Forza
Kick
Nirgall
52 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ronaldo vs Ronaldo - Page 5 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Ronaldo

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:05 am

chad4401 wrote:another debate comparing cr to some legend just end up looking like some averge joe no matter what, same pattern over and over

Lol exactly

I have never in my life seen so many haters as much as CR has

It's because hes different. he's not the typical player, he gets mad on the field sometimes, he runs weird, he does millions of stepovers, but in the end stats speak for themselves, everyone has their own style of play. lol ffs people criticize his style if anything, then try to make him look worse with that argument :facepalm:

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:54 am

You don't understand what the word hater means, that much is evident. Don't be mad because your cordial approach didn't change our opinion of your hero. I guess you missed the part of my post where I said (and I quote)...
ranDOM10 wrote:I can recognize his greatness as a player

I watched CR7 in the past and saw him opt to shoot the ball instead of building the play up, my opinion was formed on my own. I will admit that I have not watched much of him as of late and people claim he has changed (but there are many who will admit he used to be quite selfish) - if you choose to deny that, it is clear to me that you are delusional.

When will you address the 7 shots per game statistic? When will you address what you take into account when rating a players shooting? Stop crying and spend more time actually reading what I write.

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:04 am

conversation is dead, none are going to change their opinion I say lets just agree to disagree, unless someone here feels like they can bring up a new argument.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:35 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
Laughing

rofl again

So you again try to argue that CR had teams who kiss ass to him. I mean, it totally isn't CR's brilliance that he is that good, its the system that makes him that good.

Is it really that small of a possibility that teams played around R9? If R9 destroys CR like you guys say, then it wouldn't be too far off?

CR is selfish.. please. Not at all. He has never been selfish.. watch him instead of feeding off of others opinions

The nostalgia in this forum is sad. It's funny really. I can't believe people call R9 the greatest player ever.. lol he isn't even on the same level as messi, cryuff, or maradona..
How can you, in a serious debate, say that CR has never been selfish?

this is the kind of statement that completely invalid anything you say.

More so than a debate between Cristiano vs Ronaldo, this has turned into a clash of generations. i wouldnt be wrong in saying that most of the people that argue for R9, are the older branch of this forum, while those who are pushing CR are a bit younger, as Giggity. I dont mean to simplify things but i dont think many posters here fully grasp the might of the players that came before this generation.

You talk about nostalgia but it's not that. People like Jibercus or Dani are people who have spent time watching games in black and white, studying the history of the game, the way football was before. Personally, i went through the same experience, so i very much understand their frustration with some of the comments being made here. Actually, it pisses me off even more when posters nowdays just jump to statistics because they dont actually spend time to watching games anymore, a quick trip to Whoscored.com and they think they know a player because he got a 10 rating and makes 3 key passes per game.

So no, it's not nostalgia, i simply think that some posters here draw from greater experience and knowledge to address a particular topic, as opposed to others, particularly in a thread like this where past knowledge is required.

Is CR better than R9? what are we comparing? level at peak years? or consistency overtime? or pure footballing abilities?

Ability wise, R9 was simply a better footballer. I dont understand how this is a debate as there hasnt been a phenom like R9 in the history of the game, maybe just Eusebio before him. Most precise combination of speed, power and technique you will ever see. Roni in his PSG days had some flashes of R9, but they were just flashes. As amazing of an athlete as Cristiano is, i dont think he ever generated the same level of fear factor among elite defenders are Ronaldo did. So even as far as Peak level, i think Ronaldo has proved more than few times that he was that guy that could be counted on when it was most difficult, that one star that lived up to his status and led his team to victories with key moments, over and over. As far as consistency, Cristiano takes it as obviously you cant ignore the kind of goalscoring performances he is having seasons after seasons.

My problem with CR however has always been that he came short in the biggest games, in those very important moments. He made a career of disappearing in tough moments, i know it sounds arsh for such a magnificent player, but it's a reality. Jibercus talked about the kind of anarchy he created in the teams he played with, which is a very crunching argument to me, and it's something that hasnt served him well in his career.

Cristiano however has been the best i have ever seen him for about 13 months now, He has completely transformed himself into Calmaldo. There is no shame in admitting that he isnt as good as R9 or Van Basten, after all, we are not comparing him to Bobo Vieri or Klinsman. And holding that kind of opinion doesnt make us "haters", it's about time some of you grow up a little.

ps: I noticed a lot of people dont understand that Cristiano is being compared to Messi in this generation yet, while people rank Messi as top 5 (i do), Ronaldo is far away in top 30 or so on. Well, that just tells you how many amazing players have played this game, but it's true. they might be playing in the same generation and be rivals, yet, messi is walking in the footsteps of football divinity, while CR is just another great (that's not a dig).
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:35 am

when i was 12 , i told to one of my teammate after a tough game: '' I didn't manage to influence the game as much as i usually do'' and he just said
'' Well, this is how we see who really is great , against tough opponents ''

Many players ( Quaresma, Gomez, Ben arfa) are fantastic against weaker teams and just fail to deliver against WC opponents . and there are guys who would go on the pitch and to their thing, their magic either they are facing scrubs or WC players. And even if they do suffer you just know they can pull out some magic at any moment. I don't have this feeling with Cr7. When i see him suffering i hope that others will step up to help him whereas with R9 i just have the feeling that he was the only one to save the situation.
R9 has dissapointed me many times though and ronaldo has been the savior many times also but if overrall
R9 is the one.

