LeBéninois
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eusebio vs C.Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: Eusebio vs C.Ronaldo

Post by LeBéninois Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:23 am

likeastar wrote:
Doc wrote:
likeastar wrote:Ronaldo was better than Figo in 2004 and 2006. Figo's prime was in 2000 when he guided Portugal to the Euro semi-finals. Cristiano did that too in 2012, with a much weaker team. I still think that Cristiano's prime will be 2014.

Cristiano wasn't better than Figo in 2004 and 2006 for Portugal. The Golden Generation of Portuguese football showed up big time for those two events and unfortunately for Cristiano, he doesn't have a Figo, Rui Costa, Pauleta (not like he did anything of any note for Portugal either), Paulo Sousa, Conceicao, Rui Bento, Joao Pinto to help his cause now. Make no mistake, Portugal under achieved greatly with Figo and co. before Cristiano and would continue to do it while Cristiano is there.

Figo was a better footballer than Cristiano for me. Both footed, very accurate in his passing and crossing, speed, strength off the ball, great dribbling ability, man, I was so so over joyed Perez got him from Barcelona. Him and Rivaldo were just, ugh, great together.

Make no mistake, Cristiano is ridiculously skillful but he just doesn't have that footballing brain that Figo possessed.

IMO Cristiano is miles better, and I'm not biased, I consider Figo one of the best wingers ever. If this Cristiano would have the team Figo had, Portugal would have a better chance at winning Euro and WC.

All or nothing , right ? Cr is no way MILES better than Figo even if you think he's better ...

I kind of agree with this , '' Figo was a better footballer than Cristiano for me. Both footed, very accurate in his passing and crossing, speed, strength off the ball, great dribbling ability, man, I was so so over joyed Perez got him from Barcelona. Him and Rivaldo were just, ugh, great together. ''

Cr is a machine , a goalscorer but overall ability i think Figo is kinda better. Think of Prime Ribéry : Figo was better than him .
I truly believe that CR is missing a player like Figo and Figo would have achieved more with a scorer like ronaldo besides him . ( when they played together Cr was not on that level yet ).

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:32 am

What am I hearing C.Ronaldo is better than Figo? Are fanboys that butthurt? Figo is a far better dribbler, creative and faster player than C.Ronaldo... Before people open their mouths please look at the two players not on youtube but in real life...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:43 am

The Sanchez wrote:What am I hearing C.Ronaldo is better than Figo? Are fanboys that butthurt? Figo is a far better dribbler, creative and faster player than C.Ronaldo... Before people open their mouths please look at the two players not on youtube but in real life...

come on, even with weights on his ankles, Ronaldo is faster than Figo at his best. also, being better dribbler or more creative doesnt make x a better player than y.

the figo vs ronaldo comparison is a tough one to me but i think because of Ronaldo's achievements at club level, CR is overall a better player. Figo was a magnificent footballer tho, and bar scoring Ronaldo had nothing on him, that i agree.

Comparison to Eusebio? tough because i didnt see him live but i am student enough to know that he was a better. Both being scorers makes it easy to compare them, but on top of being a magnificent striker, Eusebio was a leader and took his team at heights no one ever expected. i give it a special mention. That's not to say that CR is a scrub, if i rate Eusebio a 10, Ronaldo is a 9.90
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:I duno if Figo would be the 2nd best today or not, but he was still better than Cristiano.

weak point.

figo was never a game changer, and in madrid he would not be the best player... he was never madrid's best player... at anytime he was at madrid.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I duno if Figo would be the 2nd best today or not, but he was still better than Cristiano.

weak point.

figo was never a game changer, and in madrid he would not be the best player... he was never madrid's best player... at anytime he was at madrid.

WTF was that?

Are you kidding me with that crap?
Comments like this are so asinine and blasphemous.

Did you even watch Figo play? Seriously?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:13 pm

izzy wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:

weak point.

WTF was that?

Are you kidding me with that crap?
Comments like this are so asinine and blasphemous.

Did you even watch Figo play? Seriously?

what did he achieve for our club? crap.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:23 am

Figo not a gamechanger smh

Ballon Dor winner but not a game changer.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 am

Real Kandahar wrote:

weak point.

Hmm, Figo joined Real Madrid in 2000 which, going by your age displayed means you would have been 6 or 7 years old. Understandably, you didn't get to see him much. His first 3 seasons at the club were stuff of greatness. Wasn't as epic as his Barcelona days due to losing some of his pace but he pretty much was a very key member of the team.

Until things start to fall apart in the middle of his fourth season (2003-2004). Not for him but the team on a whole. Still, he helped achieved 2 La Liga titles and a UCL title with us.

Oh and he was a game changer. Definitely...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Just realised his age..no wonder this debate is going on...didnt even see him play.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Sun May 05, 2013 11:42 am

Valkyrja wrote:Cristiano isn't better than Figo :facepalm: Please man. So Figo would be the second best player in the world today ?

The best Portuguese players of all time, but I'd go with Cristiano.

C.Ronaldo is a Striker, Figo no.

Figo was better assistman and more better dribbler

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun May 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Fido far bette footballer ffs
And I'm a calma fan ffs
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun May 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Am I in reality? What next, Cronaldo vs. Pele, Maradona, Messi?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon May 06, 2013 12:46 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:What am I hearing C.Ronaldo is better than Figo? Are fanboys that butthurt? Figo is a far better dribbler, creative and faster player than C.Ronaldo... Before people open their mouths please look at the two players not on youtube but in real life...

come on, even with weights on his ankles, Ronaldo is faster than Figo at his best. also, being better dribbler or more creative doesnt make x a better player than y.

the figo vs ronaldo comparison is a tough one to me but i think because of Ronaldo's achievements at club level, CR is overall a better player. Figo was a magnificent footballer tho, and bar scoring Ronaldo had nothing on him, that i agree.

Comparison to Eusebio? tough because i didnt see him live but i am student enough to know that he was a better. Both being scorers makes it easy to compare them, but on top of being a magnificent striker, Eusebio was a leader and took his team at heights no one ever expected. i give it a special mention. That's not to say that CR is a scrub, if i rate Eusebio a 10, Ronaldo is a 9.90

This post :bow: so true

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by King Meyy Wed May 08, 2013 10:07 pm

I really have not seen Figo play but if he is the player you al claim him to be... He does not seem to have the personal awards CR7 does or have teams built around him at clubs like Manu or Real.Was he this machine like consistent either?

I remember Ronaldo being better than Figo at wc2006,in the semi-final against France he was rated the highest player on the pitch though i think motm was Zidane or a french defender.

Another argument here was going based on stats where one claimed ronaldo was better than figo and the other responded with so is he better than maradonnna?

Maradonna had teams built around him,led his team twice to the world cup and took a Top 5 team like Napoli and gave them a whole era of Success including European trophies and League titles.Obviously not and Figo cannot claim similar acheivements....Probably Zidane and Ronaldo 9 overshadowed him being in the same generation.

King Meyy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2