Lex
Albiceleste
guest7
73 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

PSG vs Barcelona - Page 9 Empty Re: PSG vs Barcelona

Post by AltoZ Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:48 pm

Its frustrating to watch Barcelona play away CL games.

Cant remember when they have a played a good CL match away from home.

AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:53 pm

AltoZ wrote:Its frustrating to watch Barcelona play away CL games.

It's more frustrating watch the referees tbh.

Can't remember when they have a refereed Barca CL away match fairly.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:53 pm

I'd argue that a 2-2 draw away from home is a great result. A far cry from the 2-0 loss to Milan anyway.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:54 pm

Zealous wrote:I believe it but that's irrelevant anyway. Don't you think it was weird that Ibra got a 2 game ban instead of the regular 1 game ban in the first place? The extra game was given due to the ref saying the play was out of bounds and it clearly wasn't. Ibra had already served a one game suspension so really you have nothing to complain about here.

If you want to complain about the offside goal then go right ahead, at least that would be a legitimate reason to be butthurt.

I am not denying that giving Ibra a 2 game bad was bad as well, heck I am not certain that it was a red in the first place, what I am saying is that they have never, or atleast very rarely, reduced a suspension before even when some players have gotten sent off for less(Busquets vs Benfica or Abidal vs Chelsea for ex) before such a important game. So why now?
I have trouble beliving in that a referee has never done the same mistake they did with Ibra when sending off a player before.

Either from now on they will have to reduce every suspension that a player got because of a f#ck up by the referee or they have some explaining to do...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 pm

Why are you criticizing a good decision? Reducing Ibra's suspension was clearly fair. Perhaps you are going down the route of Guardiola (criticizing correct decisions hmm eco smile)

Notice how the red itself was upheld so UEFA are at least consistent when it comes to not lifting suspensions completely.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:18 pm

Zealous wrote:Why are you criticizing a good decision? Reducing Ibra's suspension was clearly fair. Perhaps you are going down the route of Guardiola (criticizing correct decisions hmm eco smile)

Notice how the red itself was upheld so UEFA are at least consistent when it comes to not lifting suspensions completely.

Dude, I said that I found it weird because 1, UEFA never reduces a suspension and 2, because Platini's son works for PSG.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:51 pm

PSG vs Barcelona - Page 9 43077_570x420
PSG vs Barcelona - Page 9 43078_570x285
PSG vs Barcelona - Page 9 43081_570x261
PSG vs Barcelona - Page 9 43080_300x169
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Now that's some serious limbo. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:04 pm

You're right it is frustrating to watch Barcelona in CL away fixtures, they look like a totally different team. It kind of started under Pep as his CL formula was a Scoring draw away and then demolish at home.

Can't knock it, it worked well for him.

There are so many times when there around the opponents box that they are just too tentative the normal free flowing football is just not there they stay in there assigned lanes too often to stop a counter which A) makes them very predictable and B) stifles our creativity leading to only scoring on defensive errors.

<BUT>

I can't throw all the blame on us. I am especially tired of these Super Teams created with hundreds of millions of dollars in player purchases and having great players all over the field and playing the same park the bus and counter system only when they play us.

They will play football against any other team but then when they play us in there house BTW we get the same thing every game. It's like watching the same game over and over and over again.

I guess it's the smart thing to do, but I have to believe the coaches and hopefully the players on these teams must be wondering after they have been beaten on away goals or by 1 goal what would have happened if they would have just gone out and played football like they do every other week of the season. I would hope there frustrated, because I sure am.

I mean if they want to do that in the Camp Nou I totally understand and they have every right to do it where ever they play us but you would think that with all the money and players and coaches and ego's on these teams that for a change they just say screw it lets play them straight up and see who's better.

I would really love to see that and it's why I respect SAF so much because he did it twice in the CL finals because he believes in his system and players and just went out threw the ball on the field and played a regular football game.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Zealous wrote:Why are you criticizing a good decision? Reducing Ibra's suspension was clearly fair. Perhaps you are going down the route of Guardiola (criticizing correct decisions hmm eco smile)

And this was a clear factual error on the part of the referee and a suspension directly linked to that error. UEFA would never overturn bans that are based on a judgement call by a referee...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:

You're right it is frustrating to watch Barcelona in CL away fixtures, they look like a totally different team. It kind of started under Pep as his CL formula was a Scoring draw away and then demolish at home.

There are so many times when there around the opponents box that they are just too tentative the normal free flowing football is just not there they stay in there assigned lanes too often to stop a counter which A) makes them very predictable and B) stifles our creativity leading to only scoring on defensive errors.