From the comment above:

As amazing of an athlete as Cristiano is, i dont think he ever generated the same level of fear factor among elite defenders are Ronaldo did. So even as far as Peak level, i think Ronaldo has proved more than few times that he was that guy that could be counted on when it was most difficult, that one star that lived up to his status and led his team to victories with key moments, over and over. As far as consistency, Cristiano takes it as obviously you cant ignore the kind of goalscoring performances he is having seasons after seasons.

I do rate Cr7 very high though : in the same bracket as Henry or Iniesta
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:54 am

Comparing players by stats and numbers may be accurate ( in some cases ) if we include everything.

for example, if you want to compare CR and R9, compare these elements :

dribbles per game
missed balls per game
% of passes per game
Chances created per game
% of shoots
number of chances missed and scored
distance covered
etc.....

we want to compare we should look at whole picture. not just goals.

for example it's clear for me that if we give R9 and CR7 10 one on one opportunities R9 will score 9 of them while CR7 will score 5-6.....

but checking all that data is very hard and probably impossible.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 am

Giggity5313 wrote:

Laughing

rofl again

So you again try to argue that CR had teams who kiss ass to him. I mean, it totally isn't CR's brilliance that he is that good, its the system that makes him that good.

Is it really that small of a possibility that teams played around R9? If R9 destroys CR like you guys say, then it wouldn't be too far off?

CR is selfish.. please. Not at all. He has never been selfish.. watch him instead of feeding off of others opinions

The nostalgia in this forum is sad. It's funny really. I can't believe people call R9 the greatest player ever.. lol he isn't even on the same level as messi, cryuff, or maradona..

Ronaldo vs Ronaldo - Page 5 Mj-laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:36 am

We'll have to wait till CR retires before we get a clear view of how he will be remembered. Saying things like top 30 or top 20 is subjective as hell and I'm not even going to get into that can of worms. I personally think people will put him up there with the best and in my opinion he's earned that for being able to do things that other players don't do and can't do.

I'm not comparing anyone and it's pretty obvious that people are using style of play to judge and put other factors aside but CR is doing things very few players in the history of football can say they did and he's been doing it consistently so that deserves respect.

The goals he scores with both feet, his head, in the air, with runs in behind, set pieces, sprints in the last moments of games. He does it all and he does it all at a high level and I'm not sure whether people don't see this or are choosing not to see it because it hasn't been done in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to them.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:38 am

The Ostracised One wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Laughing

rofl again

Ronaldo vs Ronaldo - Page 5 Mj-laughing

Every great striker in the history of the game is or has been selfish lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 am

Laughing CR not selfish Giggity what are you on Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 am

I think Nicks great post pretty much sums up my overall thoughts on this.

At the end of the day, I really dont care that much what many of you think. Thats not an insult or me being arrogant, im just saying everyone is entitled to their own opinion and when it comes to my opinion, it usually takes alot of convincing to change my mind on something I seen my with my own two eyes.

Something I lack that knowledge in, because I have not seen it, I will defer to peoples opinion, those who I have trust for, because their history shows what kind of opinions I expect. I dont like to single people out but when Gigg says "Cristiano was never selfish"..how can I take anything else he says with any seriousness?

Anyway, when I seen what I seen, its going to take a good arguement to get me to reconsider. Flooding me with stats does nothing, all it tells me is that you really didnt watch or didnt understand what your watching.

As always, everyone is free to believe what they wish, but you cant expect people who watched both guys entire career's closly to not pull you up if you say something which to them, is frankly obsurd.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 am

You have a guy who watched both say Cristiano is better though. So it's not like the people who watched both are all siding with Ronaldo. For me at least when comparing Madrid careers Cristiano is the best "Ronaldo" Madrid ever had in terms of performances and it's not even a close contest. But that's just me and I'm not forcing it on anyone, I'm not to going to apologise for thinking that either.

But the key words here are "to you" "to them" "your opinion" etc. I think this thread has run it's course, everyone has pretty much explained their stance and it's clear people aren't going to change their opinion.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:25 pm

I dont remember saying everyone who seen both thinks Ronaldo is better...

I said I have seen both, I am talking about myself..and I also said everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The Madrid Ronaldo? I have no idea why its even being mentioned, nobody who thinks Ronaldo is better is basing on who was better for Madrid.

All the arguements to me (and its certaintly the arguement I have said many many times) that Ronaldo at his prime, is better than Cristiano's prime, be that now, be that for Man Utd, whichever, whatever, it doesnt really matter.

