Valkyrja
The Franchise
LeBéninois
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eusebio vs C.Ronaldo Empty Eusebio vs C.Ronaldo

Post by LeBéninois Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 15:39

Even if most of us didn't wacth Eusebio , would you say Cristianno's aura would be as big as his ?

Eusebio's stats are quite impressive also , especially when you remenber what kind of ball he used to play with ...

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Eusebio vs C.Ronaldo Empty Re: Eusebio vs C.Ronaldo

Post by The Franchise Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 15:42

Eusebio was better and I say this because I have already seen more than enough to come to that conclusion.

Cristiano isnt even better than Figo, jumping to Eusebio is a reach to say the least.

All of Cristiano's attributes, speed, power (apperently), quickness and heading...Eusebio had them and on top of that, he could actually dribble.

Eusebio was Ronaldo (Brazil) before his time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:01

The Franchise wrote:Eusebio was better and I say this because I have already seen more than enough to come to that conclusion.

Cristiano isnt even better than Figo, jumping to Eusebio is a reach to say the least.

All of Cristiano's attributes, speed, power (apperently), quickness and heading...Eusebio had them and on top of that, he could actually dribble.

Eusebio was Ronaldo (Brazil) before his time.

I also believe Eusebio was better but what i wanted to really talk about is their aura ? As C.Ronaldo is the one still playing many people would be tempt to say his aura is bigger but i wouldn't say so

ROnaldo's aura is bigger than figo imo.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:09

I am not sure what Aura is...do you mean hype? Because yeah, Cristiano is more hyped, he has more lunatic fanatics..but thats normal, with the modern media and things like that.

Cristiano is recent, easier to remember so things like this will always favour the more recent..generally.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:31

Cristiano isn't better than Figo :facepalm: Please man. So Figo would be the second best player in the world today ?

The best Portuguese players of all time, but I'd go with Cristiano.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:35

But C.Ronaldo can bench 210lbs, surely that counts for something?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:43

I duno if Figo would be the 2nd best today or not, but he was still better than Cristiano.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:44

The Franchise wrote:I duno if Figo would be the 2nd best today or not, but he was still better than Cristiano.

How was he better than Cristiano ? I don't see how Figo can be better than a player who scores 60 goals a season. Figo didn't have half the productivity Ronaldo has.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:45

Well that makes Cristiano better than Maradona too, apperently.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:49

The Franchise wrote:Well that makes Cristiano better than Maradona too, apperently.

Maradona was 3x the player Figo was, that's different. Maradona is a top 3/5 player of all time, Figo isn't anywhere near that, maybe a top 5 winger.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:50

Why? Cristiano is far more productive than Maradona...must be better.

Thats the only logic you have for him being better than Figo after all.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 16:51

Figo better than Ronaldo. Laughing
pls go.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 17:35

The Franchise wrote:Why? Cristiano is far more productive than Maradona...must be better.

Thats the only logic you have for him being better than Figo after all.

I i have to choose a player to build my team around i'd go with Ronaldo and not Figo . I'm far to be Cr7 biggest fan but his consistency makes him '' better '' than Figo.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 17:44

Figo gave the NT a glimmer of hope of actually achieving anything. CRonaldo needs a guy like Figo to perform for his country
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 17:44

Well at least you have a reasonable arguement, I cant hate on that, thats fair enough.

Your points are valid but for me, he has holes in his game which are too big.

Figo is my all time most hated player for obvious reasons, but that doesnt give me licence to be blind, he was a fantastic dribbler, incredibly quick and fast, impossible to knock off the ball and put in some of the best crosses and final passes from any winger I recall in recent time.

A real creative force in his heyday for Barca and for Portugal. Madrid too but slightly less so, he by that point was losing much of his speed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 17:44

Lex wrote:Figo gave the NT a glimmer of hope of actually achieving anything. CRonaldo needs a guy like Figo to perform for his country

In terms of NT its not even debatable, Figo was much much better.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 18:36

Ronaldo was better than Figo in 2004 and 2006. Figo's prime was in 2000 when he guided Portugal to the Euro semi-finals. Cristiano did that too in 2012, with a much weaker team. I still think that Cristiano's prime will be 2014.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 18:47

likeastar wrote:Ronaldo was better than Figo in 2004 and 2006. Figo's prime was in 2000 when he guided Portugal to the Euro semi-finals. Cristiano did that too in 2012, with a much weaker team. I still think that Cristiano's prime will be 2014.

