyone else because in other countries the support is on such another level and many Americans never witness a football match in person outside of the U.S.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:22 am

barca 2011 wrote:
marottalad wrote:I attended the stadio olimpico when juventus were in serie b against cesena in 2007. the stadium was abit of a sh1t hole, it was a small crowd of about 20,000 but the noise was absolutley defaning and the atmosphere was amazing. it was louder then 100,000 people you get to afl games over here then times that by 10. flares,banners, chants what an experience. i can honestly say that is one of the main reasons why i love serie a the atmosphere is just incredible. Even though the stadiums aren't the best and it has a local feel to it you can still see world class players playing on the pitch with hostile and lively crowds. its pretty cool
Thats great. There's times when you wonder why some people follow some leagues more than others (no disrespect to Serie A whatsoever) and once you experience a match at a personal level like that it goes a really long way as far as the atmosphere itself making you enjoy that type of Football because you've witnessed it. Although I think that that's a sentiment aimed more towards American "soccer" fans such as myself than anyone else because in other countries the support is on such another level and many Americans never witness a football match in person outside of the U.S.

serie a's imprefections make it perfect to me Smile kind of like dating a chick hahah. but the only bad thing is for it to still be a significant league it needs to modernise or we will end up like the greek league or something. but thankully inter, roma,napoli and other teams are planning on new stadiums so that won't be an issue in 5 years Very Happy
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 am

marottalad wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:

serie a's imprefections make it perfect to me Smile kind of like dating a chick hahah. but the only bad thing is for it to still be a significant league it needs to modernise or we will end up like the greek league or something. but thankully inter, roma,napoli and other teams are planning on new stadiums so that won't be an issue in 5 years Very Happy
lol, i like the comparison. But Serie A is still a powerhouse. Do you really think it could one day be at the same level as the Greek league?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:29 am

Allianz stadium and ANZ stadium banana
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:33 am

This should be fun....

GL Real Madrid fans : NONE Laughing

Anyhows me Stamford Bridge, Elland Road, OT, Hillsbrough and Anfield.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:35 am

barca 2011 wrote:
marottalad wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:

lol, i like the comparison. But Serie A is still a powerhouse. Do you really think it could one day be at the same level as the Greek league?

afew more calicipoli's and a pretty bad italian economy would prevent serie a from returning to a power house but it looks like the league is back on track. alot of big clubs have been buying young players and teams have been on track for building new stadiums.

Last edited by marottalad on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:35 am

old trafford, old wembley and this gem..

Stadiums you've attended The%2BPilot%2BField

the pilot field :bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:37 am

Firenze wrote:old trafford, old wembley and this gem..

what da fk is that Laughing
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:42 am

marottalad wrote:

home ground of this seasons FA cup third round participants and Isthmian League relegation candidate Hastings United :coffee:

and according to wikipedia...
The ground is popular amongst stadium enthusiasts for the dirt track that surrounds the pitch and its old fashioned grandstand.

I didn't know a dirt track was a desirable feature amongst stadia hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 am

Firenze wrote:
marottalad wrote:

home ground of this seasons FA cup third round participants and Isthmian League relegation candidate Hastings United :coffee:

and according to wikipedia...
The ground is popular amongst stadium enthusiasts for the dirt track that surrounds the pitch and its old fashioned grandstand.

I didn't know a dirt track was a desirable feature amongst stadia hmm

i love provincial football stories and those cup runs from random local teams :wub:
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:01 pm

here are some thoughts on a couple off the top of my head:

- veltins arena: been there 3 times. 2 times of that i was severely drunk. their beer supply chain is outstanding
- AWD arena: good, modern stadium and Hannover as Germany's exhibition capital knows how to handle large crowds
- Olympiastadion: 3 times/3 losses for HSV; i'm not going there again but it's a well restored piece of history and awesome in summer with all the pastures outside
- Imtech Arena/Volksparkstadion: awesome
- Camp Nou: incredible as a sight but completely outdated on pretty much all fronts. everyone has to get up when someone is walking through the rows and sitting in the back of the first or second terrace will give you the shittiest experience ever as you're sitting in the dark and pretty much don't hear anything. if you don't do that and don't expect amazing comfort, then it's great
- Imtech Arena/Volksparkstadion: awesome
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Abramovich wrote:This should be fun....

Anyhows me Stamford Bridge, Elland Road, OT, Hillsbrough and Anfield.

