Forza
Kick
Nirgall
52 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Ronaldo vs Ronaldo - Page 7 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Ronaldo

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:59 am

LeSwagg James wrote:Ronaldo could *bleep* around and still be a boss.. Cristiano works his ass off just to be a stat padder

Laughing Are you trying to say R9 was a boss when he was a fatass and could barely run? The romanticism is unreal Laughing

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:48 am

FennecFox7 wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:Ronaldo could *bleep* around and still be a boss.. Cristiano works his ass off just to be a stat padder

Laughing Are you trying to say R9 was a boss when he was a fatass and could barely run? The romanticism is unreal Laughing

He may not have been the go-to- guy for counter attacks when he was fat, but his presence still imposed a great deal of fear into opposing defenders, something I believe few players do these days, including the top players of modern time. I don't deny that it's true that people tend to place past greats on a pedestal, largely based on nostalgic value, but I think it's equally true that people belittle past greats for the sake of enjoying what's new, exciting and still relevant.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:20 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Let's not touch messi. He is a class above the rest and I mean this 100%.

I'm not arguing who was better at their peak and CR has a pretty good case of challenging R9 there.

R9 was not a one man team like some people would have you believe and on top of that his disgusting professionalism while he was at Madrid and beyond shows true lack of discipline required to be a great imo

Nobody talks refers to his Madrid stint while talking about R9's quality. Before his injury in 99 he was Messi level.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:40 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:

I would take a fat Ronaldo over that selfish Portuegese stat padding piece of shit any day of the week
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:31 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:

I would take a fat Ronaldo over that selfish Portuegese stat padding piece of shit any day of the week

Let's be serious . Cr7 at Real is better overall than R9 at Real. Pre injury/ prime R9 is better of course.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:24 pm

R9 was more talented but at the end of the day you would think 10/10 teams would take R7 over R9 simply because of his dedication, hard work and consistency.

People really undervalue consistency in general and are always looking for the spectacular (and in this case are also short of memory, because R7 has definitely been spectacular at points in his career). If R9 had R7's work ethic and dedication the sky would have been the limit for him. The same goes for Ronaldinho.

This is also ignoring that R7 also is incredibly talented and more intelligent on the pitch than people give him credit for because of his big, 'in your face' personality.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Prime R9 is way better, but CR7 has surpassed R9 since he has been longer at the top. So, if question would be Prime R9 vs CR7 - R9 wins, otherwise CR7 is the winner.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:34 pm

CR is not smart on the pitch... that part is absolutely false. He does nothing for his teammates 90% of the time yet his teammates are expected to do everything for him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Sounds like bias to me. I could bring up countless examples of him making smart plays for his teammates, but I don't need to go through his whole career to find it. Just watch the Roma game where he led the team in setting up scoring opportunities and was generally linking up well with everyone while using good movement in the Roma half (he didn't track back much, but that's just Ronaldo).

Also his intelligence on the pitch is one of the most underrated aspects of his game. He's incredibly selfish, sure, but his movement and off the ball intelligence is second to very few. He doesn't always make the best decisions because of his selfishness when he's on the ball, but most goal scorers are selfish.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:53 pm

If you watch the Roma game more than just superficially, you would see that he gave Marcelo absolutely no help (per usual), which allowed Roma to get the numerical advantage there and pushed Ramos wide (per usual).  If Roma had someone with a better final ball than Salah, that scoreline would be far different.  The middle had only one CB there since Ramos was playing LB.

On the attack, he doesn't make a single run designed to open up space.  He only moves if it's for himself.  So the middle of the pitch was completely closed.  It took a deflected shot for him to score.  Since Benzema played injured (dealing with a bad back and isn't playing this weekend), we had zero movement or linkup to help the team.  It became all about individual plays.

Been like that all year.  Ronaldo has been far worse than the other two of the BBC trio this season.

There's a reason we only have 2 major trophies in CR's 7 years here despite having an elite squad. He doesn't make the team better. He's all about himself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:34 am

If you think CR is the reason you haven't won more than 2 major trophies in his time with Real Madrid you have incredibly narrow vision of the footballing world. Ronaldo absolutely makes the team he's on better. His list of team trophies is not exactly small, and his individual accomplishments are not small either.

Only player to win the League title, Domestic Cup, Domestic Supercup, Champions League, Club World Cup, League Player of the Year, Golden Shoe and Ballon d'Or at two different clubs (Manchester United and Real Madrid)

Also "he needed a deflection for his goal" lol you didn't need to make any other statement to show your anti-Ronaldo bias. You probably think Benzema is a better player.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Better question would be who is better striker.because both can not impact game without scoring and easier to stop in important games without all around game.maybe this is the reason they have very few club titles in their career.96-97 r9 is best striker ever for me but not best ever player. As a player maybe CR7 is more all around player he can take free kicks and make some crosses
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 pm

nazimali12 wrote:Better question would be who is better striker.because both can not impact game without scoring and easier to stop in important games without all around game.maybe this is the reason they have very few club titles in their career.96-97 r9 is best striker ever for me but not best ever player. As a player maybe CR7 is more all around player he can take free kicks and make some crosses

Yeah he does take free kicks but his efficiency is like what 2%, and the last time i saw CR7 crossed was when he was a United player, Ronaldo is a better finisher and a better dribbler, Cristiano is a better athlete and is way better in the air., i'd take Ronaldo for my team.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFoWoOAbIGQ
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:26 am

Curtinho wrote:If you think CR is the reason you haven't won more than 2 major trophies in his time with Real Madrid you have incredibly narrow vision of the footballing world. Ronaldo absolutely makes the team he's on better. His list of team trophies is not exactly small, and his individual accomplishments are not small either.

Only player to win the League title, Domestic Cup, Domestic Supercup, Champions League, Club World Cup, League Player of the Year, Golden Shoe and Ballon d'Or at two different clubs (Manchester United and Real Madrid)

Also "he needed a deflection for his goal" lol you didn't need to make any other statement to show your anti-Ronaldo bias. You probably think Benzema is a better player.

The bias on this forum is sad sometimes. I wish people would just be objective for once in the Madrid section. Ronaldo has a slump against a few big teams for a few months = flat track bully all of a sudden, never mind all the goals he has scored against big teams.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:49 am

FennecFox7 wrote:

The bias on this forum is sad sometimes.

Bro, haven't you heard? Robben is better than Ronaldo now. Rolling Eyes
Cause you know, someone other than Messi always has to be better than Ronaldo.  Thumbs up
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7