Portugal may not be at the WC
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed 20 Mar 2013 - 19:13

Eusebio.

As someone said R9, before R9.

As for CR7 vs. Figo... I'm glad people have brought up the national team, for which Figo is clearly Portugals most successful player in the modern age.

Sometimes, I feel people forget how much National Team performances effect your legacy. In addition, Figo was a great team player. But even with all those things given, it is hard to argue for Figo over CR7 with facts. The only real way to argue for Figo is to just watch him, and watch the brilliance.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 19:15

Eusebio doesn't fail in the qualifiers against israel luxembourg north ireland azerbaijan etc.

just sayin' :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 19:20

Players from different era really. Saw a game performing him for Portugal, made himself look like a circus clown tho. Others around him werent any better either, Ive seen 7 Yos with better technical skill Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 19:32

likeastar wrote:Ronaldo was better than Figo in 2004 and 2006. Figo's prime was in 2000 when he guided Portugal to the Euro semi-finals. Cristiano did that too in 2012, with a much weaker team. I still think that Cristiano's prime will be 2014.

Cristiano wasn't better than Figo in 2004 and 2006 for Portugal. The Golden Generation of Portuguese football showed up big time for those two events and unfortunately for Cristiano, he doesn't have a Figo, Rui Costa, Pauleta (not like he did anything of any note for Portugal either), Paulo Sousa, Conceicao, Rui Bento, Joao Pinto to help his cause now. Make no mistake, Portugal under achieved greatly with Figo and co. before Cristiano and would continue to do it while Cristiano is there.

Figo was a better footballer than Cristiano for me. Both footed, very accurate in his passing and crossing, speed, strength off the ball, great dribbling ability, man, I was so so over joyed Perez got him from Barcelona. Him and Rivaldo were just, ugh, great together.

Make no mistake, Cristiano is ridiculously skillful but he just doesn't have that footballing brain that Figo possessed.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 26 Mar 2013 - 20:46

Doc wrote:

Cristiano wasn't better than Figo in 2004 and 2006 for Portugal. The Golden Generation of Portuguese football showed up big time for those two events and unfortunately for Cristiano, he doesn't have a Figo, Rui Costa, Pauleta (not like he did anything of any note for Portugal either), Paulo Sousa, Conceicao, Rui Bento, Joao Pinto to help his cause now. Make no mistake, Portugal under achieved greatly with Figo and co. before Cristiano and would continue to do it while Cristiano is there.

Figo was a better footballer than Cristiano for me. Both footed, very accurate in his passing and crossing, speed, strength off the ball, great dribbling ability, man, I was so so over joyed Perez got him from Barcelona. Him and Rivaldo were just, ugh, great together.

Make no mistake, Cristiano is ridiculously skillful but he just doesn't have that footballing brain that Figo possessed.

IMO Cristiano is miles better, and I'm not biased, I consider Figo one of the best wingers ever. If this Cristiano would have the team Figo had, Portugal would have a better chance at winning Euro and WC.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 27 Mar 2013 - 2:27

problem is that Ronaldo is sucking all the way through for his NT, he is putrid. It's not a case of the overall team letting CR down, he is just bad. So the hypothesis that with better team mate he would be better doesnt work here, or at least, that makes him look bad to Figo because Figo was almost always the technical leader in his team, the one lifting the team up. Even more impressive considering the kind of talents he played with, he still managed to shine and to make the other look good.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed 27 Mar 2013 - 5:23

likeastar wrote:
Doc wrote:

IMO Cristiano is miles better, and I'm not biased, I consider Figo one of the best wingers ever. If this Cristiano would have the team Figo had, Portugal would have a better chance at winning Euro and WC.

All or nothing , right ? Cr is no way MILES better than Figo even if you think he's better ...

I kind of agree with this , '' Figo was a better footballer than Cristiano for me. Both footed, very accurate in his passing and crossing, speed, strength off the ball, great dribbling ability, man, I was so so over joyed Perez got him from Barcelona. Him and Rivaldo were just, ugh, great together. ''

Cr is a machine , a goalscorer but overall ability i think Figo is kinda better. Think of Prime Ribéry : Figo was better than him .
I truly believe that CR is missing a player like Figo and Figo would have achieved more with a scorer like ronaldo besides him . ( when they played together Cr was not on that level yet ).
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next