<BUT>

I can't throw all the blame on us. I am especially tired of these Super Teams created with hundreds of millions of dollars in player purchases and having great players all over the field and playing the same park the bus and counter system only when they play us.

They will play football against any other team but then when they play us in there house BTW we get the same thing every game. It's like watching the same game over and over and over again.

I guess it's the smart thing to do, but I have to believe the coaches and hopefully the players on these teams must be wondering after they have been beaten on away goals or by 1 goal what would have happened if they would have just gone out and played football like they do every other week of the season. I would hope there frustrated, because I sure am.

I mean if they want to do that in the Camp Nou I totally understand and they have every right to do it where ever they play us but you would think that with all the money and players and coaches and ego's on these teams that for a change they just say screw it lets play them straight up and see who's better.

I would really love to see that and it's why I respect SAF so much because he did it twice in the CL finals because he believes in his system and players and just went out threw the ball on the field and played a regular football game.

Until Barcelona prove that limiting space at the back and countering into wide open areas is not a viable tactic then you can't blame teams for doing it. Your post reminds me of little kids that make up rules in fighting games like "You can't choose Ryu and spam Haduken!! It's not fair!!" because you're not prepared to learn how to block or parry. (Street Fighter 3 FTW)

SAF's biggest failures as a manager for me will be not making adjustments in two CL finals. Some ridiculous BS about football or whatever when everyone knows they would rather be on the team that won than the team that lost playing well. Couple this with the fact that United completely parked the bus for 180 minutes against us just makes me laugh, not because parking the bus "is not football" or any of that drivel but because he's clearly shown he's willing to make adjustments when needed. That just makes those two CL finals even more ridiculous for me.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Funny how there’s more discussion about Ibra’s ban after the game rather than before.
There have been stonewall wrong decisions in this game but this one is being discussed out of proportion.
Anyway I don’t see PSG progressing anyway but I also see Barca being eliminated in the next round
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:28 pm

The Sanchez wrote:Also I'm glad Mascherano is out because Barta gets more minutes. No Song please in the defense maybe Busi but NO Song...
Wtf, you're alone on this one.

Pretty much all Barca fans are in turmoil because of Masches injury.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:31 pm

billy_gr wrote:Funny how there’s more discussion about Ibra’s ban after the game rather than before.
There have been stonewall wrong decisions in this game but this one is being discussed out of proportion.
Anyway I don’t see PSG progressing anyway but I also see Barca being eliminated in the next round

Take it up with harhar lol

Barca are clearly hard done by on the offside goal and he decides to talk about suspensions or whatever lol

As for the second leg well it's Barca's to lose now, got a feeling they will draw Bayern in the next round Twisted Evil
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Zealous wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

<BUT>

Until Barcelona prove that limiting space at the back and countering into wide open areas is not a viable tactic then you can't blame teams for doing it. Your post reminds me of little kids that make up rules in fighting games like "You can't choose Ryu and spam Haduken!! It's not fair!!" because you're not prepared to learn how to block or parry. (Street Fighter 3 FTW)

SAF's biggest failures as a manager for me will be not making adjustments in two CL finals. Some ridiculous BS about football or whatever when everyone knows they would rather be on the team that won than the team that lost playing well. Couple this with the fact that United completely parked the bus for 180 minutes against us just makes me laugh, not because parking the bus "is not football" or any of that drivel but because he's clearly shown he's willing to make adjustments when needed. That just makes those two CL finals even more ridiculous for me.

I got to agree with Zealous. You can't blame teams for parking the bus. At the end of the day, yes you want to entertain and all, but the main point is winning. 10 years from now , when people woul say Chelsea won the CL in 2012 nobody is going to say '' the parked the bus blabla...'' .

And anyways what do you want teams to do when they have 40% max possesion ? this means 36 min with the ball out of 90 max. let's say they have it 18min in the last 25m . Either they have WC players like RM or Bayern or they stand almost no-chance.

i don't believe that defending is '' not-football '' . It's pretty difficult as you have to say focused all the time. And the truth is the team defends by keeping the ball and making short passes in our own half
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Zealous wrote:
billy_gr wrote:Funny how there’s more discussion about Ibra’s ban after the game rather than before.

