Albiceleste
guest7
73 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

PSG vs Barcelona - Page 8 Empty Re: PSG vs Barcelona

Post by CBarca Wed 03 Apr 2013, 05:31

Unjustified hate on Valdes, yet again.

When he's gone...Barca fans will miss him.

The hate he gets from fans of other teams is enough, it's shameful to see it from a Barca fan, any Barca fan.

He's a club legend as far as I'm concerned.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 05:40

CBarca wrote:Unjustified hate on Valdes, yet again.

The hate he gets from fans of other teams is enough, it's shameful to see it from a Barca fan, any Barca fan.

A club legend???? Barca has some of the greatest club legends of any team on earth. Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta, Cruyff etc etc

Please don't ever insult these players by putting that hack in the same sentence as them. They are "great" players, Valdes is a guy who for a large part of his career couldn't make his national team much less start, and also couldn't start on any elite club team apart from Barca. Watch when he goes to another club and he can't pull anymore of his 2 shots on goal 1 goal classics anymore. When he has to face 10 to 15 shots a game, it's going to be a riot.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed 03 Apr 2013, 05:41

Dnmac4 wrote:
Throw in the fact that we are talking about how a striker(Sanchez) who knows he has no chance of scoring in open play because he sucks should have found away to avoid a keeper who ran out hell bent on tackling him and didn't get within 10 feet of the ball with 4 minutes left in a road Champions League game with the best player in the world out and maybe not coming back in the next game with the score tied.

I mean are you kidding me? Every striker in the world goes down in that situation

A) because Sirugu tackled him and left him no choice.

B) Now the insanity on this site has gotten to the point that Barca now has to try and play NFL running back and juke the oncoming keeper to avoid a deserved penalty that we really needed BTW and not score a precious away goal or we will be critisized and called cheaters.
pls, we are bashing barca, there is no need for logic. sanchez is a disgusting human etc. etc.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 03 Apr 2013, 05:50

Dnmac4 wrote:

A club legend???? Barca has some of the greatest club legends of any team on earth. Messi, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta, Cruyff etc etc

Please don't ever insult these players by putting that hack in the same sentence as them. They are "great" players, Valdes is a guy who for a large part of his career couldn't make his national team much less start, and also couldn't start on any elite club team apart from Barca. Watch when he goes to another club and he can't pull anymore of his 2 shots on goal 1 goal classics anymore. When he has to face 10 to 15 shots a game, it's going to be a riot.

Valdes was the #2 behind a Spanish National Team legend? How awful. He must be really bad. Did you even watch the France vs Spain game where he put in a better performance than Casillas? Honestly if we're going on purely on form, there are several long stretches of time where Valdes could have displaced Casillas in the Spanish NT. Valdes has arguably outperformed him many times over the last couple of years (in La Liga). This is a poor and very bad point. Can we move on to something better?

Barca is an elite club. Are you dense? Yeah, I get you said other than Barca, but your entire point sucks. He never tried playing on any other elite team, and Barca itself is an elite team and he made that spot his own. Was it ever in jeopardy? No. For good reason.

Look, if you want to look at the heroics of Messi and Xavi and Iniesta, go ahead. I love them like I love my family. But I think it's an absolute shame for you to ignore the heroics of Valdes at the back. How many times he's saves our ass is overlooked and it's embarrassing. Valdes is an integral part of this Barcelona team which is arguably the greatest ever in history, and his record with Barca speaks for itself. I say he's a club legend, if you want to turn your head and look away, go ahead, but I don't respect it, and I find a hard time believing it.

As for the last part, I guess we'll find out.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 03 Apr 2013, 06:01

You love Messi and Ini like you love your family? Damn, I'm really not that passionate of a Real fan after all.

Alas, Valdes wasn't at fault for the goal (a deflection, honestly, Buffon just got clipped from a further distance and we are hard on Victor? Really?) and said player would go down as a legendary keeper for the Azulgrana.

The man has been great for them and has been a loyal servant to the club he loves. And the same people criticizing him would be the same people who would be saying "Valdes would have saved that."
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 06:06

CBarca wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

Valdes was the #2 behind a Spanish National Team legend? How awful. He must be really bad. Did you even watch the France vs Spain game where he put in a better performance than Casillas? Honestly if we're going on purely on form, there are several long stretches of time where Valdes could have displaced Casillas in the Spanish NT. Valdes has arguably outperformed him many times over the last couple of years (in La Liga). This is a poor and very bad point. Can we move on to something better?

Barca is an elite club. Are you dense? Yeah, I get you said other than Barca, but your entire point sucks. He never tried playing on any other elite team, and Barca itself is an elite team and he made that spot his own. Was it ever in jeopardy? No. For good reason.