The Park De Prince, Old Trafford, The Emirates, The Etihad and the mighty DW Stadium. Will probably go to Wembley later this season as well. Smile

Will also visit the Bernabeu and the San Siro later this year as part of my European tour :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:26 pm

I have been to the blues ground a couple of times when they were in the premier league games included the brum derby and against chelsea and united :coffee:

I have been to old(renovated) and new ullevi in sweden a couple of time, one of them a friendly against brazil :bow: I wanted to go there when we met argentina but I couldn't go to sweden due to exams Sad hopefully I will go when we play germany

I am also planning to watch a game at the albions ground only because I travel past it everyday and hopefully when I finish my studies I will have enough money to tour the bernabau Laughing can I just say how jealous I am of my dad who was at the camp nou for a clasico back in the days when we had the likes of beckham, zidane and raul etc

funny thing is he said that they sell alot of madrid jerseys there hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:35 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I have been to the blues ground a couple of times when they were in the premier league games included the brum derby and against chelsea and united :coffee:

I have been to old(renovated) and new ullevi in sweden a couple of time, one of them a friendly against brazil :bow: I wanted to go there when we met argentina but I couldn't go to sweden due to exams Sad hopefully I will go when we play germany

I am also planning to watch a game at the albions ground only because I travel past it everyday and hopefully when I finish my studies I will have enough money to tour the bernabau Laughing can I just say how jealous I am of my dad who was at the camp nou for a clasico back in the days when we had the likes of beckham, zidane and raul etc

funny thing is he said that they sell alot of madrid jerseys there hmm

Abramovich are you reading this? hmm

Seriously your comment was cheap attempt at having a personality Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Football:
Kyocera Stadion 3x (Home ground of ADO Den Haag, crazy cocaine fuelled fans) Amsterdam Arena 1x, Olympiastadion (München) 10+x, Allianz Arena 5x. Araneta Colosseum x2, Mall of Asia arena x1 (Phlippine basketball arenas) . Alltell Arena x2 (Jacksonville Jaguars).

But by far my favorite was the Brent International School Baguio field which was carved into a mountain/hillside.

Stadiums you've attended 230093_8460379353_1905_n Sorry couldn't find a better pic.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Hook line and sinker Laughing

Why so defensive? 2 posts shown that none been to one in Spain, which read between the lines would interp that considering the (x) amount of Madrid fans on GL from Spain is?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:46 pm

I'd love to go to spain but it would be so much more cost effective if I knew someone there but sadly I don't so I am saving up to go there when I finish my studies. hopefully enough for a two months holiday
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Off the top of my head; Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Highbury, St. James' Park, Molineux, Madejski, old Wembley
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Abramovich wrote:Hook line and sinker Laughing

Why so defensive? 2 posts shown that none been to one in Spain, which read between the lines would interp that considering the (x) amount of Madrid fans on GL from Spain is?
I've been to Madrid once in my life. Unfortunately was too young to do anything lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:06 pm

taken during my trip to munich back in 2007 (13.04.2007):

Stadiums you've attended DSC00160_zpsb0532dfc

Stadiums you've attended DSC00159_zps13de5d34

Stadiums you've attended DSC00161_zps9b05bc76

spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Abramovich wrote:Hook line and sinker Laughing

Are you actually trying to convince us that you had a "The Mentalist" type plan to prove some convaluted point? You think deducing that many Madrid fans here aren't from Spain is some kind of revelation? rofl

Problem is Sherlock here is what you actually said:

Abramovich wrote:This should be fun....

You see Calumbo your statement seems to be inaccurate. Now how about you actually stick to contributing to threads instead of trying to pretend you're funny.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:06 pm

I've visited 3 stadiums so far, Albanian NT stadium Qemal Stafa like 10 times(it is worse than a barn) and once in Westfalen(seen BVB-Frankfurt) and Frankfurt's stadium.

In the near future I'd like to visit Bernabeu, Turk Telekom Arena(Galatasaray) and one of Hajduk Split or Dinamo Zagreb stadiums(watching the derby there would be awesome)
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Zealous wrote:[quote="Abram
Are you actually trying to convince us that you had a "The Mentalist" type plan to prove some convaluted point? You think deducing that many Madrid fans here aren't from Spain is some kind of revelation? rofl

Problem is Sherlock here is what you actually said:

You see Calumbo your statement seems to be inaccurate. Now how about you actually stick to contributing to threads instead of trying to pretend you're funny.

How is it a revelation, its common knoweldge hence its a dig in jest/banter you mad? Why so explosive? Laughing

You should interp it properly, example think its pretty well known that Giggity (sorry for using you as an example but off the top of my head I could only think of this) plays for Dallas FC or something which means he's attended that stadium and its safe to assume that many of you guys would have visited stadiums in their respective countries. The dig in jest isn't at you all being arm chair fans, but more so glory supporters but surely that should have been inbetween the lines hence RMadrid was used.

How do I pretend am funny, why are you so sensitive is it because am right that so far none have actually visited Bernabeu? Embarassed For someone who lives in Manchester you really need to grasp the concept of banter more and not be so such an explosive person Wink .

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next