This thread never even had a course honestly, nearly every thread comparing one to another is like that and will always be like that. I hope nobody here expected to change anyone elses opinion on the matter, the entire route the thread took was fairly predictable.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Guess it's my fault for thinking it might have gone down differently Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:10 pm

We all like to believe I guess lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:04 pm

calmnaldo :bow:

great nickname nick lol

calmnaldo is a legend in big games right now, ever since his transformation he has scored 12 clasico goals, and is at the 7th place for all time clasico goals. he's just 6 goals away from messi. absolutely incredible how he went from the biggest flop to easily our best big game player
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:19 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:Ronaldo was my most of our idols so I understand you guys defending him, but I dont know why you have to bash on one player to justify the superiority of another one. I love Ronaldo, and I prefer him to CR7, but no way is Ronaldo couple of levels ahead of CR7. I wont be able to even argue that Ronaldo was definitely better than Cr7, its just a matter of preference. The only thing I like about Cr7 more than Ronaldo, is that Cr7 works his ass off everyday, while Ronaldo decided to party and put his life over his career at a similar age. I remember Raul saying how Ronaldo didnt train hard enough, and would party till late night at Real. Whereas, the same Raul, said Cr7 was the first guy in training and the last one to leave. It shows the effort both of these guys put, Ronaldo clearly had natural talent but didnt put enough effort to cement himself as the greatest ever (injuries didnt help), whereas CR7 can never be the greatest ever, but atleast he tries everyday of his life.

Bottomline, I still prefer Ronaldo though. No player in my life has scared me as much as Ronaldo in his prime.

Where is that C.Ronaldo has better statistics than Ronaldo??

Cr7 made 358 goals in 619 apps +104 assist, total Gpg=0,74
Ronaldo made 478 goals in 673 apps+130 assist, total GpG=0,90

Cr7 In Nt 38 goals in 102 apps+?
gpg only goals is 0,37 lol lol

Ronaldo in NT 95 goals in 135 apps + 26 assist(Zidane 27) total Gpg 0,89

You are very uninformed here. C.Ronaldo has a few years in which he made more goals than Ronaldo, because he has a better team and why Ronaldo in top form has only played one year in La Liga, the rest is spent in Serie A, a league much more difficult.

With Inter Ronaldo in the first year made 34 goals in 47 but don't not play like center forward but attacking midfielder. No one has done better like a rookie in Serie A.

Ronaldo scored in the final and semi-final of the World Cup, in the semi-finals and final of UEFA Cup, in the final and semi-final of Cup Winners' Cup, in the America's Cup final and semi-final, semi-final and the final of the World Cup for clubs. Only G.Muller did better.

Ronaldo is one of the few players to have made goals at Real, Barca, Juve, Milan, Inter Milan, Manchester

Cr7 has not been as decisive score many goals, but against teams ridiculous and is not dicisive like Ronaldo

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Ronaldo was more decisive than C.Ronaldo

Most opponents scored against in a season: 19, joint record:
Ronaldo for Barcelona (1996–97) (42 games) [70]
Cristiano Ronaldo for Real Madrid (2011–12) (38 games) [70]
Lionel Messi for Barcelona (2012–13) (38 games)

MOST IMPORTANT facts
1- Ronaldo was 19/20 yrs old at that time (the youngest ever to have scored many goals in liga)
2- Ronaldo scored in HIS FIRST SEASON liga (the youngest ROOKIE to have let many records in liga)
3- Barca 96 were like 7.5/10 << Barca Real (like 9.5/10)
4- Almost 40% of his goals are solo (individual skill) goals like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiJjqc8yaqU

C.Ronaldo can not get a goal like that, C.Ronaldo ago 20 step overs to dribble the air

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Anyone that knows anything about football will know R9 is better than Cristiano. R9 at his peak was superior to anything Cristiano has done.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:29 am

According to the ESPN website, Ronaldo is the most decisive player in their history with Pele and Messi. I do not have data at the moment, I saw a while ago, when I find, i post those

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:05 am

Bump.

Almost three years since this thread has seen action.

Since then Cristiano Ronaldo has won one more Ballon Dor and had his highest goal-scoring season ever, 61 goals in all comps in 2014-15, 48 of them in La Liga.

For comparison, Ronaldo 9's highest score tally in La Liga was back when he was just 20-years-old, scoring 34 for Barcelona. He never went to break the 30 league goals barrier in a season again, whereas Cristiano has topped 30 league goals in a season on six occasions in his career hmm

What's people's take on this debate in 2016?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:41 pm

the moment rafa stopped the team from being cr slaves, his goal scoring seems more normal compared to before, where nobody else really shoot but him.

so his previous goal tally was a product of sacrificing his teammates to look relevant, outside of scoring from a stupid amount of shots, he is very average otherwise.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Cristiano is average Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:01 pm

chad is the most logical Madrid fan on GL. Always spot on with his analysises.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:42 pm

futbol wrote:chad is the most logical Madrid fan on GL. Always spot on with his analysises.

Supported

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by FelixMagic Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:33 pm

R9 for me, more dangerous in his best days. Cr7 is just another Inzaghi more skillfull and with a better body.

FelixMagic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next