Look, if you want to look at the heroics of Messi and Xavi and Iniesta, go ahead. I love them like I love my family. But I think it's an absolute shame for you to ignore the heroics of Valdes at the back. How many times he's saves our ass is overlooked and it's embarrassing. Valdes is an integral part of this Barcelona team which is arguably the greatest ever in history, and his record with Barca speaks for itself. I say he's a club legend, if you want to turn your head and look away, go ahead, but I don't respect it, and I find a hard time believing it.

As for the last part, I guess we'll find out.

This is Hilarious. I guess I have to start this out with How old are you? He wasn't the number 2 behind Casillas for much of his career in fact it was a largely political thing that he got into the Spanish national team as most of the team were made of Barcelona players so the players wanted Valdes in it.

Knowing he would never have to put him in a game if he didn't want to Del Bosque sacrificed other better keepers for the harmony of the team as Spain has always made up a reason to fight with each other on the national team historically. A good move by VDB.

Here's proof because I know you will need it.

"On 20 May 2010, he was included in Spain's final 23-man squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa as the third-choice goalkeeper behind Iker Casillas and Pepe Reina respectively, wearing the #12 shirt.[7]
On 3 June 2010, Valdés earned his first cap by starting in a friendly match between Spain and South Korea at Tivoli-Neu in Innsbruck, Austria. Coincidentally it was 10 years to the day since compatriot Iker Casillas made his debut for the national team"

I mean I guess your young or have a terrible memory or something but haven't you noticed there isn't really a market for Valdes?

He's 31 FFS, he should be in his prime as a keeper and no team really want's him. Barcelona doesn't. You think if these other "Legends" who you compare him with told Barca they were leaving in the prime of there career Barca wouldn't put up a fight to keep them? They would move heaven and earth to keep them. They basically just said OK see you later don't let the door hit you on the way out. We will lose you for free and we couldn't care less because no one would pay money for you.

I mean the rumors are of us wanting Vorm from Newcastle to replace him as they know were not going to miss him. Yes, Vorm. A fine keeper but by no means elite or anything.

Just think of the keepers you think he's as good as. Think to yourself would there teams let them leave at 31 years old for free? I didn't think so.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 06:11

Doc wrote:You love Messi and Ini like you love your family? Damn, I'm really not that passionate of a Real fan after all.

Alas, Valdes wasn't at fault for the goal (a deflection, honestly, Buffon just got clipped from a further distance and we are hard on Victor? Really?) and said player would go down as a legendary keeper for the Azulgrana.

The man has been great for them and has been a loyal servant to the club he loves. And the same people criticizing him would be the same people who would be saying "Valdes would have saved that."

Loyal and good are two different things. Dogs are loyal. It's not the best quality you want in your keeper. After all that's all you could really think of to defend him.

"Loyal" "Servant" that sounds like a great football player to me.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed 03 Apr 2013, 06:25

Valdes has been nothing short of world class since he has said he is departing the club tbh. Even today he was great. Any team will be lucky to have him, truly a great keeper. Barcelona legend no doubt Valdes >> Zubi

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 03 Apr 2013, 06:27

Blah blah blah how old are you blah blah blah you must not remember. Yeah no shit I'm young but I've been watching Valdes for as long as I've been watching football and I watch him save our ass time after time after time. Doesn't matter if it was in 07 or 13, I run out of superlatives to describe the heroism that Valdes shows and represents in FC Barcelona.

Look. I've talked with you before and it's like MT and Dani, no matter what I say you won't change your opinion, you're stubborn as hell and on such an issue as a club icon like Valdes it's indescribably shameful to me that you ignore what he's done for us and instead remember some of the blunders he's had and go "yeah... no I won't miss him, this is a time for celebration." I've made it clear that I think he's a club legend. You might disagree. Ok. That's fine, it's just...

How incredibly disrespectful.

If not for what Valdes has done in performances, how he's been as a player and a person for Barcelona. You think you can just replace Valdes, a guy who's been with Barcelona since he was 10 years old, came up through La Masia and earned his spot ahead of a very good keeper (Rustu) and made the first team spot his own for 11 years. You can't just replace that with any old player. What he embodies cannot be replaced.

Give the guy some respect. It's embarrassing. I'm not sure if you call yourself a Barca fan because I've never seen you in the Barca section, but if so, I find that unfortunate.

Barcelona doesn't want him? If you believe that then please remove yourself from this forum and never come back. It's his own decision. But why go there when it's all speculation?

How has he not been one of the best keepers in Barca history? If not the best?