Take it up with harhar lol

Barca are clearly hard done by on the offside goal and he decides to talk about suspensions or whatever lol

As for the second leg well it's Barca's to lose now, got a feeling they will draw Bayern in the next round Twisted Evil

i hope not , i thought you guys wanted a '' revenge '' Rolling Eyes
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:39 pm

I big Barcelona up all week to annihilate PSG and agent Valdes goes and fudges it all up with his bullet time antics Mad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:41 pm

I see barca being eliminated by this PSG side. Given how ruthless barca can turn into when they are angry, 2-2 looks better than 2-0 for PSG right now. The game plan is not going to change, counter, send the ball into open space and attack with speed. Lucas shown he could handle it, Ibra although underwhelming can still score goals or make a key pass.

@Dnmac, i agree with Zealous, you have to stop complaining about how teams play vs you. Because we are also getting of seeing you exchanging thousands of usesless passes weeks after weeks. Following the philosophy of Pope Johan the 1st and Pope Pep the 2nd, you have decided that instead of investing on traditional defensive tactics like the rest of us mere mortals, it was safer to just starve the opposition so they couldnt attack. It's your way of defending, around which you develop an unmatched keepball game. So the only solution for us is to defend deep, press occasionally and attack with speed forward. It's not rocket science, it takes a good unit to apply it, but all teams will beat you that way. RM is doing it already quite successfully, and the other teams are catching up.

If you want barca games to look as free flowing as other games, change your style.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:43 pm

PSG are going to need a heroic performance if they want to go through. That means Ibra has to play to the best of his ability, playing poorly for 70 minutes then playing good in the last 20-15 is not going to cut it in the second leg.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Well, that's because we are assuming that it's going to be a specially ruthless barca like the one that smashed Milan...

Not sure we will see that same team, in that same spirit, but i might be wrong.

Also, PSG have more individual qualities than Milan which matters a lot, despite Matuidi being suspended. I think we have a shot, not because pSG are as good but football is all about circumstances no. even when Milan was getting stomped they had some chances, i believe PSG will have their chances, whether they take it is another story and i guess that's where the heroic part kicks in.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Not been here for a longgg time, great to be back and to discuss and learning from fellow football lovers Smile

PGS surprised me, they gave their best and probably raised their level, but obviously their goals were fortunate....the ref as with the Bayern game were a joke, this is disappointing to see.... and leaves me not happy since we played well and didnt deserve the draw at all. Messi always comes back quickly and so Im fully confident about the second leg, we have had some bad luck in the CL already and I think there iwll be no more, and we are better than PGS by a distance so we will win the second leg

I would like to say though, T.Silva is a MONSTER of a defender by the demonstration in this game, he was MOTM, amazing. Alves showed his importance and what a pass, and Messi doesnt miss those The rest were ok, I understand Bren's ocncern about defending, although not terrible, I hope it doesnt prove decisive anymore like it has in recent times!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:04 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Not been here for a longgg time, great to be back and to discuss and learning from fellow football lovers Smile

PGS surprised me, they gave their best and probably raised their level, but obviously their goals were fortunate....the ref as with the Bayern game were a joke, this is disappointing to see.... and leaves me not happy since we played well and didnt deserve the draw at all. Messi always comes back quickly and so Im fully confident about the second leg, we have had some bad luck in the CL already and I think there iwll be no more, and we are better than PGS by a distance so we will win the second leg

I would like to say though, T.Silva is a MONSTER of a defender by the demonstration in this game, he was MOTM, amazing. Alves showed his importance and what a pass, and Messi doesnt miss those The rest were ok, I understand Bren's ocncern about defending, although not terrible, I hope it doesnt prove decisive anymore like it has in recent times!

Welcome back cheers
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:Beckham is there to provide Ibra with dem 88 crossing and 86 long passes

Hi RG, long time to see, and still got many things to learn here, but what's the 88 and 86 mean, I know all about Beckham's corsses though but not the names eco smile

Albiceleste wrote:our wingers are villa and alexis though, all they can do is make runs basically Laughing im not overly confident about this

beckham starting is really something

Albiceleste I know what u mean but what do u think about the starting choices of late by Barca as the wingers? Tello seem to be maturing, Pedro not as good as in previous seasons still, Villa not back his best and wonder if he ever will be and Sanchez does a lot, but not decisive.... it's not ideal but certainly not as bad as it sounds eco smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:08 pm

I swear if Messi comes back from a hamstring injury in less than a week I'm convinced he is on PEDs.

Seriously a legit torn or sprained hamstring is a 3 week injury, 2 weeks if you're some kind of freak or the injury wasn't that bad,
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 pm

they are already saying that he will be back for PSG lol, only out this weekend (and even that's not sure Laughing)
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:they are already saying that he will be back for PSG lol, only out this weekend (and even that's not sure Laughing)

Dat HGH
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next