Also, Vorm is from Swansea, not Newcastle...unless you are thinking of Krul.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 06:56

CBarca wrote:Blah blah blah how old are you blah blah blah you must not remember. Yeah no shit I'm young but I've been watching Valdes for as long as I've been watching football and I watch him save our ass time after time after time. Doesn't matter if it was in 07 or 13, I run out of superlatives to describe the heroism that Valdes shows and represents in FC Barcelona.

Look. I've talked with you before and it's like MT and Dani, no matter what I say you won't change your opinion, you're stubborn as hell and on such an issue as a club icon like Valdes it's indescribably shameful to me that you ignore what he's done for us and instead remember some of the blunders he's had and go "yeah... no I won't miss him, this is a time for celebration." I've made it clear that I think he's a club legend. You might disagree. Ok. That's fine, it's just...

How incredibly disrespectful.

If not for what Valdes has done in performances, how he's been as a player and a person for Barcelona. You think you can just replace Valdes, a guy who's been with Barcelona since he was 10 years old, came up through La Masia and earned his spot ahead of a very good keeper (Rustu) and made the first team spot his own for 11 years. You can't just replace that with any old player. What he embodies cannot be replaced.

Give the guy some respect. It's embarrassing. I'm not sure if you call yourself a Barca fan because I've never seen you in the Barca section, but if so, I find that unfortunate.

Barcelona doesn't want him? If you believe that then please remove yourself from this forum and never come back. It's his own decision. But why go there when it's all speculation?

How has he not been one of the best keepers in Barca history? If not the best?

Also, Vorm is from Swansea, not Newcastle...unless you are thinking of Krul.

OK so your just going to ignore everything I said. Thought so, I mean it does make sense and all.

Barca doesn't want him. And yea, it's obvious your young since you would know if Barca want to keep you they don't let you get into the last year of your contract or leave for free if they want to keep you or sell you. It's really football 101. But hey, why would we let facts and reason get in the way of things.

They are letting Valdes leave on a free at 31 years old. I know that must make a dent somewhere in your thick skull. And no one wants him. I will bet you any amount of money he takes a sizeable pay cut where ever he goes. Does that sound like an Icon at the top of his game?

So we have in your opinion a great "Icon" keeper etc etc in the prime of his career leaving for free and Brazil is pretty much the only place that's interested.

Don't you find that strange? That all the guys who evaluate football players for a living don't want anything to do with him. They know 2 things. 1) He makes too much money because he has been a part of the Barca seen and is now used to being overpaid. And 2) He's nothing special and today's game is the perfect example. Sure he will save the ball kicked directly into his chest, but ask him to go above and beyond just a little bit and it's a goal. Sure the ball was deflected but it was routine save. Any elite keeper saves it and before you go there Buffon's was nothing like it. He didn't get within a foot of the ball. Valdes basically watched the ball go in under him while his hand was on it.

And as far as you saying it was Valdes' decision that couldn't be more naive. Players don't just go to clubs and decide they want to leave in the middle of there contract in the middle of a season. The team told him he can leave as there not going to offer him another contract and they don't want to pay for him anymore so to save face he's doing this whole song and dance.

Again teams don't let valuable pieces leave for free you should at least know that. Please tell me you know that?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed 03 Apr 2013, 07:27

That’s two games now the ref and his team have managed to “help” us. *rme*

I thought we were UEFAlona? How is it that we can blatantly have calls against us and people will still think we get help to win things. Ridiculous.

The player that shouldnt even have played today, scored an offside goal by miles. I thought Stark was apart of our Uefacef conspiracy? He consistently allowed PSG players to foul and hack in the second half with not even a yellow, much less a call..yet as soon as a Barca player breathed on a PSG player, the whistle was louder than the crowd in the stadium. Its frustrating to try to concentrate on the game when there are so many “mistakes” by the officials. And I’m really not in the mood for anyone to tell me not to blame result on officials. I’m not but these things have to be pointed out.

PSG played well but I do not think they deserved to be level at the end of the game. At all. The draw leaves a bad taste in my mouth. With so many injuries, I wanted some kind of tangible advantage to take back to the Camp Nou. Our defense will allow goals..and with no Messi (possibly) in the second leg we can’t count on outscoring the opposition. Still, I guess 2 away goals is great. Much better than not getting any away goal AND conceding 2 :S

Sometimes I really dislike this sport.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed 03 Apr 2013, 07:31

Also I'm glad Mascherano is out because Barta gets more minutes. No Song please in the defense maybe Busi but NO Song...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 08:49

Dnmac4 is right CBarca, Valdes wasn't even Spain's 2nd choice keeper back then. Lopez had his place.

Only reason Valdes made it in to the Spain squad tbh was to please Barca fans, otherwise I could easily see Lopez still in the squad.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 09:47

this game showed crystal clear that Mou didn't send QSG a video. The fact that they allowed Barca all posession near their box further proved this. stupid petty rumour
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:06

Again... for those too dense to know the real story. The reason Ibra had gotten a 2 game ban originally as opposed to the usual 1 was that the referee had put in his report that his red card occurred out of bounds. UEFA specifically pointed to that fact for the added game. PSG appealed on the basis that the foul was in the field of play. After seeing the video that clearly showed that the foul was in play, UEFA had no choice but to revert the call.

It was the referee's mistake on the game report that led to the extra game suspension and was justly overturned with undeniable proof of the error.

Now all the Barca fans can continue their crying about UEFA and referees..... which is Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing in itself. How hypocritical can a fanbase be ffs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 03 Apr 2013, 13:08

Considering Messi's second goal against Milan was offside it's nice to see the shoe on the other foot eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed 03 Apr 2013, 13:21

Zealous wrote:Considering Messi's second goal against Milan was offside it's nice to see the shoe on the other foot eco smile

Except it wasn't over 9000 meters offside. Just a fraction maybe which you can always get wrong. In fact I'd say it isn't even offside. Look at Zapata's right foot.

PSG vs Barcelona - Page 8 Xd4o7j42

But this is just scandalous:

PSG vs Barcelona - Page 8 Gift

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed 03 Apr 2013, 13:25

This is a thread to discuss Barcelona's game against Paris Saint Germain, not every game Barcelona have ever played in the Champions League. A little focus from all, if you please.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 03 Apr 2013, 13:42

In any case it's still advantage Barcelona after the first leg. PSG have a life line but they would need everything to go their way in the second leg if they want to have a shot.

They have to score the first goal in the Mou Camp.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 14:12

Zealous wrote:Considering Messi's second goal against Milan was offside it's nice to see the shoe on the other foot eco smile

It was nice to see that a referee finally gives Barca a stonewall penalty, unlike the game against Milan...
Zealous wrote:In any case it's still advantage Barcelona after the first leg. PSG have a life line but they would need everything to go their way in the second leg if they want to have a shot.

They have to score the first goal in the Mou Camp.

Is Mou camp the most undeserved nickname in football history? Hasn't he only won at the Nou Camp 2 times or something? Barca won just as much at the Bernabeu just last season alone..

Edit: Btw, is it true that Platini's son works for PSG? If it is, then that explains why, for once, UEFA reduced Ibra's suspension..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed 03 Apr 2013, 14:21

Good game to be watching; had quite some fun in Paris! My dad was very thrilled; he didnt know where we went till we went to check in at the airport Very Happy The game itself wasnt that great; we had good posession, the double marking on Messi worked very well for Paris-SG, despite some slip ups. I have no doubt we will beat them at home. Even without Messi we created some chances, that say allot. Messi will play at the return leg.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 03 Apr 2013, 14:22

Why are you still on about the suspension? It was already explained to you yet you refuse to read or can't understand.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 03 Apr 2013, 14:24

Collblanc wrote:Good game to be watching; had quite some fun in Paris! My dad was very thrilled; he didnt know where we went till we went to check in at the airport Very Happy The game itself wasnt that great; we had good posession, the double marking on Messi worked very well for Paris-SG, despite some slip ups. I have no doubt we will beat them at home. Even without Messi we created some chances, that say allot. Messi will play at the return leg.

Glad you had fun eco smile

How was Paris? I'm kind of jealous because it really is one of my favourite cities to be in.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed 03 Apr 2013, 14:27

Zealous wrote:Why are you still on about the suspension? It was already explained to you yet you refuse to read or can't understand.

And you belive it? I mean, it aint the first time that it has happend before and yet they have never reduced a suspension in such a big game..

Oh and I still go on about it because UEFA did something that they have never done before and the guy ends up scoring a goal when he was 1-2 meters offside.. Mad
And plus I just found out that Platini's son works for PSG, although I don't know if its true or not..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 03 Apr 2013, 14:46

I believe it but that's irrelevant anyway. Don't you think it was weird that Ibra got a 2 game ban instead of the regular 1 game ban in the first place? The extra game was given due to the ref saying the play was out of bounds and it clearly wasn't. Ibra had already served a one game suspension so really you have nothing to complain about here.

If you want to complain about the offside goal then go right ahead, at least that would be a legitimate reason to be butthurt.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Wed 03 Apr 2013, 14:48

Its frustrating to watch Barcelona play away CL games.

Cant remember when they have a played a good CL match away from home.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next